Pet Battles

Aug 21, 2013 Crawling Claw! After many unsuccessful attempts to archaeology it, I just found it on the AH for 4k. Bad fortune begets good fortune!Yijiao6 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 Best battle I've had in ages. Thank you. Are you the owner of Curiex Begin, Opie, and Oskar? I just fought you with Mojojojo, Bubbles, and Buttercup. It was perhaps the best battle I've had. No cheesy misses, just tons of you using the right abilities at the right times, swapping out well and me doing the same. I wish I could post the log for everyone here to see, it was amazing. Thank you.Sethy1 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 WTT Viscous Horror Looking to trade my Viscous Horror for a TCG Mount. Please post if you have any that you would possibly trade.Tombstone7 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 How do priority moves work? I'll tell you. As said many times in this thread ( ), priority moves don't have a specific mechanic that tells the game to have the pet go first. In reality, they just add a ludicrous amount of speed to the pet that pretty much ensures that they'll always go first. If you've been keeping track, you might have pegged the speed bonus at +1625 speed for competitive battling, which is true, but it's a little more complicated than that. The speed bonus isn't a constant +1625. Instead, it depends on both the level of the pet using the priority move as well as its rarity. The speed bonus is determined using the following simple equation: Bonus = (Level)(Rarity Coefficient) The rarity coefficient is a constant that changes based on the rarity of the pet using the move. Here is a list of them: Legendary: 75 Epic: 70 Rare: 65 Uncommon: 60 Common: 55 Poor: 50 So, at level 25, the four player-obtainable rarities obtain a bonus of 1625, 1500, 1375, and 1250, respectively. The priority bonus is added to the pet's speed before any other speed-increasing effects are applied. For example, my Chi-Chi pet on PTR has 273 "normal" speed, or 409 with the flying passive. If I cast Ethereal, the 1625 bonus is added to the 273 first, and then the sum is multiplied by 1.5 for the Flying passive. The result is (273+1625)*1.5 = 2847 speed, not (273*1.5)+1625 = 2035 speed. This "speed modifier" rule can have some pretty strange effects on priority moves. For example, let's say that I'm using a Magical Crawdad with Dazzling Dance active against Lucky Yi (the Beast of Fable grasshopper in the Valley). Crawdad's normal speed is 227, and under Dazzling Dance it becomes 284. Lucky Yi has 329 speed. You'd think that since Lucky Yi has a higher speed, and since Legendary pets get a much greater bonus than Rare pets, Lucky Yi would go first if both pets use their priority moves. But that's actually not the case. Due to the speed modifier rule, Crawdad goes first with its (227+1625)*1.25 = 2316 speed, compared to Lucky Yi's mere (329 + 1875) = 2204 speed. So the strange rule allowed the slower, less rare Crawdad to outspeed the faster, more rare Lucky Yi. I guess the moral of the story is that speed modifiers are good if you want to win the priority fight O_o The following abilities use the formula given above: Trihorn Charge, Surge, Quick Attack, Love Potion, Blinkstrike, Restoration, Charge, Deflection, and Ethereal. This comprises most, but not all of the available priority moves. As always, there are exceptions. First, Rush doesn't conform to the equation. Competitive battlers probably don't even know what Rush is since it takes up the same spot as Nether Gate on the Fiendish Imp moveset. For those who don't know, Rush deals 15 damage and makes you go first next round... except not really. Unlike other priority moves, Rush gives the user a buff that increases speed by 100%, instead of granting the priority bonus. So if you use it on a Corefire Imp with 289 speed, on the next turn the Imp will have just 578 speed, not the 1914 speed that it would otherwise have. Boo. But while Rush defies the equation in a bad way, Feign Death has its own mechanic that makes the move even better. Feign Death always goes first. Period. It doesn't matter how fast your pet is or what speed modifiers are in play, Feign Death always goes first because it doesn't add any speed, but rather gives it a 100% dodge buff at the start of the round. It even outspeeds priority moves! If two players use Feign Death on the same turn, then they both swap out their pets. Lastly, Cocoon Strike. This move doesn't have priority, but as any moth user knows, it has a secret anti-priority that isn't listed anywhere in the tooltip (but it is in the tooltip for the cocoon buff). While your pet is cocooned, its normal speed is subtracted from its current speed, usually resulting in the pet going second on the next round. For example, if you use it on a Red Cricket, speed would be (current - normal) = 249 - 249 = 0. On a flying-type, the current speed is often higher than the normal speed due to the passive, so a cocooned moth can have a nonzero speed. Let's say your moth has 252 speed normally, and under the passive it becomes 378. When it's cocooned, the speed becomes 378 - 252 = 126 speed. Sure would be nice if they mentioned this drawback on the Cocoon Strike tooltip somewhere =/ I hope this helped in clearing up some of Blizzard's more opaque systems ^^Thirdfaction5 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 Looking for Darkmoon Rabbit and others. Hello all! Arua here! I'm looking for any breed of the Darkmoon Rabbit and have several TCG pets I'm willing to trade. However I don't know the running worth of it on the forums, and any help would be amazing! I'm also looking for any pets I don't have right now that are rare. Extra TCG pets are (Currently unactivated and obtained from cards): 1x Purple Puffer 1x Gusting Grimoire - Taken! Sorry all! 3x Gregarious Grell I also have a spare Ogre idol if you wanna turn into an ogre every ten minutes. Lasts forever, cd 10 mins/costume lasts 10 minutes. You cannot mount with it though. Uses Ogre/Moonkin animations. Plus I have the picnic grill from the Rest and Relaxation Card. If anyone could also help me out with their worth, I'd be highly grateful! :D Have a nice day! PS: My battletag is Kazeindel#1205Aruadragon2 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 Legendary chain missed opportunity An additional reward from completing the legendary chain in MoP should have been a legendary Wrathion pet. This whole expansion I hoped that would in fact be the only reward. The forum whining would have been...legendary. Trolling aside though, it would have been a good additional reward, and since the chain already tried to include more than one playstyle with the inclusion of the pvp part, this would have been a bone to another aspect of the game. If pvp balance is a concern, limit it to pve pet battles only or some such.Ersiusp1 Aug 21, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Who do you choose for the CT? So with patch 5.4 looming in the not-so-distant future, we will be seeing the Celestial Tournament coming our way. When preparing your teams, what pets do you absolutely have to have with you? I must have my Mini-Thor and my Electrofied Razortooth. Anyone else?Faith0 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 "Missing" is ruining pet battles IMO There needs to be a better explanation for why pets miss when there is no apparent reason for it. Abilities that say 100% should (at equal level) hit every time in the absence of a debuff. The random nature of 100% abilities missing to cause a loss is making pet battles lose some of their luster. This needs to be explained better.Faith79 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Are Pet Battles all luck? I am beginning to feel that Pet Battles, win or lose, are all luck. Even when I win with a 100% ability, I feel lucky that I chose it and it worked out. With every ability that isn't 100%, I am feeling that I sure hope I get lucky and it hits. Or, I sure hope the other guy gets unlucky and it misses. I have 1500 + PvP wins with level 25 pets and every game is feeling more and more that way now. I feel lucky that I chose a team that has a good chance against my opponent. I feel unlucky I chose a team that has no chance. I feel lucky the opponent's move didn't crit. I feel lucky mine did. etc etc Obviously, there are better choices that can be made that increase your odds, but the RNG aspect of Pet Battles feels overwhelming, win or lose. I find it depressing that so much of winning or losing is a roll of the dice. I should probably just stop playing.Rhonstifor9 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Selling my Pets to fund a 2 seat flyer Hello all. I am looking to eventually have enough cash to purchase a vial since $50 for recruit a friend is a bit more than I am willing to spend on a flying mount. Sadly, there are only 2 options, vial of sands and RAF. So I will try the vial route. Every pet I have is up for sale. I am not sure about the breeds of them, as I never really got into it... But i hope I have some good ones (have 11 lvl 25's) Add me Malm721#1997. Maybe there is someone on my server, or planning to come to this server that would be interested. (i have tried to post on server forums.. but they are a wasteland now) Thanks.Malmfu5 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Did they changeblue-quality pets? I'm slowly trying to get only blue quality wild battle pets. I used to get one blue quality pet out of ever 10 or so pet battles but especially the past couple of days, I can go literally for days without coming across a single blue quality pet. I leveled 4 pets (from 10 to 25) before coming across a blue quality ash lizard. Tonight I've been pet battling in deepholm and haven't come across a single blue quality pet (but did level my Darkmoon Rabbit from 7 to 25). Mostly just wondering if I'm just having a succession of bad nights or if they changed the spawn rate of blue quality wild battle pets. Thanks!Lachesis9 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Holding Unborn Valkyr Currently holding a poor quality Unborn Valkyr B/B Breed. Will hold it for about 10 mins if anyone wants it. EDIT: Add me on real ID. ArrowMan#1935Vermagnison3 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 LF a grind spot, with all one type of pet Now, I know that the area around the BMAH is all critters, but they're either being farmed on my server all the time or they aren't as abundant as they once were there. So I'm looking for any other spot in Pandaria (or maybe Northrend if they're 23+) where the primary pet and secondary pets are all the same family, at least most of the time anyways. Doesn't matter what family, so long as they would all be the same type so I can stack my team with counters and level some lowbies this week. Thanks in advance...Mishaela12 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Who goes first? What decides which pet goes first when they both have the same speed?Jut5 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Question about battle pet. Are there any battle pets out there that have this model or something similar? If not they should totally add it.Maynard1 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 MPPM: Pocket Reaver One of the coolest memories I have of first visiting Hellfire Peninsula was encountering the Fel Reaver. His size was certainly intimidating, but what really got me was his roar. To this day, that sound is still one of my favorites in game! Major Payne is back and his orders this week are for you to procure a Pocket Reaver. Some of you may have one already, so be sure to chime in and let us know what you think of this little bag of bolts.Crithto37 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Make A Tag Team Pet Battle! I would love to tag team with some guildies vs some other people! Imagine how fun that would be.Durzert3 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Surge and 'this always goes first' moves With Surge, Trihorn Charge and other moves that always go first, is it intentional that they also prevent multiple attacks from getting the extra hit for the turn? I noticed this when fighting a crab with my rabbit. Surge would always prevent Flurry from getting the extra hit.Beastiegrrl34 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 [Unborn Val'kyr] best team composition? I have traped one of those adorable and hugable angels, but i want to use my new daughter in pet battles. but i want some sugestions for partners in my team.Raviël17 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Top 5 best pets for PVP I know it's pointless to ask which pet team is the best since all pets have counters. So I thought a better question would be which 5 pets do you think are the best for PVP in GENERAL?Leahdizon9 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Expunge is > 85% Hit Rate? Anyone been running a miss chance add-on? I hit 9 times out of 10 for about 100 manual recorded attempts.Tukwilla3 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 LF Unborn Valk Looking for an unborn valk. Breed/ rarity doesn't matter. Let me know if any of you guys find one and we can work something out :) Btag: Squi#1510Zorro2 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Hit Miss Question I noticed that some pet abilities do not proc correctly. My Fungal Moth's Moth Dust almost never sleeps. While my Garden Moth seem to proc correctly. Stripped gears states 25%, but is closer to 5%. These were not tamers or players, just random pet battles. Do some pets have a lower chance to proc abilities?Avatarroku3 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Getting attacked while pet battling... So I was hunting an Unborn Val'kyr and I came a across a level 22! I captured it and was on my way to easily defeating the other two remaining pets when a hunter attacked me... This canceled the pet battle and the Val'kyr did not respawn... Needless to say this is ruining the fun for me fast. About to quit wow at this rate... Few things left in this game are enjoyable and after spending way too much time searching for that pet and having that happen... About to say good bye to my account. Why they made it this way I don't know. Before I thought you went into your own zone, then I thought people could watch you, but apparently they can ruin it for you too. Thanks Blizzard! Just what I wanted...Aurores6 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Dos-Ryga little help I can not beat this freaking fish for my beast of fable quest. I have tried so many team combos and just can't seem to get it done. Any tips tricks or idea would be very welcome. I only have 40 level 25 but its a pretty diverse group of pets. If I don't have what is needed let me know I'll tame it and level it up. Help me Obi Wan Kanobi you're my only hope.Daburgh11 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Would you support 6v6 Pet Battles? Just a thought. What if your team was composed of 6 pets, like in actual Pokemon? Would you go for this kind of change?Greywake8 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Ethreal Soul-Trader traded :)Vrána1 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Alternative to PetTracker for tamer abilities For a while I've been looking to find an addon that simply shows me the abilities that tamers are using, and then shows the CD of that ability once it is used. A little earlier I was searching through the forums for one and came across PetTracker. While it has exactly what I want in the aspect of it showing tamer/opponent abilities with just being the three buttons and showing the CD, the unnecessary (for me) tracking of pets on the map, the huge, ugly pet switching window that shows all 6 pets that are in the battle, and the added tab in my pet journal that doesn't match my UI really bother me and I don't think I will keep it since I can't figure out how to disable those portions that I don't really need. So with that, does anyone know if there is an addon that ONLY shows the abilities that tamers have/use along with their cooldowns once they use them :)? Or if anyone does use this addon could you point me to how am I supposed to disable the parts I don't like/see the options because I can't find them :(. I've tried googling as well but nothing really comes up that is what I want - I have also seen some people mention Pokemon Trainer and PetBattleMaster in another thread about tamer abilities but I looked at those and neither seemed to be what I was looking for.Vivella3 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Good aquatics? I have about 5000 aquatic battle stones for whatever reason, what pets should i get to upgrade?Suparmon17 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Arcane Storm Bugged? So Arcane Storm claims that pet's cannot be stunned or rooted. Just ran a Random Pvp battle against a team that had a Kun-Lai Runt. So I saved my Nexus Whelpling for last since I knew the Runts moveset. I was right, it came down to my Whelp and his Runt, right before my Anklerender went out I put up Black Claw on him. I switched in my Whelp, he hit me with Takedown and then I put up Arcane Storm, he used Frost Shock, I hit him with Mana Surge, he hits me with Deep's not supposed to stun me right? With Arcane Storm up, but it he hit me with Takedown and gg... Would have had him, I just needed one hit, he had black claw on him with Mana Surge going, trying to understand what happened here.Shootitup7 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 2xExplode vs Celestial fabled pets? I've noticed the 50% damage reduction on hits from fabled pandaria pets doesn't seem to apply to Explode at the moment, and with Sunlight up its hitting for alot. They've improved the buff for Celestial pets to include : capped DMG per attack is 35% of max pet health. But that's 35% of max, and with Sunlight up the max has increased by 50%, in theory circumventing this restriction. So I'm wondering if anyone has tested Sunlight + 2xExplode on these pets to see if it works? Cheers DNesson3 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Perky Pug Costumes Just found this (on PTR) a rare spawn vendor that sells the following items you can use to dress up your perky pug; Vendor: Whizzig - Big Pink Ribbon - Dapper Gentle Costume - Dread Pirate CostumePrimuslazen4 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 My way to do Beasts of Fable Dailies I am by no means a pro, but I do my dailies everyday and thought I would share my strategies for defeating each of the Pandaria fabled pets. I also included the order I go about it everyday. Most of these pets are pretty common. Nitun Bucktooth Flapper (Screech, Woodchipper until dead) Alpine Fox (Howl, Bite) Any Ka'wi Bucktooth Flapper (Screech, Woodchipper) swap to Alpine Fox (Howl) swap to Curious Wolvar Pup (Maul) ::Hearth:: Dos Ryga Pandaren Water Spirit (Geyser, Whirlpool) Alpine Fox (Howl, Flurry) Any Kafi - any three mechs can work Wild Golden Hatchling (Lightning Storm, Tail Sweep until dead) Clockwork Gnome (turret, metal fist until dead) Menagerie Custodian (Ion Cannon) Tiun Crow (Alpha Strike, Darkness, Nocturnal Strike) swap to Brilliant Kaliri (Nocturnal Strike) swap to Gilnean Raven (Darkness, Nocturnal Strike) [Admittedly, I lose this fight about 20% of the time, same with Val'kyr, Water Spirit, Fox bomb.] No-No Crimson Moth (Moth Dust, Cocoon to avoid Dive if necessary, Pass during Dam) Effervescent Glowfly (Glowing Toxin, Cocoon Strike) Any other, usually doesn't need to come out unless Moth Dust misses Lucky Yi Bucktooth Flapper (Woodchipper) swap to Lil Bad Wolf/Alpine Fox (Howl) swap to Curious Wolvar Pup (Maul) Greyhoof - any three mechs work Skitterer X'ia Crow (Darkness, Nocturnal Strike, Alpha til dead) Brilliant Kaliri (Nocturnal Strike, Quills until dead) Gilnean Raven (Darkness, Nocturnal Strike) Gorespine Unborn Val'kyr (Ascention, Doom) Pandarian Water Spirit (Geyser, Whirlpool) Alpine Fox (Howl) ::Hearth:: ::Turn in:: Any suggestions on improving are always welcome. I hope this was useful to someone!Romerth1 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 New Anti-Triple Direhorn Tactic After coming up against 3 different triple Direhorn teams in the last 5 battles I've decided that it's best to just afk and watch some youtube/forum surf while they work hard for their win. Hope this helps the rest of you who like running anything other than a full mechanical team to deal with this annoyance.Skullknight29 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Post About An Underrated Pet and Why Stone Armadillo (H/H): - Diverse skill-set Strong ability against his own type Strong ability against undead Strong ability against humanoid Has a speed-boosting ability that will always remain active (countering his slow speed) Has shielding and damage reduction utility - Favorite use is against Kun-Lai Runt because he can eat the Frost-Shock Stun and then attack with Infected Claw (strong against Humanoid)Tukwilla11 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Selling Ji-Kun Hatchling Selling Ji-Kun Hatchling on Skullcrusher. Send offers ingame or on this threadIieatcheetos0 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Valk'yr to good home valk is gone but ill be hunting on and off all day. btag bayushiyoji#1911Pyroamorous0 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 AFK Pet Battles Hey blizz, your pet battles are broken. Mind stopping people from AFK'ing during the entire match?Infester2 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Sandstorm on the PTR Anyone notices on the PTR that elementals don't benefit at all from sandstorm still? Was fighting Wise Mari tried using sandstorm on a P/P guardling to reduce damage that his fish does during dreadful breath guardling was taking 44 damage from dreadful breath and jademist dancer was taking 114 damage.Respira4 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Murkimus Anyone on and interested in 50 arena pass matches? I'll be here...waiting.Crimsonmage40 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Is there a way to implement RATED pet battle? Is there a way to create a relatively fair, fun environment for rated pvp pet battle? Here is my suggestion. A collection of 10 pets may be submitted while queuing for rated pet battle. Each battle will bring 3 random pets from the pool of 10 pets to join the fight. First of all, there is skills and thoughts involved in picking the best 10 pets to queue with. Next, the ability to quickly adapt to new team composition requires skills as well(ie. knowing which pet is good/bad against which pet). The downside is luck is still very much involved, there could be times when the random team for you is just hard countered by the enemy's team. But the choice of the initial 10 pets to queue with will certainly impact how many times this situation happens. Also, the reward from rated pvp battle should be pets/mounts/tabards/titles, and maybe some items that you can use during a pet battle. But the number of items you can use is limited and you can only use them once for each fight. Some examples might be a flag that temporarily increase your active pet's dmg, a trinket that get your active pet out of cc, a trinket that finishes the cd of one skill of your active pet, a stone that revives a dead pet to 30% of his health....etcLeahdizon6 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Mobs can now interrupt Pet-Battles? i was just at the end of a pet battle (one or two foes dead, the other one almost dead)... when all of a sudden i'm yanked out of the pet battle to fight a spider (level 20 spider, my character was level 85)... of course beat the spider in one hit... re-engaged battle, and this time lost... so i was really mad...Pandao17 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 They change pet battles? Havent played in a while and im fighting against the elite bosses in pandaria and im totally getting my butt kicked. Im using the teams Ive used many times before to beat them and now im hardly having any luck what so ever.Passiko3 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Completed Trade completed..Thank you so much Abutabah!Mystical3 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Undead pets So defeating someone else with your undead pet the last pet, then your pet dying after the other team counts as a loss against you. Just doesn't seem right. It would seem that if all pets are dead at the end of a battle there would be a tie or something.Aehla11 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Renaming an uncagable pet I have a Panda from the original collectors edition that I have already named. I have decided that I don't want to name him. Is there a way to remove the name without choosing another? I cannot cage him, so clearing the name that way won't work. ThanksFaith2 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Unborn Val'kyr holding a white B/B @ 47,7 Borean Tundra if you want it its first come whisper me in game KodíKodí1 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Still can't buy Flawless for Justice? Wondering why Blizz won't just make the last jump and let us spend JP on Flawless pet stones... I mean don't get me wrong I'm glad they gave us a way to convert our extra family stones into flawless, but I still think it would be a great way to keep people running heroics for JP. Right now I'm not even in them, I do scenarios because they're better Valor, but if JP could be spent on Pet Stones I'd have no problem carrying people through 5 mans. Pls note, I say carry not because I think I'm good... just saying a lot of people who totally overgear heroics may be inclined to get back in there and blow them up for Pet stuff.Mishaela3 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 I need help making a team I have 26 level 25 pets and need a good team that is good at switching n' stuff :P I usually just stick my favorite pets into the team and queue, but lately that hasn't been working >.< I'd prefer to keep one of the three I like to use the most: Lil' Bad Wolf Lil' Deathwing Viscidus GlobuleI don't mind leveling or buying any of the pets that would go great with one of these.Draendro2 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Best pet ever?! I think i discovered best (most op) pet ever. Scourged Whelping. He can take out 3/4 of the other teams health before dying.Suparmon5 Aug 18, 2013