Pet Battles

Aug 26, 2014 Blighthawk breeds I'm wondering which breed do people tend to prefer and why?Ghorro11 Aug 26, 2014
Aug 26, 2014 Dread Hatch, raven crow bot? Always start with dread hatch. Varies moves, but they never make sense. Nocturnal strike usually without darkness. I have seen him quit a couple of times but the play is so wrong I wonder if it is a bot with a randomness to the moves programmed. Never any delay in making a move. Maybe a bot sometimes and sometimes the guy plays it? I have never seen such awful play and i see this guy all the time so he has plenty of games under his belt. /baffleRhonstifor6 Aug 26, 2014
Aug 26, 2014 best pets to lvl hey ive decided to start pet battling again and im trying to decide how best to lvl. im doing this mostly to get xu-fu and the pet battle acheivments. right now im using a team of, clockwork gnome, a ravager hatchling (P/S) and a flayer youngling (S/S). i was using an onyxian whelping but i found it a bit weak so i replaced it with the flayer. ive heard that the best way to lvl is to do it in multiple teams with 6-9 pets that you swtich out to preserve the healing cd. is that the case? what other pets should i lvl? what are most fun pets to use?Gabric8 Aug 26, 2014
Aug 26, 2014 Why should pets lose levels when you upgrade? I just don't understand the logic. All this does is make me not want to touch any non-rare pets I have until I find a stone for them. Seems counter-productive.Ravene4 Aug 26, 2014
Aug 26, 2014 Needs a nerf already FFS!!!! Nerf the SS mouse! My mouse team went 14 wins and 1 loss last night. Survival is definitely OP when you are faster. I won several games with 1 hp on my Mouse and everything else dead. MOUSE > ALL!Rhonstifor15 Aug 26, 2014
Aug 26, 2014 WTS/WTT stuff I need a pandaren water spirit, have multiple of the others and one of them level 25 and i have a not bound flawless stone. and im intrested in other pets too. i also have an etheral soul trader level 25.Rogerabbit3 Aug 26, 2014
Aug 25, 2014 WTT for Sprite Darter Hatchling I really don't feel like grinding for this, and Stormreaver was recently downgraded to a new server realm meaning that there is diddly squat on the AH. Anyone have this and want to trade for something I have?Dahioniel0 Aug 25, 2014
Aug 25, 2014 Some help making a team? So I'm almost done with my pve achievements in pet battles, and I want to get started on PvP. However, I'm really bad at it. I was always bad at pokemon pvp back in the day. Iv'e read up some guides on how to make some teams and after trying repeatedly and losing every single time I figure I must be doing something wrong with my team.'thol/Pfinferno There's a list to all the pets I have, if needed I can level whichever ones to 25 pretty quick. I would just want a team that wins around 50% of the time. I noticed I go up against a lot of unborn valk'yrs and mechanical pets on the same team. Thanks in advance!Pfinferno4 Aug 25, 2014
Aug 25, 2014 Hunting Wabbits Shhhh be vawee vawee quiet.... But I really find it had to kill a SS bunny in the pet battles, burrow, dodge, really not a lot of options to take a shot at the little critter. Where is Elmer Fudd when ya need him? but come to think of it, he never did well against the rabbit either...Moonkiss4 Aug 25, 2014
Aug 25, 2014 Opponent's character I dont understand why you cannot see what your oponent's character looks like, why are the characters generic? I dont get the reason behind this, can someone explain?Sãcajawea10 Aug 25, 2014
Aug 25, 2014 Dos-Ryga lvl 25 Legendary Beasts of Fable This pet boss, can heal 70% of his health every 4 rounds. This thing is too damn strong, and i through 6 flying pets at him with different strategies and about 25 minutes and no win. I've beaten him many times before, but it feels like he got buffed WAY WAY WAY too much. The only way i was able to beat this fat flucking fish is to use apocalypse, which BARELY worked... 13 hp on the roach when the apocalypse hit.Psychlö9 Aug 25, 2014
Aug 25, 2014 Goz Banefury help So I finally beat Beegle Blastfuse, thanks for all the helpful advices I got from forum ;D! Now I need some more helps with Goz Banefury >.< His Helios (spider) kept on killing my pets, can't seem to beat him with his OP life leech ability. I used lvl25 Arctic Foxling (rare), lvl25 Celestial Dragon and lvl19 Fel Flame (rare), but my celestial dragon could not keep up with his hard hitting spider. I am considering levelling a mechanical pet to lvl25 but I am not sure which one I should choose. Any advice on mechanical pet/team of pets to beat Goz Banefury are very appreciated <3 Thanks again~Berrybell11 Aug 25, 2014
Aug 25, 2014 Taming the World Achievement Broken It needs to be fixed...stuck at 43/45. Feel free to comment if yours broken too, or if you know whats missing.Yelinak124 Aug 25, 2014
Aug 25, 2014 character leveling and pet leveling I would like to know if its still possible to boost character exp by levelin pets see this guide Aug 25, 2014
Aug 25, 2014 [A] Sumprush Rodent Yard Sale! - OVER I will be dropping a Rodent Crate TODAY, Friday, August 22 at 8pm EST (7pm MG Server). By all means poke my Btag for an invite, I'll be accepting them 1 hour prior! BTAG: Stallerenox#1824 EDIT: Event is now Over.Stax8 Aug 25, 2014
Aug 25, 2014 Saving a pet spawn for a friend still works? Greetings! I have not played for a while and I am wondering if I can still save a pet spawn for a friend? What I used to do is to engage into a battle with a pet spawn and invite a friend or who needs that pet into party so they can come and collect the pet. However, I just tried to engage an unborn valk and hold it until a friend gets here. But when I surrendered the battle, the unborn valk never appeared again T_T! Did I do something wrong? It took my friend about 15 minutes to get to me. I tend to fly around Northrend a lot to search for unborn valks for my friends who still need them. If someone could tell me if this saving spawn method still works, that'd be great. Thank you kindly!Berrybell10 Aug 25, 2014
Aug 25, 2014 Issues with Beasts Of Fable Completion Hello fellow pet fanatics, I've been having sporadic problems with the Beasts of Fable quests completing. Occasionally, if I get disconnected or log out while I have the quests (usually Books II & III), when I log back in the game has abandoned the quest and wiped my progress. Unfortunately, this seems to happen most frequently after I've beaten all the elite pets for the quest, but that's probably just bad luck on my part. Today this happened to me for the 4th time. I am 100% positive that I had accepted the quests - I even took a screenshot of something unrelated and went back to check and sure enough, I had the quests. However, I got DC'ed, and when I went to turn them in after logging back in (Books II & III, I'd turned in Book I earlier) the game had abandoned Books II & III and wiped my progress completely even though I had beaten all the pets and confirmed I had the quests. The game acts like I never accepted the quests to begin with and has them available for me to re-accept. This is happening mid-day, and is not related to the daily reset. I've submitted tickets on this before and was told by one GM it was just a tracking issue, but this is quite the pain. The elite pets are spread out and take several minutes each, so having to re-do the quests is really annoying. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?Hanaliel1 Aug 25, 2014
Aug 25, 2014 voodoo fig replaces senjin so sad I have replaced my senjin fetish with the same move set but faster voodoo figurine. I will miss the senjin's power, but today after losing the dice roll 3 straight times to a same speed consume corpse stiched pup ( cleanse valk first, no consume corpse benefit ) I am going with the voodoo figurine. It actually bums me out a bit. Voodoo is faster than any of the consume corpse blight hawks also. Sorry Senjin!Rhonstifor11 Aug 25, 2014
Aug 24, 2014 Can't add pets to my account??? So i bought 3 level 25 pets off the auction house and when i try to right click them to add them to my pet journal, i get the error message of can't add companions to your account. please help.Molots9 Aug 24, 2014
Aug 24, 2014 Please Add Emotes to Pet Battles. You have no idea how many times I've wanted to /sigh when I see Unborn Valkyre #432,652,543, or Death Adder Hatchling #245,512,623. So, please allow me to do so. You can easily just make our names simply appear as "Pet Battler" or something since it seems like you're making sure identities can't be found out. This would mostly just provide relief to pet battles for frustration, such as when a 95% ability misses, or your opponents 5-round cooldown attack gets a critical strike. Throw us a bone here.Ilt4 Aug 24, 2014
Aug 24, 2014 The absolute Val'kyr/Adder killer team? it exactly? I need something to pop out on those frustrating nights when nothing but Val'kyr/Adder teams are running rampant. I know that Emperor Crab is one, but what are the other two pets?Tadkins17 Aug 24, 2014
Aug 24, 2014 Sometimes I just want to reach through..... monitor and shake the other player's hand. Especially when they effectively use a creative and uncommon team. First I say "F you." then I say, "But I want to shake your hand. Good game!"Halldór4 Aug 24, 2014
Aug 24, 2014 WTT/WTS Tuskarr Kite pet! Hey all, long story short I have an extra one of these that I redeemed the other day, but am really eyeing that reforge mount! I would be willing to sell or trade the pet, although I would vastly prefer gold. I'm on US-Zul'jin Horde, battletag is Tatsh#1243 Happy hunting!Tatsh1 Aug 24, 2014
Aug 24, 2014 Minfernal Top 3 Breeds I know the pet isn't great, but I just wanted to see about the best three to have. It seems obvious h/h and p/p, but for the third, which would you choose? Would it be another, perhaps h/h, for the explode? The h/p for the mix, or the p/s for the speed? To me it seems like the h/p would be number three on the list. But anyway, after searching these forums and the internet it seems to be a toss up between the p/s and h/p breeds, and I am hoping for some clarification / opinions. - seems to suggest h/p, but hoping for something to prove the why. Would like to get the seemingly best three and never return to Felwood. Thank youOgenus3 Aug 24, 2014
Aug 24, 2014 Bug with a battle trainer I have defeated Lydia Acoste twice now and winning and getting the sack of prizes but I am still not getting credit for it. I cannot go on to any other achievements because of this issue. I opened an in game ticket and went back and defeated her again but still can't advance.Patcavy3 Aug 24, 2014
Aug 24, 2014 Selling/trading two flawless battle stones They are on the server Jubei'thos Horde taking offers at this point will trade for pets or gold. Taking offers for pets I don't have there's a pretty big list to choose from :) My Btag is Greebly#1175 If you want to talk about it or post here. ThanksGreeblock0 Aug 24, 2014
Aug 24, 2014 Minfernal - Does it exist And is there an actual guide on how to obtain one. Aside from those that are along the lines of "AFK in air for several weeks and I spotted one" Seriously, I've passed one week already. What I tried so far: 1) Cross realm hopping 2) Killing battle pets in the shatter scar vale 3) Server restart (both before and after) 4) Flight path (I knew it was fixed but I wanted to see what a minfernal looked like. Apparently, there are at least seven up on my server (not the crz). 5) Killing battle pets outside of shatter scar vale, and critters in shatter scar vale. 6) Just ROF/kill everything. My gripe is I haven't seen compelling support that a set method works (i.e. how to capture a scourged whelpling, or the baby ape, etc) has been well established). Can someone explain infernal spawns, and how to increase your chances of spawning them?Drdinkle15 Aug 24, 2014
Aug 24, 2014 WTB: P/P Spineclaw Crab I can trade an H/H Spineclaw and other pets or gold if you'd prefer. Please let me know if you are interested. #Sawtip1579Unchiru1 Aug 24, 2014
Aug 24, 2014 Naxxramas Pets Question To get the pets in Naxxramas, do you have to do the 10 man or 25 man version? Or doesn't it matter?Synzar2 Aug 24, 2014
Aug 24, 2014 Okay... Okay, just a reminder, there are more pets to choose from than Unborn Val'kyr, Murkalot, and Dread Hatchling. I'm trying to gather data, and if I keep encountering Heidi, Murki, and Kea (literally 18 times this week), it skews my data. <glares at Stardrake> It's a power team, I get it, with all the "OP" abilities (RI, Haunt, Consume Corpse), but....don't force me to come down there with my counter teams....and get off my lawn!Calerian5 Aug 24, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 Selling many rare pets! Title says it all, Looking for gold on Frostwolf - Alliance. All pets are of Rare quality. The pets I'm looking to sell are as follows: Name / Level / Breed [If important] Darkmoon Tonk (10) Sunreaver Micro-Sentry (11) Pocket Reaver (20, 25) Pterrodax Hatchling (8) Clockwork Gnome (7) Voodoo Figurine (4) Blackfuse Bombling (1) Azure Crane Chick (1) Aqua Strider (1) Fossilized Hatchlng (1) Gahz'rooki (1) Tranquil Mechanical Yeti (1) Anubisath Idol (25) Darkmoon Eye (25) Gilnean Raven (25) [BB] Hyacinth Macaw (25) Son of Animus (25) Spineclaw Crab (25) [PP] Any questions/comments/concerns please add me or send an in game mail Battle-Tag: Eternalfury#1373Darkivy5 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 Can you do the pet story line on every toon? I started the pet story line on my main, I killed the pet master in the cemetery in Darkshire, I then got bored of pet battles and sold all my pets. Well, a friend gave me 40 bucks in battlenet cards for my birthday so I used them to get three cool new pets! I am now switching to a warlock as my main, but I was wondering if I can do the pet story line from the beginning? When I try to talk to the woman in stormwind after leveling a pet to level three, I believe she is supposed to give me a quest to fight the girl that has the snakes? But she is not. Help?Aistari1 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 How do I get Mojo? I'am trying to get this pet. I have the hex sticks but I can't find the frogs anywhere. Am I missing something? Did they remove this way of getting him? I can't find anything online about it.Ellasun5 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 Preparing For "No Time To Heal" I think I'm ready to knock out this achievement. "Win 5 consecutive PVP battles without letting a pet die." I'm afraid I'll have to use a stall/sunlight/heals team. I don't like the idea of having to use this team, buit I see no other way, and I wont use it again afterwards, most likely. So my question to you is: what pets make up the best stall/heals team? What are the mechanics/moves that make it work?Elunatic12 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 Undead racial lasting 3 turns? Just finished a super close battle against a team with a val'kyr, and I planned it out to the finish line with minefield killing the valkyr as it swapped in as the last pet. It resurrects as per normal *as it comes in* it then kills MY valk the next turn, which then ressurects. THEN IT DOESN'T DIE. It's racial doesn't wear off until the *next* turn, where it turns into a tie. My valk actually drops first for some reason. What gives? Is this a known thing? I feel a little bit cheated out of a victory right there, especially since I'mg going for this week's 10 wins still.Satanya3 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 WTT Ethereal Soul trader for Dragon Kite I'm on Smolderthorn.Fjoqirngosdf0 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 Demolish So just how broken is it? I hear that it's hitting way more than it should. Yet I don't see a ton of Demolish teams out there. Cards on the table, I'm wondering if it's worth making a team around it, for the push to 5k wins.Darmand49 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 LF P/P Droplet of Y'shaarj I have an H/H Ruby Droplet to trade for one (on tich they're similarly priced, but I can never get pets to sell. I'll throw in a Flawless Battle Stone to sweeten the deal, hit me up! Battou#1353 PS: I'm also interested in Son of Animus, if you have one we can talk about setting up a mutually beneficial tradeSatanya3 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 Ji-Kun Hatchling, Son of Animus These are the only two SoO battle pets left that actually interest me and i wanted to know if anyone feels they're worth it? What i mean is they aren't cheap and I feel like they're not going to stand up to the "usefulness" of say an Anubisath Idol and he was fairly easy to farm/get. I'm having a hard time accepting the steep 6-9k range for these two especially since i feel like they're not going to used as much as say an Idol or crawdad etc. What are your thoughts or opinions?Ghorro13 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 WTS/WTT lots of rare pets. As the title states ^ , I am looking to sell, or trade some rare pets. ethereal soul trade - level 25 breed Rocket Chicken - level 1 Spectral Tiger Cub - level 25 Bananas - level 1 Tuskar kite - level 1 Dragon kite - level 1 Darkmoon eye - level 1 emerald whelpling - level 10 blackfuse bombling - level 1 I am looking for gold, or trading card mounts, or any other rare mount. Any realm/Faction. Pst my btag if you have an offer for any of the pets listed above, if you so happen to want all of them I will cut you a huge deal. ilovfatcakes#1926Áracéli0 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 Level that Pet! IV Since I'm the bad who got the last post on the last topic, I will take responsibility for starting the new one! To quote the first post of round III: ... My last assignment was to Daenerys to get her Hippogryph Hatchling up.Larkspur499 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 Hitting the same team time after time It seems like I keep hitting the same team. It is really weird, like there are only two or three of us playing pet battles at about 8PM PST? I get the team, win or not. Then I build another team quickly, re-queue for a fight and way too often get the same team. This often works to my advantage if I get the right team. I don't always get the same team, but say over 5 battles it seems like I often get 3 of the same teams. And sometimes I will wait 10 or so minutes before a queue just hoping for a new opponent to no avail. Of course there is always the satisfaction of getting a team that hammers you, build another team, go back, get your butt kicked, build another team and the voila! Victory :) Also, either I really suck or there are not a lot of noobs in the pet battles, every fight seems tough. But now and then you get a serving of fresh meat. You can usually tel by play styles who is hard core LOL. It just seems that there should be more people queuing for pet pvp than I am seeing. But I am relatively new to battle pets, has it always been this way?Pritypally1 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 Pay to win and pet battles One thing Blizzard has been adamant about is that the in-game store will never offer "pay to win" options, like competitive weapons, armour, etc. However. This clearly does not hold true for pet battles. Not that you can't do well without purchased pets, but clearly quite a few of the bought pets are very strong (whether bought directly from the store, or indirectly through deluxe editions, Blizzcon tickets, etc.), and often superior to similar pets that are available in-game. Is Blizzard breaking their own "no pay to win" policy when it comes to pet battles?Carmageddon21 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 22, 2014 Hunter Pet Names My friend spent the better part of 15 minutes....15 minutes guys .....trying to name her pet .. she didnt use names of people , or invalid characters , yet it kept saying invalid and at other points invalid characters..come on and give me a break its absolutely ridiculous needs to make a page stating the rules regarding hunter pet names ....otherwise your pretty much just frustrating us and upsetting us and thats not fair to us when we pay 15 or more dollars to play the gameNïghtshädë6 Aug 22, 2014
Aug 22, 2014 Why are PVP Pet Battles so wierd? What i mean to say is why the random anonymity? Why CAN'T we so who we are facing? Are the character models you see even you opponent half the time?(Ive seen some "is that really a player?" character models before) And why cant you talk provided your the same faction i mean? I feel like it would encourage more player interaction and could even provide just as much beneficial information as the forums do in a way? Granted there's always trolls and emotional players but that's what /ignore is for right? Am i the only one who feels this way?Ghorro17 Aug 22, 2014
Aug 22, 2014 Whats easier? Grinding stones or trying to catch rare qualitys? Im trying to get a army together for tourney for the catchable pets which is easier.Perknaros10 Aug 22, 2014
Aug 22, 2014 Help me pick my first team! Been a little bored this late in expansion so I've decided to try getting the battle pet achievements and just capture some pets along the way to kill time. Right now the rare pets I'm deciding between are Chrominius, Dread Hatchling, Fossilized Raptor, Anubsiath Idol, Bonkers, Corefire Imp, Menagerie Custodian, Phoenix Hatchling, and Lil' Bad Wolf. Sorry this is a lot to choose from hah, I've read the guides and I've looked over but I'm not sure what team would have the best synergy the best for leveling and taking on the tamers.Fauxfur6 Aug 22, 2014
Aug 22, 2014 New to pet battles, help a brother out. Salutations dear friends. I have not really had interest in participating in pet battles until recently. Can any of you pokemon masters assist me in assembling a balanced team? I do not really want to begin leveling a pet just to realize he (or she) is the WoW equivalent of Rattata. Thanks again you ol' salt dogs.Muckybutt5 Aug 22, 2014
Aug 22, 2014 Guys, I have a confession to make... Girls too. Anyways, when they announced Mists of Pandaria, with pet battles (and farms) I thought, 'really really stupid.' and 'Lol Pokemon.' Then I started my farm and I was like. 'This is cool!' Then I started pet battling, and I was like 'This is dumb.' Then I got bored and decided to level some pets to 25. I got three pets to 25 and was like 'time to try the PvP pet battles!' I got roflstomped as I think most do who first start PvPing pet battles. So then, I decided to go after the tamers. Looked at some levelling guides and got the pets I needed. I was like 'Hey this is kind of cool!'. Then moved onto the Celestials. Then I started looking at Breanni's page, and saw realm ranks. I saw my name at about the third page. I was like, 'whatever, nerds.' Then I saw the longest day and tamer achieves and figured 'ah what the heck.' Then I noticed my name moving up and up on that realm rank. Then the competitive nature sunk in, and I had to get them all! Then recently I went back to PvP pet battles and I'm all like, 'Oh this is actually rather fun and addicting!' Now I find myself pet battling even after I've done my weekly ten battles. Just for the fun of it. I don't really have the 250 win goal in mind but it will come sooner or later no doubt, and certainly don't have the 5k achievement in mind. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is 'Lol Pokemon.' Oh and the pet battle community in these forums is the best around. <3 Halldork.Halldór7 Aug 22, 2014
Aug 22, 2014 reasonable price for Spectral Tiger Cub I have taken a few months off overseas. I just renewed my sub yesterday and ever since pet battle was introduced I have spent the last year saving gold to buy a one of those high value pets. I hear the price for Tiger pets are supposed to be in the 100s of K gold. I found one on the AH level 6 for a mare 52,000 gold. How is it even possible? I never thought they were supposed to be that cheap? Can someone update me on how is it possible that it got so cheap? are holders of those pets panic selling?Urbersproak17 Aug 22, 2014