General Discussion

3d New Adventures (Just Down the Hall) New Adventures (Just Down the Hall)—A Message From Tom Chilton Greetings fellow WoW players, It’s been a little over a month since we launched Legion, and it’s been awesome to see players enjoying so many different aspects of the expansion—leveling up their characters and Artifacts, diving into World Quests, taking on the Emerald Nightmare. Legion PvP Season 1 is going strong, and some of the best Arena teams from around the world are competing for a chance to battle on the big stage at BlizzCon. Soon we’ll be releasing our first new content update for the expansion—Patch 7.1: Return to Karazhan—which opens up the Mythic 5-player Karazhan dungeon, continues the story of Suramar, introduces a new raid, and adds even more World Quests and other content. But that’s just the start of it, as we have what we believe to be an extremely exciting patch plan for the rest of the expansion. For me, Legion has been more than just another expansion, though—it’s the culmination of more than a decade of work with one of the best development teams I’ve ever had the pleasure to be a part of. And it’s with a mix of excitement, sadness, and gratitude that I’m saying farewell to the WoW team and moving on to a new adventure within Blizzard. In 2004, before I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to serve as game director, I started on the World of Warcraft team as a senior game designer. As you can imagine, World of Warcraft was quite a bit different in 2004. Early that year, there were just 60 of us on the team. Around that time in the Friends and Family Alpha, questing was only available up to level 25—for the Alliance only—and the Horde wasn’t playable at all. Some players were even using dial-up modem connections to access the test. Many on the team still debated on whether the Horde and Alliance should be separated into factions. (We know how that one turned out.) Several other core features of the game didn’t even exist, including raids and PvP. We’ve come a long way since then, with six expansions under our belts to go along with countless raids, dungeons, Battlegrounds, features, and more. My personal journey working on WoW as Game Director is at an end, but my journey with Blizzard isn’t. I’ll still be here, but will be focusing on another project within the company. However, it’s with great pleasure that I announce Ion Hazzikostas will be taking my place as Game Director for World of Warcraft. I know that WoW will be in great hands with Ion at the helm. He’s been an integral part of the team for more than eight years and has contributed to so many aspects of the game’s development—from class design to encounter design and nearly everything in between. He also has an amazing team at his side—the same epic crew that brought you all the content you’re enjoying in Legion. As a member of the WoW team, I can assure you that the future for World of Warcraft continues to be bright—and as a player, I’m excited to discover what’s in store next alongside all of you. World of Warcraft is the product of the passion of both the team and all of its players, so I’d also like to thank each of you for the wonderful journey that working on the WoW development team has been. Thank you, and may you have many more epic adventures!Kalgan208 3d
Sep 1 World of Warcraft: Legion now live! Heroes of the Horde and the Alliance, Azeroth needs your aid. The Burning Legion has returned—and World of Warcraft: Legion is NOW LIVE! The time has come to embark on your quest to the Broken Isles, to seek out and master Artifact weapons of legendary might, and to rally like-minded champions to your cause in your Order Hall. In this desperate hour, you must also strike a forbidden pact with the outcast Demon Hunters of the Illidari, fel-twisted disciples of the dreaded Illidan the Betrayer. Should you fail... worlds will burn. Purchase World of Warcraft: Legion now, and prepare yourself: kingdoms will burn. ------ Help and Support: You can find a list of common questions and answers related to Legion, Legion quests, and more located on the World of Warcraft Customer Support forums. If you do not see the issue you're encountering listed, feel free to browse the Customer Support forum to see if other players are having the same problem. Game Masters Legion Support Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Start here for assistance: Get Help ------ Trailers and Media: World of Warcraft: Legion — The Fate of Azeroth Trailer Legion Artifact Systems Preview Legion Pre-Expansion Patch Survival Guide Harbingers - Khadgar Harbingers - Gul'Dan Harbingers - Illidan Legion Cinematic Trailer ------ New Content & Features: New Class: Demon Hunter - Demon hunters, disciples of Illidan Stormrage, uphold a dark legacy, one that frightens their allies and enemies alike. Artifact Weapons - The Burning Legion is invading Azeroth with its full force, and the world’s heroes must discover new pinnacles of power to halt this unrelenting threat. World Quests - In World of Warcraft: Legion, questing at level 110 comes in new variations called World Quests Class Halls - Every class needs a place to call home—a special retreat where support can be found, and a war room in which plans can be made. Legion PvP and Dungeon & Raid Schedules - Here’s a list of dates to look forward to as Azeroth fights off a demonic invasion. Battle to Level 110 - Travel to the Broken Isles in search of the Pillars of Creation, powerful relics used to shape Azeroth and explore all-new zones as you grow in power. Ornyx0 Sep 1
Oct 3 Welcome - Please Read! Welcome to the General Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#2 Request Sticky Tips & Information: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2353268142 Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521 Getting the Most Out of the Forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016792409 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Ornyx3 Oct 3
6h Legion Season 1 Ending Clarifications With today’s announcement of the end of Legion’s first PvP season on December 13, we’d like to clarify a few extra details. The Elite PvP gear appearance will be the same in Legion Season 2 as it is in Season 1. If you are unable to complete your set in Season 1, you’ll still be able to collect your missing appearances during Season 2. Additionally, after Legion Season 2 concludes, we’ll be adding the ability to purchase the complete Elite appearance set from a vendor. This will only be made available to players who have earned access to the Elite set by reaching a PvP rating of 2000 or higher in any Rated Battleground or Arena bracket during Legion Season 1 or 2. Finally, we’d like to clarify that the end of Legion Season 1 and beginning of Legion Season 2 are not tied in any way to the release of Patch 7.1.5. One of our major goals for Rated PvP in Legion is to have PvP seasons change over more regularly, which means we can now transition between seasons without requiring a patch. This transition will occur prior to the release of Patch 7.1.5.Ornyx83 6h
1h Classic Server Update Hey everyone, We’ve seen some talk among the community that you might be expecting to hear some news on legacy servers at BlizzCon, and we just wanted to take a moment to let you know that while we’re still discussing the possibility, we won’t have any updates to share on that until after the show. These past few months we’ve been laser-focused on the launch of Legion and getting Patch 7.1: Return to Karazhan ready to go (it’s almost here!), as well as prepping for BlizzCon—which is always a huge undertaking itself. You’ve heard us say that the launch of Legion was just the beginning of the story we want to tell in this expansion. What we will focus on at BlizzCon is how the team is committed to making sure we bring you a steady stream of content going forward, and we can’t wait to share what’s next for Legion. Thanks for your patience, and we’ll see you at BlizzCon. -J. Allen Brack and the World of Warcraft development teamOrnyx3120 1h
1h Hidden Artifact Appearances Update We’d like to take a moment to dispel some rumors and give some insight into certain “hidden” Artifact Appearances, as well as some general notes on how this system (and similar systems) has worked out so far in Legion. For starters, we’ve seen some rumblings around the community that the appearance for Arms Warriors was “hotfixed in.” This is not the case. The quest for that particular appearance has a daily chance to be offered in the Warrior Order Hall, and when it's active, it will be active throughout an entire region for that day. Our initial setting for that chance ended up being too conservative (and was increased in Patch 7.1), but the chance has been there every day since the expansion launched. Many of you have also been asking about the hidden appearance for Frost Death Knights. We’ve been trying to avoid giving out too much in the way of spoilers for these, but as it’s now the last one to be discovered, we figured we might as well give you guys a hint. This appearance is tied to a particular world boss, which hasn’t spawned yet. Once that boss is available, we expect the appearance to be found pretty quickly. We’ve learned a lot of important lessons about hidden content and these sorts of varied and discoverable unlocks over the course of Legion development. Some of our efforts were clearly far more successful than others. We’re going to take these lessons to heart and apply them going forward. Additionally, we’re working on a few tweaks to how the hidden artifact appearances are acquired, which will be released in a future patch, with the goal of reducing the frustration that can come from trying to chase down some of the more elusive ones.Ornyx430 1h
58s Live Developer Q&A - Submit Your Questions Join us live on Twitch Wednesday, December 7, at 10:00 a.m. PST, as we sit down with Ion Hazzikostas for our next live developer Q&A. You can tune in live at: Twitch.tv/Warcraft. Feel free to submit any questions you may have by posting in this forum thread or tweeting using the hashtag #LegionQA. As a reminder, we would like to keep the questions short so we can get to as many of them as possible, so please keep your questions to 40 words or less. Thanks, and we hope to see you Wednesday, December 7, at 10:00 a.m. PST!Ornyx951 58s
13s Lords of the Flies Topic: The TOXIC Community and their ability to systematically destroy anyone they deem UNFIT. Content: A lot of stuff no one will heed nor read. Conclusion: Also more stuff no one will heed nor read. TL;DR: ____________________________________________ Estimated time on first page of forums: Less than one minute. Estimated number of downvotes: 1 million Rock on!Oreohhs1 13s
42s Nightborne are sexy elves Arcanist Valtrois is prolly my fav. Looks good and i like her voice. Love questing for herRaveniia4 42s
1m You used to have ______ and you want it back. I was doing the cata timewalking dungeons today and i got one of the HoT dungeons with the echos and infinite dragon boss. I remember having to use hibernate to cc those dragons. Heck, as feral, it was really fun to hibernate another feral while pvping or a hunter's pet. Please bring hibernate back.Liger177 1m
1m Pray for the safety of the people of N Dakota as they continue to experience a major blizzard, with temperatures of 0 degrees F, wind chills of -30 degrees F, foot+ snowfalls, and powerful wind gusts over 60mph. Also, northern Rockies, including the Cascades, into the Pacific Northwest, are also in a winter storm watch. A bit closer to me, people around the Great Lakes should travel safely, as the cold polar air mass will result in the first significant lake-effect snowstorms of the season later this week.Supercell113 1m
1m Too many quest chains behind mythic dngns #2 Continuation from: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752247958 OP: ... I agree. I also agree that Mythics should be in a queue. Please, continue.Fillyestra37 1m
1m RP Advice for the Sheltered Noob This is my first time posting to a forum, so I don't know what to expect. I've been playing World of Warcraft on and off for years, and I've had to make new accounts almost every time because, after taking a year or two off, I forgot passwords to everything linked to that account. Needless to say, I haven't been playing WoW regularly until shortly after WoD came out. That said, I've played a few characters on PvP realms, but my mains are always on the normal realms because that's my safe space. With my accident prone self and the fact that I live in the snowiest state in the US, I got in a car accident which rendered me bed ridden for a little while. Without college and work getting in the way, I have some free time to play the game. I've always been interested in the RP servers but never knew what to expect or how to prepare myself. I have some role playing experience under my belt from playing D&D; however, WoW is its own entity, so I don't expect it to be the same. I've seen some videos on youtube that explain different styles of role playing, but I wanted to get the opinions of players on the forums. So, what advice do you have for a RP noob?Lyannara35 1m
1m Mythic +s that are not timed I kind of wish there were maybe 1 week every so often where the affixes and the design of it was more about strategy and carefulness rather than a big aoe speed run. Not sure what they would need to make it work though.Sevaira76 1m
2m Houndmaster Braun He is the personification of WoW. "I bleed... haha... but I wont die!" And then his once loyal, now rabid, followers turn on him.Grungol1 2m
2m Maintenance . No more ! Mainteance ... Okay when the game started gaes ago, I could understand, but now, come on, do domething to stop that. Shall we do maintenance on our payments?Boomchack13 2m
2m I uninstalled I don't really have any grievance, I just got overwhelmed and then bored. This profession stuff, Emissary thing, Order Hall campaign, Artifact Knowledge grind is really confusing and it doesn't help that it hits you all at once. I was in Suramar for rep to begin World Quests to continue my Order Hall campaign, I got sidetracked and wondered around getting the Mana, realized that I hit a cap and had no idea what to do with them which made me even more confused. But then I realized that I was also bored and now seeing the majority of each zone I uninstalled. Happy hunting and I'll see ya later probably on 7.2. Or near the expansions end. Hopefully by then there's something to bypass the fluff and get to the meat, because I just want the lore and won't do chores to experience it.Isomerizer37 2m
2m Removal of flight. Is it really that bad? I see a lot of people on here complaining non-stop about the removal of flight in the beginning of the expansion. Am I like the only person who actually enjoys the fact that they do this in the beginning of xpacs? I feel like it really lets us experience the game the way the devs intended us too, there are so many neat little things that you get to see riding around on a ground mount that you wouldn't get to see if you were flying around. I will say tho, I do kind of miss the days when you could just buy flying once you hit level cap for gold. :PSwag145 2m
2m What demonhunters sacrificed "I've sacrificed everything! What have you given?" I gave a demonhunter my Klondike bar, because he was willing to sacrifice everything for my ice cream bar. I also taught Illidan how to play Solitaire. I killed your master Illidan in Black Temple. Your master sacrificed everything...because he had no choice; defeat the legion, or be farmed for Warglaives, blindfold, or Bullwark shield transmogs? Yep! We killed your master for transmogs!!!Supercell48 2m
4m Can we have catchup mechanics sooner? I just rerolled a new DK, fresh 110. I grinded out as much AP as I could immediately. With 0 artifact knowledge, I am stuck with my weapon having 13 traits. The next trait is gonna cost 6.8k, meanwhile all the AP consumables I get are +100, +35, +350 (blue). I feel like when 7.1.5 hits some guy who makes a new alt will be on par or even ahead of me in AP in 1 week play time if I don't grind all AP world quests EVERY DAY starting from now. This artifact power system is really abhorrent and extremely frustrating when you make an alt that you are looking to swap with your main toon in raiding. There is so much gating in this game, I can't even get my 3rd relic slot without first finishing my alt's order hall campaign, which will take like a week or so because of those missions that last 12-18 hours each. I just want the freedom to make an alt and not be bombarded with a series of repetitive crap I need to do all over again i.e. Suramar quest line, etc.Muffinpoo7 4m
4m Public Blacklist for M+ Deserter My Ignore list pilling up. But yeah i got the addon to bypass this. But is there any public blacklist for M+ "trolls" so i can add them to my already long Ignore list? Because you know, calling names is not allowed in Forum, so i just wondering if there are one out there.Milkshakemoo24 4m
4m Bear food Do Pandaren eat bear food (ex Bear Tartare, Big Bear Steak) or is it considered cannibalism for them?Zhae14 4m
4m "Appear offline" mode needed for Battle.net So, after a little digging, I see that Blizzard once (a bajillion years ago) talked about giving us an 'appear offline' mode for Battle.net. I think it's ludicrous that this has still not been addressed. What if some of us want privacy for a period of time?Therynn0 4m
4m 2 world bosses week shout out to all my 4x gold gettersRipyoface39 4m
7m Diminishing Returns on Legendary Drops http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2091126-Real-Legendary-drop-rates-and-other-statistics-for-9785-chars-Spreadsheet?highlight=real+legendary+drop+rates This link is a very detailed thread showing a sample size of about 10,000 high activity players and their relationship with legendary drops, in a effort to calculate the chances of a legendary drop and the effect of "bad luck protection" on your chances long story short there is enough proof that shows a diminishing return on legendary drops. It takes Double the activity (legendary eligible content) each time you loot a legendary to get your next one. Constantly increasing to near insane levels of play time. So not only did they have a legendary soft cap set at 4 that has been removed, they had and still have diminishing returns on legendary drops. This is an whole new level of craziness. This means offspec are DEAD in legion, because the DR that you will accumulate trying to get your BiS mainspec legendary will kill all hopes of getting anything past 5 unless they do secret number tweaking during patch days. Why even have something this extreme in the game. You already need a crazy level of play time just to get 2-3 legends. If you do not get at least one good legendary by your 4th one then its game over, even with the soft capped removed. because the 5th will take an UNHEALTHY level of play time. It would be faster to level the same class but focus on a different spec to get 2 legendary drops for it. And you still need RNG on your side for the right ones. So what does this mean for people with 3-4 terrible legendary drops? -> Make a new class and try again Did you get 3-4 legendary drops on your main spec and they nerfing it? -> Make the same class and try again with a new spec You play a druid and love all 4 specs and want them all to be competitive? -> Make FOUR druids and hope for the best with your first 2 drops on each one. Just when the legendary system couldn't get any worse than it already is, this shows that if you have bad RNG on top of bad RNG you will be destroyed the entire expansion with diminishing returns. this is like a spit in the faceDarkganon117 7m
8m Unable to use name on Barthilas I'm looking to change this character's name to Cryptfever on Barthilas, but it says the name is unavailable, when I checked the armory, I saw no Cryptfever on my server. Is this a glitch or am I missing something???Exemplis25 8m
10m TOO MANY EDGE LORDS TOO MANY EDGE LORD CLASSES! It's NUTS. Aren't warlocks supposed to be the edge lords? Blizzard has added Death Knights and Demon Hunters, and those 2 classes are focused on death and destruction and other edgy stuff. It's irritating, Blizzard, please make some OTHER class that does NOT have anything to do with edgy stuff. >:(Wyldkat49 10m
10m Artifact Knowledge Changes Early Please? I know Blizzard is working really hard to make 7.1.5 huge and do all of these dramatic changes to classes and many other things, but the Catch Up mechanic for Artifact Knowledge they are implementing, I feel, should be put in sooner. I'm not certain when it will be released, but we are, and have been, in deep need of these changes so that we can properly play alts. I'm stuck only playing my Blood DK, as much as I love it, because my AK on other characters is so low, I've tried sending over resources to keep notes going, but that only does so much when it's 1 every 3 days. I still play things like my Hunter, but because I know the AK changes are coming at some point I am afraid to do things like the Suramar quest line or anything in suramar for that matter, because I'm going to need the 15+ AK to boost the rewards so that I can actually get her caught up in her Traits. This is especially key for someone like a Marksman hunter who, with proper Trait Pathing, has to be 16 traits in before their first gold trait. That is so intensely grindy with only 3 AK. Not to sound whiny about any of this, just would love if the Artifact Knowledge changes would come ASAP since they seem fully functional and we are in desperate need for them. Playing only one toon period only has so much entertainment for so long.Dknightexo12 10m
11m Make a "Logout now" option In our menu we have the option to logout, or exit game. When we log out we have to wait 30 seconds i believe? or we could cancel. When we decide to exit the game, we have the option "Exit now" or cancel. so why don't we have the same for when we chose to logout and view our other characters? i think it'd be nice to have to not wait 30 seconds to hop onto another character , but thats just my opinion. I never thought about this before, until my friend brought it to my attention, the question hasn't left my mind since :P i need answers! or yall should make it a thing. -Crimson (Drisilla)Drisilla0 11m
13m Things that make you (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Tanking an instance and a dps aggros half of everything. Things get crazy and as a tank you work your holy butt off to save/protect the group from damage. Every cd you have is gone. You mitigated, pummeled, intervened, spell reflected, war stopped, cc'd, los'd adds from out in the open, stunned groups. You kited when you were about to die. You breathe a sigh of relief. You gave it everything you had. Your group survives. It's over and you won. The dps say "gj healer" Healer responds "dps did good 2" (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻Rickflairwoo68 13m
14m Strange new economy I dont get this. It has never happened before. Sure AH prices sky rocket when a expansion is released. But they settle down after a couple weeks. But this time the prices on everything is huge compared to before. Where it was 1-2g per herb, ore, leather or cloth. now its 30-70 gold. This makes me worry. Are so many people leaving the game the supply and demand isn't working anymore? Why are the prices still so high?Seledor4 14m
15m Jail Time for Hacks?! https://youtu.be/sRePX_LbWeU TLDR. South Korea has now made the development/deployment of Hacks and or cheats illegal. Violators facing Fines and Jail time. Is this a good thing? And will America/ other counties follow suite? DiscussMaekar40 15m
16m Are my mogs okay enough? Sorry but I get paranoid about whether my toons look okay or not lol. I got this Ret I'm posting on, Warrior and Unholy below. I know DK's set is soooo common but it's been my favorite set since it came out and matches his Elite axe perfectly. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nordrassil/Andrsonsilva/simple http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nordrassil/Lyotomachida/simpleShogunrua15 16m
17m Profession Forced Dungeon Participation In previous expansions we have been provided with options and choices to play whatever content we enjoy. Not the case in Legion. Now we are forced into dungeons from normal to mythic to obtain profession level upgrades and in some cases game progression. In the World of Wow we have various sub-cultures: questing, collecting, achievement and reputation seekers as well as dungeon players and raid communities. In the past, we all managed to enjoy whatever the game provided without being forced into other sub-cultures. We are paying customers, or has Wow forgotten that, and many of us do not enjoy dungeons and/or raiding. Many of us have participated in them and have decided they are not our game style; they are not activities we enjoy. So is there a solution? Some will say if you don’t like it quit, but many of us have been committed to the game for a number of years and would like to continue to enjoy the content as we have over time. Why not add profession upgrades to World Quests or have them drop from bosses out in the field or from chests obtained from World Quests and make profession upgrades account bound. Take any progression quests out of dungeons and put them back into questing criteria. Give back our game, the game we pay to play, and sign on to enjoy…don't force us into activities we have tried, disliked and since avoided.Tiñkertoy329 17m
17m Rate the mog above you On a scale of 1-10!Burgundy164 17m
18m Make Legion less grindy & more deterministic Title. Otherwise more and more people are going to leave. Do you guys agree with this?Guòér25 18m
18m Riding Animations? So after playing a few other mmos I came back to wow and now I can't stand how immersion breaking mounts are. More specifically the fact that character models are stiff as a board when riding and that we call them by rubbing our hands together then they poof underneath us. Why can't we add riding animations of any sort. Then remove the "casting" of mounts and instead we whistle for them and then, to make it take the same amount of time to mount, your mount comes running to you and you hop on. Even if you only see the mount running to you client side I would be happy. Other QoL stuff: Clipping and dismountingCåïrnê2 18m
18m Confess Your WoW Sins Come, child, and unburden your spirit. Confess your guilty actions and pleasures in WoW before your fellow gamers and be freed. Today, I saw the flight master off in the distance -- maybe 100, no more than 200 yards off. I stared him straight in the eye... And whistled. Sloth.Planeshaper174 18m
19m Killing Old Gods So the Titans imprisoned, rather than killed, the Old Gods because they were embedded too deeply in Azeroth, and could not safely be removed, a la Y'Shaarj being yanked off by Aman'Thul ended up tearing a hole in the world and creating the Well of Eternity. But we go in and kill C'Thun and Yogg-Saron anyway. Nothing bad happens. ???????????Tekumseh12 19m
20m Why did you choose your race? Simple question. Racials? Was it aesthetically pleasing? Do you enjoy the Lore surrounding it? Does your favorite mog just "fit" that race better?Rickflairwoo118 20m
22m Skinner box conspiracy This is an experiment. It seems that every time anyone mentions the "skinner box" in a thread it gets 404'ed. Will this one get deleted too? For me personally, as somebody heading into a psychology major, it is the most interesting discussion at the moment. That WoW has become a most blatant, unabashed, skinner box. Gaming psychology, if you will. From the wiki page for skinner box: ... That definition above, could not be more Legion. Repetitive, slot machine-esque. A complete and total fantasy slot machine for cigarette smoking, blue haired New Jersey house wives. Who enjoys this kind of gameplay? Has WoW always been this "skinner box-y?" I do recall BC being more like... you do a long grind and you get your reward. But not this sort of colorful text, hypnotic, repetitive pattern sort of thing. I feel like the people who are interested in this expac are like little mice, pushing the pedal, with spirals in their eyes. No? Is there a way to make a mmo that is not so much a skinner box? I really hope Blizzard vears away from this model.Deezle53 22m
25m No time to learn "I don't have time to watch videos or even read the dungeon journal. I don't even listen when raid leaders or more experienced players spoon feed me the information needed to beat the boss. But I have infinite time to spend wiping." Getting so tired of this type of person.Gärithos12 25m
27m Why do appearances/toys still require Rep? Why cant I use my Nightfallen Tabard on characters who arent Exalted with Nightfallen yet? Why cant I use my Honor Hold Tabard on characters who arent exalted with HH? Or my Consortium Tabard? And so on. It's really obnoxious how I cant make half my transmogs match or use half my Toy Box because there are arbitrary limitations on visual decals that I have only earned on specific characters. One of my characters on my old server who I havent played since MoP is exalted with all TBC factions. But for some reason, I'm not allowed to use the Lower City Tabard on any other characters. Or the Keepers of Time one. In fact, just about the only Tabards I'm able to use are the Wrath and Cata ones. It's absurd. Unlock appearances and Toys that are locked behind rep. It's pointless and annoying.Tyberim8 27m
27m Multiple world bosses per week? I'm confused. I thought only 1 world boss spawned per week and it's shown as a WQ. I killed Levantus yesterday, which was a WQ, and today while doing a WQ in Falanaar I saw Na'zak spawned so I joined a group to kill it. Is this working as intended?Degenerated9 27m
28m Low-Pop Servers hurting progression in Legion Low-Population servers are feeling the heat when it comes to trying to progress through gear/raiding. My server used to be pretty damn populated but the population crashed and it had to be merged with Shadowsong. I speak of Borean Tundra-Shadowsong at first the merge added a lot of needed density but now as the years have gone passed even this isn't enough. I'd like to either see more merges or at the very least a promotion for massive character transfers. 25 dollars for a character transfer times 12 is harsh. Something needs to be done after the initial influx with the legion launch the population is already declining again. I really love WoW a lot but all these low population servers are really becoming a thorn in my side. So many wonderful people I meet and can't trade with due to crossrealms and I rarely even see people of my own realm who I can actually trade with. I can't be the only one who's been thinking this! Thanks for reading.Rektillian4 28m
29m Legendary while leveling? I was questing tonight in Stormheim to level up my Shaman and got a legendary item for Enhance off of a normal mob in the area while completing a quest. I did not believe legendaries were able to be acquired while leveling, and didn't think they were able to be dropped from normal mobs. I am thinking that this is likely some sort of bug. I didn't think I had to be worried about legendaries dropping at this point for this character, I was leveling as Enhance but plan to play this character as Elemental/Restoration and would like to replace and or delete this item and reset my legendary chance so I could get an item for a spec I actually want to play.Foddington8 29m
30m Healer forums-Bring em back! Please? I really miss not having the healing ( or tank ) forum(s). It feels like each healing spec sticks to their own forum now and I miss the "healing stories you dont want to hear" threads so much. They were for the most part civil and fun to read. Also same useful information came from them in the form of strategies and random things that could happen to people. I suppose it was thought that they were a form of calling people out? I really do miss them though. :(Kibeeto8 30m
33m Fixing the legendary situation in 3 steps... 1. Delete all Legion legendaries from everyone's inventories (you'll get them back later). Mail them whatever gems/enchants were on those legendaries. 2. Replace all legendary drops with a legendary item called "Essence of Fel Power" or something along those lines. For every legendary that was deleted from a person's inventory, mail them one Essence of Fel Power. 3. Add a vendor that will allow players to trade one Essence of Fel Power for a Legion legendary of their choosing. Now, we can go back to having H/DPS competitions in our raid groups, instead of legendary luck literally determining whether you'll be a massive asset to the raid or dead last in the charts. You still have the RNG of WHEN you'll get a legendary essence, but at least it won't be RNG on TOP of RNG. We already have a horrendous amount of RNG in secondary stats and how badly most specs rely on them to do well. We don't need RNG quite literally giving some people a 30-50k H/DPS increase and others an item that will just take up space in their bank because it's statted wrong and offers no H/DPS increase whatsoever. For the record, I'm loving most of Legion, but we need something to change with legendaries. Either let players choose their legendaries or make them ALL utility (like Prydaz) so the game doesn't hand out 50k DPS increases purely at random, which in adds far too much RNG to trying to be a progressive raider. RNG is fine for things like mounts, pets, transmog, etc., but THIS level of RNG shouldn't be a hurdle to progression raiding (and if you believe it isn't, mythic Guarm would like a word with you).Destiaan134 33m
34m 8.0 Reveal Chris Metzen bursts out on stage at BlizzCon 2017, shirtless and announces he is coming out of retirement. WoW: Thrall We get another Orc expansion. Me'dan is proven as canon. Khadgar becomes an Old God. Sylvanas dies. Anduin has a baby with Jaina.Abrahamus20 34m
35m Can we get our new Worgen models? This post is a continuation of: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743624495 and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743555494 As the Two previous post have Capped on Replies. So continue your Replies here: - If you are new to this post, please check out the Original two Posts linked above and their combined 50 pages worth of replies to catch up on replies full of support, ideas, and opinions on various aspects and subjects of the Worgen and related by numerous others and myself. However to reiterate: The WoW community has been asking for various fixes on the Worgens since their introduction. There has always been issues and complaints in regards to the Worgen Race; everything from the female's Chihuahua face and perma-snarl, to the male's Muppet mouth and hunched back, overall awkward animations, various quirks, and a ton more issues or problems that left a lot of players, including the Worgen players themselves, unsatisfied since Cataclysm. We would also love if Blizzard were to deliver on their statements made during the time of Warlords of Draenor's release when they have actually posted on this official World of Warcraft website, and also stated during live Events: that Worgen (and Goblin) models were going to be updated. However, as we all know, Blizzard to date has failed to deliver. Lastly, we feel that with Genn Greymane playing a major role, with new Worgen-involved lore unfolding before our eyes, and with a heavier than usual Worgen presence in the upcoming Legion expansion, the consensus of replies agreed that this would be a great time for updates to the Worgen race sometime during Legion (even if that's during a later patch).Backsabbath3241 35m