General Discussion

Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the General Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#2 Request Sticky Tips & Information: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2353268142 Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521 Getting the Most Out of the Forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016792409 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Contact List: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#3 Community Managers: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#4 MVP Program Info: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#6 Lylirra6
Oct 8, 2014
Pre-purchase Legion™ Now, Upgrade to the CE With the digital version of World of Warcraft: Legion currently available for pre-purchase, we know many of you are interested in getting your level-100 character boost now and early access to the new Demon Hunter before launch. We also know many of you are planning to get the Collector’s Edition of Legion once it’s in stores, but would still like to get in on the action with your boost sooner rather than later. To help you do both, we’ve set up a process similar to the one for Warlords of Draenor to receive a replacement Legion game key once you upgrade to the Collector’s Edition. Just follow these steps: 1. Pre-purchase a digital version of Legion now and begin using the included character boost immediately. 2. Pick up your Collector’s Edition pre-order once Legion releases. 3. Enter your Collector’s Edition key on your Battle.net Account Management page. 4. Contact Blizzard Customer Support for a replacement of your original Standard or Digital Deluxe Edition Key. 5. Give the shiny new digital key to a friend! We’ll provide more information, including additional details on what’s inside the Collector’s Edition, in the near future. Nethaera782
5h
Appearance Unlock Clarifications We’ve been seeing some confusion regarding the restrictions on what appearances a given character can unlock, so we wanted to take a moment to clarify what those restrictions are, and why they are in place. In order to unlock an item’s appearance, it must: Be permanently bound to your character Be equippable by the character that looted it Be of that character’s primary armor type (e.g. Cloth, Leather, Mail, Plate) Additionally, if a piece of gear drops while you are in a raid or dungeon, the item’s appearance will be removed from your collection if you trade it to another party member (in the brief period where that’s allowed). We require items to be bound to your character because we want only one player to unlock an appearance per item. We don’t want to create situations where, say, a group of players passes a BoE item around to everyone, or a raid group has everyone pick up the shiny new sword before the Warrior can have it. The restrictions by class, level, and armor type are in place for several reasons, the biggest of which is to make sure that all classes are on a relatively even playing field when it comes to collecting appearances. We don’t want everyone who’s interested in collecting appearances to feel like they need to roll a Warrior, for example, because they can technically equip all four armor types. If you want to unlock appearances for your Priest, you should always feel like your Priest is the best character to do it on. In the end, our goal with this system is to make it easier to fill out your transmog collection without incentivizing unusual or disruptive play habits. As with any system we add to the game, we’re planning to keep iterating on this as time goes on, so thanks as always for your feedback. Ornyx105
13m
Demon Hunter Early Access We've been seeing some confusion regarding Demon Hunter Early Access since the launch of the Legion Pre-Expansion Patch this morning. In the weeks before the launch of Legion, those who have pre-purchased the expansion will get early access to the new Demon Hunter class. Players will begin at level 98 and will find themselves on the fel-shattered expanse of Mardum, where they’ll play the Demon Hunter starting experience before joining their allies in the fight against the Legion. We are still working on the exact timing of this, but players can expect to be able to play a Demon Hunter around the second or third week of August (no later than August 17 globally). Keep an eye out for further details on this as we move closer to the launch of Legion! --- If you encounter any issues in-game, check our Known Issues list to see if we are aware of what you are experiencing, and, if not, create a thread in the Bug Report forums and let us know! Ornyx198
23m
Cross-Realm Functionality on RP Realms Patch 7.0 included some server-side changes to the way our cross-realm and sharding technologies work. While these changes were made to improve system and server performance, they inadvertently affected Role Playing realms and communities in a way we did not intend. We recognize the issue this has caused for the role playing community, and have been hard at work on some improvements to our tech that will allow us to disable it entirely in certain areas on RP servers. In those designated areas, players on RP realms will not be automatically mixed with players from other realms, nor will they be split into multiple “shards”. In other words, if you’re on an RP server, you won’t have trouble finding other people from your realm in these areas, and shouldn’t see very many (if any) players from other realms. Additionally, it’s worth clarifying that our previous rules which prevented RP realms from being automatically CRZ’ed with non-RP realms have not changed, even outside of these designated areas. However, please be aware that our party-based cross-realm tech is still in place, so if someone from another realm groups up with someone on your realm, you might see them. We’re currently applying these changes to Stormwind and Orgrimmar, and North American realms should be starting to see their effects. Realms in other regions will pick the changes up with their next restarts. Once we’ve had some time to see how these changes are working out in action, we’ll begin applying them to other common social hubs (such as other capital cities, Elwynn Forest, etc.), with the goal to eventually roll this out to the vast majority of the game world. The only exceptions will be a few very specific locations where sharding is needed to prevent major performance issues, particularly with the upcoming expansion launch. Again, our goal was never to disrupt the role playing community, and we apologize for any distress or confusion this has caused those players. Ornyx262
34m
Legion Developer Q&A – Submit Your Questions We are continuing our weekly series of Live Developer Q&As, taking place on Friday at 11:00 a.m. PDT. You can tune in live at Twitch.tv/Warcraft. You can submit your questions via Twitter using the hashtag #LegionQA, or simply by replying to this forum thread. For this next session, we'll be talking with Senior Designer Jonathan LeCraft about Demon Hunters! We will only be considering questions related to the topic of Demon Hunters, and only questions submitted here and on Twitter. As a reminder, we would like to keep the questions short so we can make sure we get to as many questions as possible, so please keep your questions to 40 words or less. Kaivax271
2h
Shop Helm Transmogrification Updates With the upcoming Transmogrification system updates coming in Legion, the purchasable helms from the Shop— Crown of Eternal Winter, Hood of Hungering Darkness, and Jewel of the Firelord —will automatically be added to your Collection within the Appearances tab. Ornyx51
4h
New World of Warcraft Site & Forums Coming July 26 As we prepare for a new chapter in Azeroth’s story, we thought it was an auspicious time debut an all-new World of Warcraft site. Consider it your future home for all things WoW, with an all-new home page, game section, new player and returning player guides, and much more. As with any new undertaking, this site is a work in progress and we’ll be updating it regularly with a variety of features, including updated player profiles, PvP Ladder information, and more. Once the new site goes live on July 26, you’ll also want to check out the updated forums, which can be accessed by clicking Forums at the top of the page. We’ve put a new coat of paint on things and tidied up a bit to give the forums a cleaner look. Don’t worry, though—all of your posts in the current forums will still be here for you when we transition over, so no packing for the move will be necessary. Check the blog for images to get an idea of how the site will look on the desktop and on mobile. Ornyx135
5h
Legion Pre-Patch - Grouping and Reset Timer Changes With Legion on the horizon, we wanted to let you know of an upcoming change that will open up additional grouping opportunities for players. As of the expansion pre-patch, players on North American, Latin American, and Oceanic realms will be able to group together in the open world no matter what realm their party or raid members are on. Players will also be able to see all available groups within the Group Finder, regardless of realm. This update will make it easier than ever for people to play together and group up for adventures like the new World Quests in Legion. Additionally, reset timers for recurring in-game activities such as daily/weekly quests and raid/dungeon lockouts will be updated to a single unified lockout time of 15:00:00 UTC (8 a.m. PDT / 1 a.m. AEST) for all North American, Latin American, and Oceanic realms. This change will make it more convenient for players, as you will only need to keep track of one reset time. Weekly resets will occur on Tuesdays (early Wednesday mornings for Oceanic realms) at this time. Nethaera302
6h
World of Warcraft Now Includes Warlords Warlords of Draenor was added to World of Warcraft on Tuesday. We took a similar approach with the previous expansion prior to the launch of Warlords of Draenor, and the response was very positive. This makes it easier than ever for new players interested in the upcoming Legion expansion to get into the game, and gives returning players a chance to catch up on content prior to the new expansion’s launch. Level 90 character boosts are no longer available (though players who purchased Warlords of Draenor prior to this change this will still be able to claim the included boost). Players who want to boost a character can either pre-purchase Legion, which includes a level 100 boost, or purchase a standalone level 100 boost. Nethaera44
7h
43s 48s 1m
Draenei Appreciation Day It's tough being the best race in the game. Novijen420
1m
Having to be in a rest zone to change specs Is horrible, who ever though this would be a better alternative to what we had is flat out wrong. Naroak42
1m 1m 1m 1m 1m 1m 23s
Time for Blizzard to acknowledge the problem. Come on guys you already know its on your end even though the problems didn't start until the 7.03 prepatch. Standard Blizzard response if you even get one. People are already leaving the game over this so maybe the loss of revenue will change their approach but I doubt it. The phasing thing is NOT working. EVERYBODY I know in game is having issues!! Cliven430
2m 2m 2m 3m 4m 5m
Why Does Everyone Seem to Hate 7.0.3+Legion? The title says it all. Every other thread about this pre-patch, or Legion in general, seems very, very, very negative and I can't really understand why for the life of me. In fact, I can't see anything wrong with this pre-patch apart from removing set bonuses (I'm not gonna rant about this; you can see my comment on the 7.0.3 patch notes and agree or disagree with me accordingly) and the camera changes (more on this later), and most of these changes are honestly quite welcome in my book. Is it the fact that a lot of abilities were reworked or outright removed? It can't be. Surely everyone complaining at least did enough research regarding Legion to know that Artifacts are supposed to - and, from my experience on the Beta, absolutely do - fundamentally change the way every single spec functions at some point down the Artifact tree, right? Just take Beast Mastery hunters; they may not have a ridiculous amount of buttons, and they may not be the most exciting thing to play right now, but their Artifact literally gives them a second pet. Take Enhancement, too: the Doom Winds ability, as well as the passive augmentations to your wolves, turn a spec that is currently a little lacking in the DPS department to one of the most acclaimed DPS specs on the Beta from a mechanical standpoint and one of the strongest from a tuning standpoint. So yeah, it can't be the "Great Prune of 2016." Is it the fact that classes are very unbalanced right now? That can't be the case, either. Literally every spec - tank, DPS, or healer - is at least supposed to be balanced around having an Artifact that fundamentally changes the way you play the game as you obtain and progress it. While I've criticized much of the constant nerfs Frost DKs have received as opposed to Unholy (which, at this point, is pretty much fine at 110), I really don't find myself saying that Frost is absolutely unplayable. It has its niches in 5-man content - a viable means of endgame character progression in Legion - and excels greatly in that regard. I mean, surely folks understand that it takes a lot less work to balance the game around an actual maximum level - 110 with an Artifact in this case - than it takes to balance the game what would seem like every other month, right? So yeah, it can't be the lack of class balance. Is it the new Transmog system? I doubt it. That seems to be the only thing about this pre-patch that the majority of the playerbase actually enjoys. It incentivizes old content even though they nerfed gold gains across the board and is, in my opinion, a very good means of providing something for players to do at this early point in the pre-patch. And surely players at least have the sense to realize that having to pay a little bit of gold to hide your helm, cloak, and/or shoulders doesn't completely ruin a Transmog system this game desperately needed ever since the Transmog system was implemented in 4.3, right? So it most certainly isn't the new Transmog system. Is it the camera distance nerf? This is literally the only other change - and certainly the most critically-panned change thus far - I can truly agree with as really, really annoying. As someone who has played a variety of melee DPS specs since mid-Wrath or so, this change is extremely annoying. This is especially true for high-end raiding, where you're dealing with bosses that take up the entire screen and require a lot more view distance to be bearable. You can see my posts regarding Mythic Chronomatic Anomaly and Mythic Trilliax on the Beta forums if you want the details there. But, no matter how much everyone ends up hating this change - and, if you're new around here, just look at about half of the popular threads nowadays and you'll realize how much everyone hates this particular change - it still doesn't seem to be the be-all and end-all of an entire expansion. Surely most folks at least have the sense to realize that an entire expansion can't be ruined by one graphical change, right? Surely people realize that one patch is not the entire expansion, right? So, although literally nobody likes the camera changes themselves, it definitely isn't the only thing shaping folks' negative opinions regarding the pre-patch. Is it Demon Invasions? I doubt it. If you didn't test them out on the PTR or Beta, you can't say anything about how awesome or terrible they were. They haven't begun yet, and, like any real, proper invasion, we aren't exactly given an exact time when the invasion will begin. That's perfectly logical, I think. Surely players won't criticize something that literally isn't even available yet, right? So no, it isn't Demon Invasions. Is it the Garrison nerfs? Definitely not. Most folks despised Garrisons. Regardless of how early the gold nerfs arrived, surely players are happy that they don't have to play a "Facebook game" on eight or nine different characters anymore and can instead work on that new Transmog system I mentioned, right? Surely people have enough sense to realize that the WoW economy is bad enough because of how much gold Garrisons generated, right? I mean, I saw a lot of folks complaining about how they were "forced" to use Garrisons throughout the expansion on the forums in the past, and now they don't have to! So it definitely isn't the Garrison gold nerfs. Is it the new automated silence penalty? Yes, it's definitely something players can abuse (back when I was turtle fishing two nights ago one player, who myself and my guild interacted with in the past , ended up flooding the chat using some weird custom script or something that caused everyone's chat to lag and the other 38 of us reported and silenced him almost immediately, but that's more of a "proper use" sort of thing), but until a 40-man multiboxer or a large group of people on a server actually does this to someone out of spite or in an effort to troll - in which case, it would actually become a huge issue that would need to be addressed ASAP - the only incident most people can really cite is the whole Asmongold being silenced on his stream in front of a few thousand viewers, and, although I respect the man's content, he most certainly deserved to be silenced simply for abusing the report system to that great an extent. So it definitely isn't the silence penalty. I think that just about covers everything. So again, why do people hate this pre-patch - and, to an extent, the entire Legion expansion itself, although it isn't even released - so much? It may just be the fact that I've been on the Beta since it was opened up and therefore had a bit more time to adapt to these changes, but I just don't understand why so many people are criticizing this pre-patch so much for what is essentially just a brief introduction to an expansion that is a little more than a month away. I'm legitimately curious. Sincerely, A Beta Player Tl;DR version, for "those guys:" Patch 7.0.3 brought about a lot of changes, although many of them exist with certain Legion-exclusive features in mind. Some changes, like the Transmog system, are praised, while others, like the silence feature and camera changes, are panned. But I still don't think anybody should hate this entire pre-patch, or Legion itself, based on just one or two changes. This didn't pull a Warlords on us. Dreadfury180
21s 7m 8m 9m 10m 11m 11m 11m 11m
New WoW emote voice acting: Disappointing Oh boy. Hey all. For those of you that don't know, the Legion pre-patched introduced new voicelines to accompany different emotes, including /taunt, /sorry, /doom, /oops, /forthe, and /woah. They can be heard here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StwDhWF7vHE This isn't inherently a bad change, originally I was excited when I first heard about it. But ooohhh boy, was I let down. The new voice-acting is, in my opinion, awful. It does not fit very well with the original voice lines at all. This is more of a personal gripe, but a lot of the new lines seem very, very, very obnoxious as well. (Seriously, the female goblin sounds like Harley Quinn, just...ugh.) The biggest standout example I can think of for this are the new female troll voice lines. They are, in my opinion, the farthest from the original voice actress: https://youtu.be/StwDhWF7vHE?t=7m4s Of course, this is a small gripe, but I'm hoping at least one other person agrees with me. The new lines drive me crazy, and frankly are a pretty big disappointment. Edit: Since a lot of people seem unhappy with the roaring and growling that was added too, I thought I'd mention it here as well. While not a problem I originally had, it does seem to go hand in hand with the voice acting not matching the tone or theme of the previous lines. Alorri56
12m 13m 13m 14m
I took some Mythic HFC in Ibiza I took some mythic raiding in Ibiza To show my Guildies I was cool And when we finally downed iskar, felt 10 years older But screw it, it was something to do I'm living out in my garrison I ride a sandstone drake just to prove I'm a real big baller 'cause I made 100k gold And I spend it on mounts and pets But you don't wanna have no content like me Never really knowing why like me You don't ever wanna ask for CMs back but be all alone You don't wanna ride the bus like this Never knowing who to trust like this You don't wanna be stuck up on that roster singing Stuck up on that roster singing All I know are CM dungeons, CM dungeons Darling, all I know are CM dungeons, CM dungeons I'm just a dungeoneer who already blew his shot I get along with old timers 'Cause my title's a reminder of a mode people forgot And I can't keep my trinkets, no 'Cause as soon as the raid comes up I cut 'em all loose and CM's my excuse But the truth is I just want them back But you don't wanna have no content like me Never really knowing why like me You don't ever wanna ask for CMs back but be all alone You don't wanna ride the bus like this Never knowing who to trust like this You don't wanna be stuck up on that roster singing Stuck up on that roster singing All I know are CM dungeons, CM dungeons Darling, all I know are CM dungeons, CM dungeons I took a trip to bloodmaul slag mines I brought my trinkets and my title All my friends are all gone but there's still that feeling And some people still think CMs matter I walked around the lava I met some CMers on the forums They said tell us how to make it 'cause we're getting real impatient So I looked 'em in the eye and said You have no content like me Never really knowing why like me You wanna ask for CMs back but be all alone You don't wanna ride the bus like this Never knowing who to trust like this You don't wanna be stuck up on that roster singing Stuck up on that roster singing All we know are CM dungeons, CM dungeons My people, all we know are CM dungeons, CM dungeons Trivenom6
15m 16m 16m 18m 18m 19m 21m
Did the forums get pruned too? How come I can't easily see how many pages a thread has anymore or who the last person to reply was? Auradime58
21m 25m 26m