General Discussion

May 3, 2014 Venture Co. Server Has anyone else having issues, on the Venture Co. server, were you have been randomly dcing (more than usual) or getting ridiculous amounts of lag but your latency/fps looks fine?Narwals2 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 I am looking to Recruit a Freind If you wanted to be recruited please message me her or on Skype my name is IRISHxTRAVLER please message me back. I am on us servers and the realm is of your choice.Tunnelxsnake1 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 boa gear in low level bgs please stop crying about people in low level bgs wearing boa gear. just because they took the time to gear up properly and you didn't before stepping into a bg. tired of people in BGs screaming about people in boas. here's a clue get your own set, it really isn't that hard. if you don't want to take the time to gear your toons and think low level bgs are the best way to gear up then don't cry when some guy in boas comes along and tears you a new one.Jethrotroll1 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 omg I just realized There's going to be a second black temple, only its going to be like a white temple, and we'll be killing Draenai left and right, or eredarsDragonsongz10 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Hundreds of Bots Today I was running my weekly Black Temple and had to afk suddenly for a decent amount of time. When I came back I was dead so I released. When at the Spirit Healer I noticed I was surrounded by about 20-30 level 90 boosted druid's ghosts, and every 2 seconds another 15-20 of them would spawn from the spirit healer and walk THROUGH the walls to the black temple entrance. I can't report them because after you report about 10 people, you will begin to be disconnected every few reports. After watching for a few more minutes I've noticed a decent amount of 90 boosted paladins as well, although they follow a slightly different route around the walls.Varedis20 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Quest givers who follow you around Does this bug anybody else? I wish there was a dismiss option...Miravella10 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Thrall as End Boss? So, for those of you that haven't seen, Thrall's new model for WoD has a very interesting animation. Here is the link for the page. http://www.wowhead.com/news=233947/warlords-of-draenor-modelviewer-new-3d-models-and-warlords-character-models#. If you click thrall and go to "CustomSpell01" , you will note it looks almost like a death animation. However, I believe that at a closer look it seems more like a transformation, implying that Thrall may be corrupted by demons and possibly even the end boss. As evidence, I present both the way he looks at his hand, as if seeing it change, and the way he lurches forward, almost like something is bursting out of back. Anyways, just my opinion. Sorry if this has been presented before. Thoughts?Punkrocked54 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 You and your toon switch places for one day. What would happen? I assume I would loiter around the Shrine at the Vale, or maybe read up on some lore while I'm there. Maybe go through my character's bank and take some gemstones to sell in the real world. My Pandaren would behave like Castiel from Supernatural. Castiel: "I found a liquor store." Sam: "And?" Castiel: "I drank it."Neylum12 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 No new Blood Elf or Draenei models? I know Blood Elfs are newer then some of the first models, but not by much. With blood elf paladins getting a ton of lore love in the next expansion, I would expect that they would be high on the list for a new model. As well as the Draenei to get new models. I know you may be hard pressed, but it would really take away some of the fun if these two races didn't get any upgrades yet they are getting ready to see a ton of lore heading their way. Just doesn't seem right.Holoo58 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 If i cant get Tank Gold... Does that make me a bad tank? Im starting to think maybe im holding my group back.Zhayne26 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Lion Pride Thread! Because it's pretty rare to see a Hunter using a Lion companion. Lion-users, unite! Don't let a little cough get your Lion down!Doomclan20 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Student: How do I become a Game DesignerBlues Hi, I'm a college student and currently majoring in Computer Science, I was wondering what should I do to become a game designer? As in programming languages and all that good stuff. ThanksÇâthülü0 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Best Xpac trailer/cinematic Curious of your favorite trailer or cinematic in all the expansions currently.. For me I feel blizzard has never topped: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp5XsILypYQ The feeling and theme at the time of that release was amazing, it seemed to of given me a great impression of the warcraft universe as a whole. It might be i'm just burnt out on orc/human theme atm mehKoiyji15 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 School of hard knocks completed Worst achievement ever. Have not pvped since my priest/mage early cataclysm and my god sit in ccs all day this is a mess blizz. Never again. All of my hate for this achievement.Blazer65 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 I buff you, I nerf you... So, here it is the truth behind all the alterations made to all classes, specs (specs do we have those anymore?) It goes as such... X class is OP against Y class, and perhaps Z class too, (but who cares about that class). It is a logical differential given the logic of a fantasy game. But then, Y class and to a lesser extent Z class continually QQ about how they are being rock-paper-scissored by the game. So, Blizz, fearful of the deflux of income, makes changes. Now patch notes are released, class X has been nerfed into oblivion, and Y class has been buffed into divinity... Z class, well who really cares about Z class anyway, stays the same. So, now Y is the new X and vice versa. After a time, the players that rolled X now feel cheated and spam for change. Y is against it, but Z, who is still mediocre and basically worthless, chimes in to fight against the new OP. Well now Blizz will buff Z, and nerf Y into oblivion. This will piss off both X and Y uniting them in their hatred for the newly OP Z. Z, who has always been worthless, now feels like a rightful champ and begins to oppose change. Then it is time for an expansion... A new hero is released! Now we have the symbol formally known as X in flashy new skin, with a less than well thought storyline entering into the game. The symbol formally known as X is EPIC and kills rock, paper, and scissor. Wash, rinse, repeatKroeth0 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Please separate pve and pvp gears I'm getting tired of just about every group finder or raid finder on my other toons and my main I always see these people in either half pvp and pve gear or all pvp gear all because the item level lets them in. Just the other day I was tanking and suddenly have this guy in full s14 and s15 pvp gear basely doing the whole heroic dungeon by himself, doing more damage then everyone and all which in some ways wasn't bad but the problem is it ruins the for the rest of the group and on top of that he was going too fast for the rest of us to keep up. I asked him kindly to slow down but his commit was "If I could fun heroic mode on my own I would." so ya it piss me off. On raid finder its almost the same thing but the pve dps do more damage, I believe it did lets put it that way but yet force to keep them because can't kick them out. If you got all pvp gear then they shouldn't be aloud to do raids and such because that make other think just go all pvp and not worry about getting pve gear for raids and such if that make any since? I understand people want to get on raid finer to see the content but it is only fair that you earn the right gear for it and not just get a few piece's of pvp gear in order to get in and just let everyone else do the work for you. Its same with bgs when I was doing pvping, I gone and took a while to get all the honor gear but doing dungeons and turn justice points to honor. I earned that gear and when I got into bgs so I can get conquest points I see so many people in pve or mix of both gears and always on the losing team because those fully geared conquest gear just running me and the team I'm on though without a problem and just farming us. How is one to feel he or she is doing well in pvp if always paired with people like that? Its bad enough that all the hardcore raid and pvp groups getting everything first and just farming from those who are trying to catch up. If they are separated for what they are intended for then it would make raiding and pvping a little more enjoyable.Volksin9 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Bring Back "DI"....maybe?? Divine Intervention was one of my favorite spells and came in handy in raids....well it saved everyone a corpse run. Then is was ripped from us, it tore my little dwarven heart out I use to have a lot of fun with it. WoD seems to be bringing back a few spells that were taken away in the form of talents, so I am still hopeful that DI will return. BRING BACK DI...please?? WHO'S WITH ME!?Olmae0 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 This game isn't multiplayer anymore The designers are too far out of touch with the social aspect of the game. LFR, LFD, CRZ - every change to the social structure of the game has undermined networking with the people around you and getting to know all the wild characters behind their pixelated avatars (or at least the personas that they employ online). Decreasing PVE difficulty has also contributed to the problem, albeit to a lesser extent. WoW is now an endless parade of strange names you'll never see again, and it's much less stimulating. I miss the server troll, the druid I knew in BC who famously roamed open world pvp hotspots only casting moonfire, the need to tap into your friends list full of people you met questing to run that next dungeon for mad loots. The game isn't multiplayer, but rather multicharacter. Personally, outside of my IRL friends that play, I know almost no one on my server (sharply contrasting my van/bc/wrath days) and it has sucked a lot of the fun out of the game for me. Thoughts/opinions/flames? How much have changes to the infrastructure of the game affected your interactions with your fellow player, if at all?Oriam91 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 I am fluffy!!!!!! I'm also a Panda.Yojmbo23 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 What do you call an unmotivated Forsaken? ( •_•)⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) Lazy bones. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4oDelurk2 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 How many players per realm on average? My friend got a realm first in 600 engineering that he showed me. This lead me to think how many players are there per realm? Like I know that there are 256 realms listed but I don't know if thats all the realms in WoW or not, my brother and I calculated 30k people per realm that doesn't sound right but hey maybe it is!Oldmanthrift0 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Addon to Alter Camera Position? Are there any addons that can do this? I recently racechanged to a draenei and the camera seems really high up. I looked around a bit but couldn't find what I was looking for.Paxton4 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 PVE or PVP gear? Simple enough question, I don't know whether I should ditch the 536 item level PVE gear (Shoulders and pants) that give me a 4 set bonus which is about 5% of my dmg, or if I should just use the 550 item level PVP gear which gives me tons more stats but I lose that 4 set... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/99059 PVE shoulders http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/99058 PVE pants http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/103380 PVP shoulders http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/102651 PVP pantsDaethnight4 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Bought a gaming mouse and it's hard I keep hitting the wrong button. Am I just retarded or what? Don't answer that. But am I?Rosanne37 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Which gal is best gal? Here is a simple little experiment. Which race who you think has the most attractive females? Not just based on models, but also fan art, design, concept, ect. You can not answer with human. Edit: I decided to make a strawpoll based on this question, I didn't vote as to not affect the results. http://strawpoll.me/1622940Defiant188 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Are Priests at all like in real life in lore? Just wondering, I hate that idea and it's something that has been on my mind for a while. In Warcraft are they the 'stay-in-churches-and-pray" kind of Priests or are they basically Paladins without armor/physical training?Oni6 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Character transfers I'm wondering if anyone is having a very long wait time for this, or maybe any service at that. I talked to a GM and they said they're very backed up on paid services, so it might take a while. Lol I just want my Warrior to go to Moon Guard, right now it has been 32 hours since the purchase. I think maybe since they made it so you can purchase a level 90 character, they're swarmed.Strengths3 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Combatant I am in need of assistance at my present location for a task I have not the physical prowess to successfully execute.Xhamster14 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Draenor Armor sets http://wowhead.com/news=236594/warlords-of-draenor-transmog-preview-3d-armor-sets Plate gear looks awesome fantastic. Cloth is meh. They all look pretty good although I'm thinking the LFR Draenor Leather and Mail is backwards. The supposed mail armor looks way to "ninja" or "assassin" like. Logically should be leather. Looking at the supposed leather armor it screams mail though.Arclight17 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Elitism and World of Warcraft Hello there. I'm here to talk about elitism in wow and how it effects the wow community. First I want to say I mad a video on this @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNeZ787_r78&list=UUAjDO7K8HACARZ6e0ml449A&feature=share Now I would love to hear about how others feel about elitists in wow and what do you do when you encounter them. This is kind of an old thread but since there are " boost to 90's " the thread is most likely to go back up. Anyways please watch my video and hope you enjoy and comment your experience with elitists. Thank you :)Elastico71 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 More murlocks. And make them as deadly as they used to be, with their swarms and everything. Thank you. :)Morgond2 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Stop consecrating my farm, please. Seriously, why does this spell go into my phase of the farm? Is it divine? It's so bright! Also, when I use death grip on the birds in the air, why do I get a Lua error? Oh yeah, and when I use Xeun I can't use the action button to pull the weed. Just a few curiosities of the farm. I love it, though.Theresá17 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 So many whiners... As of late, I feel like all anyone wants to do is complain about anything and everything. - Personally don't mind no flying. - Personally don't mind lack of tier in LFR. Maybe if people should give things a chance to even be implemented in betaMattisbeast10 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Is reforging actually NP-Complete? I've been wondering this for a while now; has reforging ever been proven to be NP-Complete? We take it as a given that it is NP-Hard (although seeing a proof of this would be nice, i.e what problem reduces to reforging), but sometimes I see people claim that it's NP-complete. This implies that we can easily verify whether or not a reforging solution is optimal. Does anyone have any info on this?Claerwynn23 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Gold Begging is Fine, However. Please don't use a sob story like this one. Ever. "Hi, could you spare some gold? It doesn't matter how much, I never played this game before but my dad played it and he died this year and I'm trying to build his account up". Additionally this game from a level 1 priest, with a name similar to fasdfasd (not exact name, but a similar style). I don't care if people gold beg, though I do find it comical with how easy gold is to get in this game. But it's pretty disgusting to use a story like this to elicit sympathy, particularly when the people you whisper may or may not be dealing with the death of a loved one. So please, keep your begging whispers tasteful.Jirek29 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Night elf upcoming model update... Not seeing what I expected in the night elf model update. So I thought I would plant a suggestion with hope that it might see light of day. I am mainly focused on the female version. I could care less what you do to the males. Give em full body hair for all I care. Azshara has a great model that is still that large amazon look yall seem to want... I realize the char is a high elf or whatever but the model could easily pass as night elf. http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130329210950/wowwiki/images/d/d4/Highborne_Azshara.jpg Alexstrasza's Humanoid form. Wiki thinks its highborn. http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081001091539/wowwiki/images/c/c7/Alexstrasza_the_Life-Binder.jpg Sylvanas Windrunner. Granted the char is undead but still a superb model. http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110829095414/wowwiki/images/f/f5/Sylvanas_Windrunner_High_Elf_by_Lost_In_Concept.jpg I think those models would be a fine update to the night elf female. Stop being afraid to make them more appealing... If some snobby person doesn't like appealing they can roll an orc or a dwarf... Wow has seemed to hide from appealing female armor and chars lately in fear of offending some snob... Stop that please.Buckwheet26 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Orc pride thread! We all know that us orcs are better than all other races (cuz we teh master race) and we have the largest shoulder pads in EXISTENCE (thats why garrosh was warchief) so we proud manSharkthedark49 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Okay Dornaa I admit it I never looked up at the sky in Terokkar til I did that quest on my quest alt. It was nice to feel surprised over something new again. Something I would have never noticed unless a holiday quest npc told me to look up.Rosenivy3 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Guess what! I'm You, the Blood Elf Ret Paladin!You10 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Low lvl Crafting gear require Spirits of Harm So I've been leveling my warrior and I started to level my Blacksmithing so I could make my self a sword to level in And my eyes widened when I saw a lvl 85 blue sword I could craft I was likes yes yes yes! But then I saw it took 2 spirit of harmony and I started thinking wtf by the time my lvl 87 could farm those I would be 90 and could just get a bg weapon or a heroic drop for a sword. I totally Understand lvl 90 gear requiring it but lvl 85 blue that I would use to lvl a few short levels it just does not make a lot of sense to me. Me crafting is fun but blizz has kind of broken it with me what do you guys think?Corey0 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Battle.net app when the battle.net app comes out of beta will it be incoperated into wow. so its the only way to start wow ?Drewmen0 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 I can't stand most helmets in wow. The only head gear i really enjoy is engineering goggles, and eye patches on certain races, but for some reason most helmets look goofy to me. How do you feel about helmets?Korgosh18 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Will the Exodar ever be repaired? They've been fixing it for a while. It doesn't have to be space-worthy, but it'd be cool if it wasn't cracked or broken anymore. I understand that about 8 people a year step foot in there, but I like it and it just dawned on me that it crashed 7 years ago and there's still broken crystals and beams protruding from walls.Grimwack33 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Blizz stealth nerfed old raid trash drops I clear bt weekly for glaives im at 54 clears. I normally walk away from clearing all trash with over 300 nether weave cloth about 10-15 epic gems and 10-15 greens. This week i got 5 nether weave cloth 1 epic gem and no greens. Was this necessary? What part of 54 weeks do you not get? I know rng and probability some weeks i walk out with 200 others i walk out with 400 cloth i clear all trash something is up with trash drops this week. Its bad enough that i have spent over a year farming the main hand but now i get next to nothing from a full raid clear.Blazer70 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Questing is Impossible With the cross relm zones and the amount of !@# holes in wow. Questing is impossible. Level 90s going around killing low level players and killing all the quest givers so questing is not possible. The npc's at the bases are so low of a level that 90s can camp the base for hours on end because they are bored. Make a debuff in the game or something when a player kills someone lets say 5-10+ levels lower than them they lose 15% of every stat for 1 hour with no cap. Their needs to be a consequence for making other players game play more un-enjoyable than it already is through the questing process.Hetzaraz55 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Getting carried in the raid finder. Has anyone else found that in every single raid finder there are usually around 5 people who just don't contribute at all? I see people in 500+ ilvl gear doing less than 50k dps in every single raid finder I join. It'd be nice if the raid finder could tell when someone is being lazy and replace them with someone else : /Kouter4 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 The Steam Pools. OMG I'm freaking out, I discovered something new in WoW. Was this zone supposed to be part of something or what's going on? :D ^.^ :OLynnette13 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Seriously? World of Warcraft. This is one of my favorite games and end game content is amazing. But there is one big problem, I'm sure there has been something about this already, but I want to bring it up if it hasn't. Here it is, make solo players have an easier time getting there gear. This is what I mean, there's this game called DCUO (DC Universe Online), it's no WoW but WoW could use a few pointers. Everything in that game can be soloed. You can get the max iLvl on your own. LFR in WoW is a great tool. It has it's ups and downs but overall a great tool. Flex Raid, another great way to find instances but only if you meet the iLvl a random player picking you up gives you. Or your guild requires certain iLvl to run with you. This is annoying. I'm only iLvl 525 and I rarely get to Flex raid because it's consider to low. Maybe it is, but how does anyone expect me to raise it if I can't even Flex Raid. So, the solution, when you open Raid/Dungeon finder, Blizzard should add a new tab. This tab will have Normal LRF setting, a Flex Raid setting, a Raid setting and a Heroic Setting. This makes so that if you meet the required iLvl for your chosen setting you will be queued for it. Instead of trying desperately to find a group, or being called a noob for trying. So it's like LFR with your chosen difficulty. This'll make it easier for anyone to rank and get 565+ iLvl. Hopefully you all understand what I'm saying. Also if I can get a Blizzard GM to comment. Also if this had been gone over please link forums so I can check it out. If not, do you think Blizzard will ever do this??Legacyiv58 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 Der Pets. They should make it so when you are mounted, or using flight paths, that your active pet sits on the head of the mount you are riding. That would be awesome.Valtruin8 May 3, 2014
May 3, 2014 WTS Alani mount, Aerie Peak I will make you master looter, shoot the boss down, kill it for you, you loot yourself the mount. I already have it so I would have no reason to ninja it from you. Current bid is 31k. Real ID me for more info SarahEllis#1458Warenpeace2 May 3, 2014