General Discussion

Apr 13, 2014 Why is Blizz removing our weapons buffs? I'm personally not real big on getting on these forums and doing a lot of whining and complaining but I have a real problem with Blizzard's proposal of removing our weapons buffs. I'm not up to date on which races get buffs for using which weapons but I do know that Orcs get the axe specialization. Now, my complaint is basically that I have an Orc fury warrior that I've had for a long time and I spent many a hour farming for the two of the 2h axes that I wanted just b/c of the axe specialization. If I'd known that Blizzard was going to just take away the reason I spent hours and hours farming for the perfect set I wouldn't have wasted my time. Do you think they'll gimme a refund for all the time I spent getting that perfect gear?... No, No they won't. Do you think they care that it's irritating as all h&ll? Absolutely not. I know that everybody has different opinions on this and you're all entitled to them but my personal opinion is that this is a grievous error perpetrated by people sitting in an office listening to people whine about how OP this class is or that race is and not giving any thought to the fact that the reason one class or race may be OP is that the person playing that toon isn't spending all their time alt-hopping. Instead they're spending their time on a select few classes/races that they enjoy playing and they're taking the time to learn those classes/races in depth as well as spending countless hours gearing them correctly so that they can perform at the optimal level for the class they roll. If you're a casual player or an alt-hopper that just has to play every single class please don't get on the forums and whine like a baby about how this class is more OP than that class. The real problem is that you're not spending enough time on one class to become a competent player and you're ruining the game for the rest of us because you get on the forums and cry like little girls about how the people who actually take time to learn the mechanics are better than you. So Blizzard in all their wisdom listens to your incessant whining and nerfs one class after another.Arturius24 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 no region locks. your ideas on these region locks to us and eu. seriously this is that stupid that i am locked out of playing with eu friends unless i pay for an eu license.Shandera10 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 No flying in WoD, Awesome. People usually only post when theyre upset or want their cries (or demands) to be heard. I thought I would post on behalf of being happy! I understand that every expansion (excluding Cata) didnt allow flying at first. So, WoD is doing nothing new. But I just wanted to share my happiness with not flying, and hope fellow ground mounters will join me in celebrating this excellent idea! Happy Fake Saint Patricks Day everyone! (Also, no im not trolling)Netherlight10 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Guild Charter Signatures Hello, Recently I've decided to make my own guild. However, I've run into the problem of no one wanting to sign my charter, whether they be in a guild already, AFK, or just not interested. So I was wondering if any of you wonderful people would be able to help me? I need three signatures in total. I am willing to pay 100g per signing for your troubles. Thank you.Gethostevis5 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 To the naysayers: I bought wod to play WoD I've seen so many posts about free 90s and skipping content it's getting ridiculous. Yeah I get it you spent the last ten years of your life playing all that old content, it's not fair for people to skip, But it's just that, old obsolete boring content. Guess what, my account was created in 2005 I was there too. I don't go back and replay every final fantasy when a new one comes out. It's irrelevant. When I bought WoD, they aren't giving me some luxurious gift of a free 90, omg controversial, they are giving me the tool I need, and others who want to come back to this game (like my army buddy who quit after wotlk), to play the current content that they're paying for. Without it, yeah i might continue playing myself, but for those new people, or ones returning, it just adds more annoyance to those who could care less about the old crap, and those that buy WoD by the time they even reach the content of the very game they purchased and want to play, well they are already behind, burnt out, and/or discouraged and miserable of slugging through irrelevancy that they quit before even playing the game they purchased. And from my own point of view, I don't need a 90, I have 9 already, I refuse to ever try another class because I blatantly refuse to grind through that crap ever again. Honestly I had a second account that I SoR'd And boosted a character from 72-80 just to skip old irrelevant crap I had no desire to ever see again. I get it you earned your red wings and don't want people to be able to be where you are without going through the 10 years you did to get there, but they just dropped 60$, not to play an old game they quit, but to play WoD. So thank you blizzard, I can't wait to try my new monk, and the couple of friends of mine that I got to come back are enjoying SoO and can't wait to experience WoD! Thank you!Norã5 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Removing gnomes from the Horde As you all know, there was been suspicion for quite some time of the gnomes loyalties. I believed in the gnomes when no one else would and sought to prove the gnomes innocent of all accusations. As Warchief, it was my duty to investigate the matter and find the truth And much to our disappointment, yes. The gnomes are indeed working for the Alliance. I have completely removed them from the Horde, and they will no longer be welcome in our towns. Guards are to treat gnomes as enemies from this point on. The only exception is an undead gnome slave in UndercityYzzami8 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 I am gnome hear me roar RAWR...Sprokets29 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Can't decide what to level I'm having a really hard time figuring out what I want to level and I'm hoping for some help. Here is what I'm looking for: -Able to heal groups, not necessarily 25m raids but 5 man groups would be nice. -Decent mobility -Melee DPS -Variety of weapons would be great but not necessarily a big deal. I would like the option of dual wielding but it's not the end of the world if I can't. -Survivability -While I'm not really interested in tanking, it would be nice to have it as an option (very low priority and I can live without it). -Ranged DPS is something I can live without. Nice to have but it's probably the lowest priority. I think that basically limits me to Paladin, Druid, Monk, or Shaman. But here's my issues with each: Paladin - has pretty much everything. I think the biggest thing I have against paladin's is they can't dual wield and they aren't as mobile as the other options. Druid - can do everything and is very mobile, but weapon selection is very limited. I've also been reading that each of the 4 specs basically had just a few abilities in each so you are very limited in your abilities in each form. Monk - I don't know enough about the monk class. Shaman - Biggest concern with Shaman is the defence side. It looks like they can dish out a good amount of damage and heal nicely, but can they take a hit as good as the other classes? I.e. if I'm in a 5m group and the tank sucks, if I toss on a shield will I be "ok" in Enhancement spec or will I get completely facerolled? (I'm talking mostly old content, I don't plan on running the current raids). The other concern I have with Shamens is their totems - I tried a shaman in TBC and the first thing mobs did when I was in combat was target the totems, has this changed at all? I can't decide which to go with. Any suggestions?Chaynaomie2 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Blood Elf Slaughter This is truly a great day for us all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDqOLA9xOAsMakazi76 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 What SHOULD have happened at the end of MoP This is what SHOULD have happened at the end of MoP and go into WoD The Horde should have fallen apart at the end of MoP. The True Horde takes their place. The Alliance destroys the True Horde. Garrosh goes back in time to form the Iron Horde. The Horde start to get back together. Blood Elves don't want to be Horde anymore. Blood Elves rejoin the Alliance. (No Elves for you Horde!) The Alliance watches as the Horde try to get back together but fail. The Iron Horde is now a NEW FACTION composed of ONLY Orcs. It is now the Alliance VS the Iron Horde. The Alliance once again beat Garroshs Army and one and for all GET RID OF GARROSH. Sylvanas decides to make her own faction. Alliance vs the Scourge/Undead for the rest of the game.Jakemcdeath50 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 What is "Stack" while in Raid? I finished a raid and then suddenly noticed a whisper that simply said, "Stack!" I don't know what that means when it comes to raids. I tried to ask but already gone. What is the meaning of stack? I was away from the group for a while, so is that a clue? ThanksTimeshadow20 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Who else is voting because of their faction? Show of hands, who else is voting on that Azeroth chopper based on their main faction as oppose to which bike is cooler *raises hand*Zerde73 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 possible new classes i know that Wod isnt bringing any new fancy classes or races with it but here are a few that i think would have done just fine. tribesman it starts in a new section of blasted lands its a mix of shaman and warrior.it would use maces staves knives it would be a caster melee hybrid like the dk or pally.second demon hunter we all know it would make it here i mean it fits almost perfectly with the expansion when the orcs became warlocks and summoned the demons it would be a hero class and it would start at lvl 70 in black temple were illaden would train you it would be like a hunter able to use guns and bows also one handed swords and would be able to tame demons like a hunter with animals or dks with undead at lvl 90 it would be able to ride demons with wings and were big enough. lastly necromancer it would be simaler to a warlock and a dk it would mostly rely on undead minions only humans orcs blood elves and dwarves could be necromancers so it would give insentive to play those races.Darrintheswi2 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Battle of the Teas! So, who makes a better tea? The Pandaren or the Worgen?Althamacnar42 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 What race for Warrior? Making a warrior. What race should i choose? Horde only... Go..Mallganis21 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 "Protecting our rear" quest. Is the worst quest ever. Seriously Blizzard? World spawn, 2 m cooldown mobs? I've been at it for 15 minutes now and only killed one because 3-4 other people camping them too.Moënghus1 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Vote to Kick Instance Option Currently it has like a 15 minute delay till it can be activated and also has a delay if any people are outside in combat. I've run into people AFK XP'n where they AFK right after they join an instance sometimes in tank///healer spots and you can't kick them for 15 minutes. Also people can troll by leaving an instance then doing combat so they can't be kicked. I haven't run into that problem yet but it sounds plausible that it could happen and you couldn't do anything about it unless you want a 30 min deserter tag. My quick fix would be to do 3-5 min delay on Vote to Kick and perhaps not counting outside combat as "in instance combat."Rando6 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 character boost.. help me pick Hi i am torn between rogue, warrior, and a hunter. Please help me pick with your opinions! looking for something fast paced and fun.Pratyal4 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Spectral Sunday! Show off any spectral shots you have (be it from grog, spell, or whatever) Why? Just because. Here's one from me. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/darqangel69/WoWScrnShot_041314_140253.jpgArkimus3 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Of all the races being updated I wish... Draenei males would be their exception to their rule of maintaining faithfulness to the source model. I love the big guys but slimming their shoulders and forearms along with a slight adjustment to their posture overall would be a huge improvement in removing their current sort of uncanny and unnatural look. Unnatural as in, it looks like they are perpetually shrugging. Not unnatural as in they are big blue space goats. That part is fine.Sereven0 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Return old PVP gear for transmog. So i was looking to get some Tyrannical Gladiator's pieces from season's 13 and 14 for transmog, then I learned they have been removed from the game. Does anyone know if this is permanent or will they add a vendor for some of the old stuff in the future? I would really like to get some random old pvp pieces for some of my toons but Blizzard removes them. I understand ( kinda ) about removing the top tier color variations for elite PVP'ers. Although the same consideration is not given to heroic raiders. Why not remove the colors / titles for heroic PVE content when it is no longer current? Seems like that would be completely balanced and fair. Anyways, I just don't get the logic here at all, if anyone could link me some information about the thought process from Blizzard, any relevant blue post, etc. it would be appreciated.Azoroth11 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Timeless Isle question With so many people having alts (I have 12), Is there ANY chance that "Burden of Eternity"s will become 'account bound' ? Please fell free to point me to any other thread where Blizzard may have answered this.Asmasha0 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Rift spawns in the Mage Quarter Is this some kind of bug? glitch? or what.......these *rift spawns* keep popping up when I walk around in the Mage Quarter or if I use a spell.....most I find are in the Blue recluse! I don't know what these are but we need to kill them!Paulteron2 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Could dreamworks sue WoW could dreamworks sue wow for stealing kung-fu pandaThewildman60 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Can you use Replica gear with 1600 RBG Achiev I got Knight title to day, and I know the grand marshal replica gear requires 1800 achiev but, I was wondering can I buy the 2h Weapon or Replica Lieutenant-Commanders with 1600 knight title?Duncanslam15 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Today I Saw... ... A Level-One Orc in Booty Bay. I don't think I've ever seen a Level-One anything outside of the starting areas. I assume she'd probably gone straight from the starting area to Ratchet, and then took the boat to Booty Bay. I wish I knew why. I wanted to ask her, but unfortunately, I couldn't. It did occur to me that maybe she was planning to go fishing today, but if that's the case, she's going to be very vulnerable to all the pirates and crabs that could kill her instantly.Kyniska13 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Burden of Eternity Any plans in the future looming to make this BOA?Yapcheng2 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Transmog Legendary Items I am curious, will you be able to transmog legendary items in Warlords of Draenor? Just got the Azzinoth blade and i really want to transmog it. ThanksSephirol25 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Chill 2's caps come watch chill 2's caps come watch guys http://www.twitch.tv/shammymorofAitifal0 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Serious question, can i get some help? My friend has been playing this account, I've come back after 3 years. WoD looks fun and Im wanting to re-roll alliance for it, and I want to go to a server that isn't 90% horde populated. Id like to do pve/pvp... can someone point me in a direction? xxReapor3 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 loot drives me away from the game. hi, just letting blizz, if they bother reading these, what drives me away from the game. i havn't done much on this toon, so i go into flex with 3 seals at the ready, and after flex 1 and 3 , i get 2 drops. both are usless cause i have higher ilvl items of those. and i think, why bother ....you give me 2 items that i can't use, i'm not high enough ilvl to do normals, so i'm stuck on flex for gears. sure ppl will complain about my reasoning, but when you feel annoyed and frustrated because you get stuff u dun need when i'm so undergeared ......so i log off and watch tv. this isn't a complaint, it's fact, loot drives me from this game.Shnoogyloo34 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 I might be the stupidest player ever So being the lazy person I am , I had a level 30 druid, halfway to 60. I was going to boost him at 60 to get the veterans bonus to my professions. But I was so stupid and wanted to hit 90 that I used my boost. I called it the 50,000 gold mistake because I could of made that plus more if I waited. How could I be so dumb?Swiftyshaman8 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Battle of the Brews! So, who makes better beer? The Pandaren or the Dwarves?Doomclan12 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Grind and Mouse overs So I decided to start using grid instead of healbot I like the overall look of it better. When i use the mouse over macro it works fine when using my keyboard #showtooltip Surging Mist /cast [@mouseover] Surging Mist How ever i have the 15 button Cata Steel series mouse and I have my action bar bound to my mouse when I mouse over some one off of Grid it'll work fine but when I mouse over some one on Grid and try to use my mouse it doesn't work. I was wondering if its a plug-in I'd need , Bind it differently, Change the macro , A setting on the mouse, or a setting within Grid its self.Sicamoo3 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Please make item level jumps much less. It should have been: (T14) LFR ------> 483 -> (T15) LFR ------> 498 -> (T16) LFR -----> 512 --(520 Flex) (T14) Normal -> 496 -> (T15) Normal -> 510 -> (T16) Normal-> 528 (T14) Heroic --> 509 -> (T15) Heroic --->518 -> (T16) Heroic --> 535 In BC, you could still raid older tier content to progress an alt and some pieces T4 would be usable in Black Temple and Hyjal. Where as now, I'm gearing up my warrior in normal ToT just to barely get him into flex 1. This scaling trend is ridiculous, not just for gearing up an alt, but for the overall power level of characters and balance of the game. Tone it down a bit, and older tiers within the expansion would be more relevant to the expansions.Qoyv3 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Where to Begin? I have returned to WoW and I am completely lost. Take a look at my gear and see that I don't know what is going on. Can somebody please point me to a website that will help me and give me accurate and up to date information? I want to spec fire, but knowing WoW, 1 spec if the best out of the 3. Also, with all these new flexible raid system and whatnot, I am just lost. Where do I begin? I'm used to the doing normals, then heroics, then looking for normal raids and eventually in your guild doing heroics but now there's like 20 other steps in between? I didn't know where to put this thread either, but can anybody lend me a hand? I'd appreciate it :)Velthrian18 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 "Adopt a No-Gnome Policy..." So Wowhead interviewed Lead Class Designer Kris Zierhut and Game Designer Steve Burke on Warlords of Draenor in this video... http://www.wowhead.com/news=234257/warlords-of-draenor-wowhead-interviews-blizzard-developers Quote appears at approximately the 5:50 mark. Seriously, WTF is with Blizzard devs constantly taking pot shots at the Gnome community?? You expect us (under threat of sanction) to treat Blizzard employees with politeness and courtesy when we come here to the forums express our views on the shabby unfair treatment our community receives at the hands of the developers. But its apparently its OK for Lead Designers to slam us in the press huh? Thanks for underscoring how important we are to you as PAYING CUSTOMERS...as if we needed reminding. - Forbs "For Gnomeregan!"Forbidra31 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 The Most Impressive Structure in Azeroth? I've been on a screenshot binge lately; mostly landscapes, cities and buildings. I'd like some suggestions from Horde or Alliance players. It doesn't have to be some awe-inspiring pants-wetting place either. Maybe you've been in a room somewhere that caught you totally off-guard. Someplace where the sunset always makes you stop to admire. A pond or lake that reminds you of something. A building with secrets ...Growler25 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Monks in WoD I don't know much about the class honestly, but what does the future look like for monks, especially brewmaster tanks based on the patch notes/alpha?Fox7 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Which area of Pandaria do the rares.. Drop the best items?Thorsaken2 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Patch notes Just finished reading them from MMOchamp. I love what they are doing with the game, especially from a PvP standpoint. Can this expansion come out like today please?!?Arrøw19 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Human everything? Can we please make humans have the ability to be any class?? There aren't enough of them in wow.Räyne23 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Heroic 25m ICC Solo at lvl 90 I am looking into soloing ICC at level 90 on some of my toon, ATM i plan on leveling my DK to 90 then gearing him up, after that i plan to solo ICC H25m Is it plausable, i am doing it to start farming Invincible it will probably take me a year to get invincible but hell i want to try, and i may even level and gear a few other toons that can solo it so i get more chances at invincible. (please check post #17)Nuena29 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Question on Flying in WOD?Don't flame me bro! Was just wandering are they finally allowing us to use our flying mount's as ground mounts? Some of us worked pretty hard to get them and it would suck in my opinion to not be able to use them for so long.Galdris13 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 pvp takes more skill than pve pvp should be balanced not pveMaiesta13 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 red grom hellscream. i know that the picture exists for warcraft 3. but does anyone know of a full body grom with the red skin using the world of warcraft model system. or at least a good hand drawn one.Shandera3 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Make Dispersion great like Thunderstorm is * I underlined the parts I changed. Dispersion Instant 1 min cooldown Requires Priest (Shadow) You disperse reducing all damage taken by 90%. You are unable to attack or cast spells, but you regenerate 6% mana every 1 sec for 6 sec. When the effect ends all enemies within 5 yards of you are knocked back 20 yards. Dispersion can be cast while stunned, feared or silenced. Clears all loss of control effects when cast, and makes you immune to them while dispersed. While Dispersed your movement speed is increased by 30%. (Here's Thunderstorm for comparison) Thunderstorm Instant 45 sec cooldown Requires Shaman (Elemental) You call down a bolt of lightning, energizing you and damaging nearby enemies within 10 yards. Restores 15% mana to you and deals 1696 to 1937 (+ 57.1% of Spell power) Nature damage to all nearby enemies, reducing their movement speed by 40% for 5 sec and knocking them back 20 yards. This spell is usable while stunned. Thank you ^_^Weegnome16 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Funny Wow names? I just wanted to know what some of the funny/funniest wow names were. I'll start: I saw a female human with red hair named "Emmastoned"Räyne28 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Unlock Vindicator's Plate Belt/Greaves for DK Please remove class restriction from the Vindicator's Plate Belt and the Vindicator's Plate Greaves. I'd like to use those two in one of my DK's tmog sets, however, it's impossible at the moment because you require a token from Sunwell Bosses in order to purchase them. The set below is the one which I would like to use for my Death Knight: http://www.wowhead.com/list=1132442/frostblight-rega#0-equipment-set Please remove the class restriction from it so that Death Knights can also purchase and use them.Dhuran0 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 The rudest players play Blood Elves..why? Every race has rude people, but the amount of rudeness from blood elf players is almost unrivaled. When a wipe happens in LFR, most of the time its a blood elf calling everyone bad, demanding vote kicks, etc. My friend who just came back to the game has even made the same observation. Blood elf players are just awful. He was in decent gear and doing what he was supposed to do, but this blood elf kept asking to kick him simply because his weapon was still a green. I notice in LFR when I am tanking and ask the other tank about a fight mechanic..if its a blood elf no response or some snarky comment. Any other race seems to respond friendly. If anything they are chill about it saying they don't know either. If its a blood elf likely going to get some elitist comment. Why do blood elves attract this type of player? Not every blood elf player fits this description, but I'd say the vast majority have terrible attitudes. Also: nicest players seem to be tauren females. Especially healers. They seem so motherly and nurturing. I wouldnt be surprised if the majority are moms IRL.Lureilyia95 Apr 13, 2014