General Discussion

Mar 15, 2014 Warlords of Draenor: digital or physical? I just pre-ordered WoD from my local Gamestop, because i like purchasing the physical copy because it usually comes with some cool stuff, like the chopsticks for the collectors edition of pandaland. however, so far i see nothing for it, is there not going to be one this time around? or is Blizzard just waiting to release it? because i don't want to cancel my reserve and buy the digital if i can get the same in game items through the physical copy as well. Anyone know?Ventra3 Mar 15, 2014
Mar 15, 2014 Blazefury, Reborn Looking for a Blacksmith with the recipe for Blazefury, Reborn. I currently have, and will be supplying you with Blazeguard, Reborn, as well as 5,000 G in order to use your mats, considering they're mostly BoP items. For anyone interested, the materials are as follows : Lightning Steel Ingot x 15 Living Steel x 6 Spirit of Harmony x 9 Add my Real ID, Malidus#1798Levqt3 Mar 15, 2014
Mar 15, 2014 Anyone else find this to be histerical??? I call it..."VERNERLLER RAGE" You will typically see this common form of QQ when reading posts made by people from "vanilla" who talk about the good ole' days. More specifically, the lvl 90 boost. berk ern mer der...we derdnt urven herv flering mernts...we herd to werk urverywhur...ther germ ers ser earsy ner...irt dernt terk nerthing ter lerver ernymer VERNERLLER!!!!!!Jihnra5 Mar 15, 2014
Mar 15, 2014 Used lvl90 boost, can't get Isle quests I created a new toon and did the boost straight to 90 ... I can do all the stuff on Timeless Isle except there are no quests for me to pickup, presumably because I never got the auto-popup quest sending me to Chromie who sends me to Timeless Isle, etc. Anyone know how to get the "A Flash of Bronze" quest to start this ball rolling or is this a "bug/ticket" issue?Jhereg6 Mar 15, 2014
Mar 15, 2014 WTB Legendary Quest Line Boost Would like to see some sort of fast way to get legendary cloaks and metas on my alts. Every time somebody presents me the idea of playing a particular alt, since some people do know how to play multiple classes/roles, I cringe at the thought of being crippled by not having such said tools for raids. "Can you come heal GDKP on your priest?" "Yeah sure it's only 5xx ilvl, but I can manage, oh wait no legendary cloak/meta… sorry." At this point in time, if I have 3-4 chars out of 10 lvl 90s that have the legendary quests done, what's the harm in making them purchasable or acct shared like heirlooms?Zealsie62 Mar 15, 2014
Mar 15, 2014 Flight Paths Please fix Flight Paths for WoD. Tired of zig-zaging all over the map when a straight line would do fine. On my main, I know pretty much all the flight paths, and to fly anywhere I 90% of the time have to "Gas up" at flight paths that are out of the way, when it would be faster just to fly straight. However on a fresh toon, with JUST the flight paths from point A to point B I fly straight, yet on my main with every flight path I have to go A, then C, then F, then B if I'm lucky. Can you make it so that we actually fly to our destination rather then take a tour every-time we use them. I can understand if your going from 1 end of Kalimdor to the other, a few stops is reasonable. But when your crossing pandaria, no reason why you need to make 4-5 pit stops when 1 is more then enough.Kodiakarrest4 Mar 15, 2014
Mar 15, 2014 need help for macro plz ! been looking for many hours and now i give up, im asking help for a macro thats looks like /castsequence [target=party1], [target=party2], so i can switch between these 2 target from my party, ty !Daqueenz3 Mar 15, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Good Alliance PVP servers Can anyone tell me of a couple good Alliance PVP servers, or point me to a website that may have the answerVallough1 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Anyone still having xfer issues for boosts? Even after 72 hr mark? Was allowed to do the xfer this morn, but still waiting on I to xfer. Never waited more than an hr for an xfer. Was just curious if it was possibly cause of a lot of boosted xfers. Seeing if im the only one here.Duidel2 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Boosted 90 runs. So, I suggested it in Gchat yesterday, but I'd like to invite any of you to participate as well. Lots of us have buddies from the forums that are in different guilds, after all. I'd like to try to get groups together for those who boosted and still feel a bit unsure of themselves. It's about us learning the classes and having fun together. Number one, it won't make people sad in randoms. Number two, don't be nervous, we're all trying something new. Screw ups happen. Number three, my main rule, is no verbally abusing the rest of the group. Swearing is understandable, don't swear at people. I didn't want to make this a guild thing only, because all of the forum community is welcome. While I was thinking of doing it over the weekend, if people want to do this, it won't be limited to that. I'm not good with words, and feel less than articulate right now, so if you're unclear about it, let me know and I'll try to explain better.Opalei0 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Where to Find Competent Normal PuGs My guild is feeling burn-out as far as running SoO 10 is concerned, and are thinking of just doing Flex full time now until next expac. However, I still want to raid, and my girlfriend, who isn't a part of the normal raid group, still wants some gear and her mount. Anyone know of a few good sites or forums to go to where she and I can find some PuGs for SoO 10 that don't suck? I know OpenRaid may be an option, but are there any specific forums for this sort of thing, other sites and what not? (Also posting in my realm forum, in case anyone suggested that)Timekeeper1 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Level 70 Raiding Guild Hello. 2 of my close friends and I got the notion recently that it would be fun to create a guild specifically for level 70s to experience older content like it was before. We are starting our characters today and hope to start recruiting in about a month for a guild yet to be named. If this interests you please make a post below. Server- Kul Tiras US/ Horde Rules will be- Monks, Death Knights, Pandas, and Goblins are allowed. Required mods are EPGP Lootmaster Be friendly, and not too dirty ;) Please don't use WOTLK gear, as the whole point is to experience BC as organically as possible No BoAs while raiding Add Orcyish#1499 if you have questions about this or just want a straight up invite. We will be starting with normal and heroic 5 mans and working our way through Karazhan up. The goal is to get a dedicated raiding team together that will hopefully be able to do heroic raids from BC. Note: Eventually we may begin WOTLK content if everyone is interested. RECRUITED SO FAR: 1 Priest Healer 1 Warrior Tank 1 Monk DPSÖron2 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Warlock Dps Spec? Which is pulling the highest dps right now at end game?Barthain12 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Question about boosted 60+ professions When you boost a level 60+ and the professions get leveled to 600, do you only gain the basic trainer recipes for the professions? I'm debating doing some class and have them learn Inscription just so I don't have to find all the recipes from the Books of Glyph Mastery.Gleak6 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 More pick up and play - account wide pvp gear I speak as a PvP player Why do we need to grind gear on multiple characters throughout the season? Would it ever be possible to spread your earned gear every season to all characters? I like a little diversity in my play as far as classes and I know I'm not the only one. Getting gear across multiple characters is too time consuming so in my scenario and the scenario of many others, I'm stuck with one character. I don't play just to grind gear for new characters. I don't know if Blizzard thinks that is a motivator for people to continue playing and subbing just to keep their gear up to date.. for many in my experience it is demotivational. The reason I and many other people play is to enjoy the gameplay, not to grind out gear. I don't think that has the desired addictive affect Blizzard may be banking on. How many other people play this game and PvP for the gameplay? Not because they're hooked on grinding gear for multiple characters.. Do the case study, Blizz. Save us some time, ignore the extremely conservative forum. Ps. I say this because I enjoy playing the game. TLDR = account wide pvp gear so you don't have to grind it out on multiple characters and can actually have fun with the gameplay.Arlesea0 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Customer Service fail So I have a payment issue on my account that would need customer service When I call Blizzard now, all I get is a recording that tells me to go to a battlenet website.....with a 40 minute queue on the chat screen. Not a single person to talk to on the phone for a game with 7-8 million subscribers, owned by Activision with Call of Duty pocket money. A 40 minute queue for chat, which I KNOW will be useless, since we're talking about credit card stuff and bank payments, they won't deal with it, and the "help" will be absolutely useless and a waste of time. So now I'm stuck with queued payments for character server transfers and faction changes lost in space. I can't edit the payment because it's been processed, but stuck as "queued". I can't complete the payment because paypal is stuck on "Pending" for whatever reason (my bank must be slow). I can't cancel the payment, or log in and play my character. I'm just stuck. How did customer service get so bad? I can pretty much guess (and be right) it started with Activision buying Blizzard and laying off hundreds of people who used to work customer support. Now that I think about it, I had the same garbage customer support the last time I put in a ticket for another issue (instance dropped loot, bugged on the roll, could not take item) it took 3 days for a response, which never addressed the issue - (a copy * paste response with generic language closing the ticket) I remember great Blizzard customer support a few years back. /rantFhiladelphia4 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Using the level 90 boost when preordering WoD I used the boost on my mage and cannot figure out why I cannot port to where other 90s can? Help?Amberilyn1 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 What is the best DPS spec for a Shaman? So I have never leveled a shaman and I want to give it a try, but every time I ask around (or check the forums which the posts I have found are bit too old to really be useful) the answers vary drastically so I am still confused/ So I put it forth to the shaman lovers out there, elemental or enhancement? and why? (as in what so great about it). And before someone asks my off spec will be resto. some more details because I have gotten the questions before I will not be raiding (before lvl 90), for arguments sake lets say my shammy has yet to enter the world! ;-) so advice would be from the gate! I thank all contributors in advance!Oleska8 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 I've noticed something While I've been doing commissions (The thread of me showing off my progress is Monday, this is for something completely different.) I noticed there aren't NEARLY enough armor with spikes on them in this game.Deadmané0 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Check out my new helmet! Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Another week, No mount/Glavies Another week running, Black Temple (Rogue) for MH glaive, TK on Pally and Hunter, Ol Anzu daily and Attunman in kara. No mount or glavie drops for me again....i reallty hate the low drop rate!Romire9 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Favorite Expansion based on Artistic Style? My favorite expansion visually was probably Wrath. Although I was not crazy about the starting zones, many of the later zones, raids and even Dalaran are artistically awesome. Least favorite was probably Cata. The zones seemed disjointed and I got tired of looking at fire. What about you?Torange12 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 2200 Mage Play Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Need Help! Please Read! I have a friend who lives in EU. We can't play together because he can't play on my US realm (Azjol-Nerub). Is there anyway for him to be able to play on my realm without having to buy US retail WoW? I hope this makes sense.Faldorian4 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 85-90 Heirlooms I did a quick search and didn't see a thread on this yet, if there is one sorry for the additional post. First off I understand it is easier to level from 85-90 than it was. I leveled 4-6 90s during the grueling 27mil from 89-90 era. Since then I've leveled 5 more to 90. Needless to say I have grown tired of pandaria leveling. I have done monkey runs, monkey arena area in KLS, and I even tried TI grinding. I do not want to pay $60 for a boosted toon, even though starting out ilvl 483 with max professions appeals to me. I enjoy "working" on a character. The 90 boost has definitely changed the game, but I don't want to get into that. I only bring it up because of players like myself who are still willing to level and see the content through. Why have BoA"s not been changed to work until level 90? I imagine in WoD they will allow them to be upgraded but if they want to get more people back and playing I believe BoA's are another good way to do that along with the option to boost.Humanhaeos0 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 LFR Anyone else finding they are in queue for an hour repeatedly only to finally get in one boss after the only boss you need every f***ing time?Dardrin14 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 warcraft and mental health i'm not proud to admit this - and i'm sure a lot of people will just tell me to kill myself - but: i struggle with mental problems; anxiety, depression and the like. it's been almost 10 years since it began. but since i started playing WoW, i found it's been an escape for me. the game may have its flaws but it helps me to forget the stresses of my real life - it helps me to battle the demons that are in my head. cause I can fight them in azeroth instead. I guess this is just me saying thanks for that blizzard. so many people take this game for granted - talk about how it's trash, it's crap, etc - but i love it no matter how it progresses in the future because it's enabled me to continue on with life. i guess i also want to say - don't take mental health for granted. to be "normal" would be great but i've been this way for so long I don't know what normal is. see you in azeroth - be you horde or alliance~Zimaanus481 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Anyone boosted a 90 in response to a Gank? Has anyone leveling a low level character gotten ganked by a like level character and in retaliation boosted to 90 and gone posthaste to that location to get back at the person? Share your delicious tales of money spending and revenge!Tapaje4 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Goodbye Bye till fall, hopefully the game will have some life back into it, till then happy hunting every one.Tankerdshaw14 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Very Light sabre on other toons Hey so i was wondering if i make a gnome warrior and get the Very Light Sabre will i be able to xmog it and send it over to say like a rogue?Tiickle6 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Instant level 90's Dear Blizzard please give us the option to make at least 5 instant 90's on a different server. For example, If I have a 90 Warlock on Shattered halls, I go over to a new server and make a instant level 90 warlock with green gear. This would be great for people like me that have many 90's. Leveling gets boring after a while and especially after you have done the quest line for the 7th time in a row. I know that the developers want a us to explore and do the quest, but it gets boring to many of use that have done them multiple times. We get tired of seeing the same thing over and over. I would like to get a instant 90 on a different server. That would save me time in leveling. So please consider adding something like this in the future. thank you!Møbkillz37 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Just wanted to say. Morning to all fellow WoW players! Happy drops / etc , And ones going to bed nini and sweet happy drop dreams! :3 /pandahugsMaiwildbrew500 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 What are your thoughts on HOTS? What are your thoughts on Heroes of the Storm? IMO I don't think the game will attract a good portion of WoW players. Most of the 35+ year olds will either try it out or not play it at all. Most of the older people won't be able to handle the PvP pace. With a good portion of the older WoW players suffering from some type of physical pain I just don't see them playing HOTS. I'm not trying to troll just stating my opinion. I think the option to either earn gold to unlock Heroes or pay with real life currency is fair. It's pretty much simular to how LoL does it. Giving players an option not to use real life currency and grind gold to unlock Heroes is good. So no one should be complaining about prices. I really hope this game does good. I've been watching people play it for awhile now (where is my invite!?) and it looks very attractive and fun. Love the artwork by blizz for the game! Feel free to reply.Stabberella28 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Average Age....Military/Retired/College/HS Just curious how many active duty, retired and/or disabled veteran's play this game? Also, how many are in college? High School? Middle School? Full time housewives? In my case, my son bought me the game as a Christmas present in December 2006 so we could play together while he was deployed; been playing ever since (off and on). Myself: Retired Military The oldest I've seen enjoying WoW is a 70 year old grandmother, she has a channel called Gaming With Grandma. she thoroughly enjoys the game. The youngest I've seen was 4 years old (who actually understood the mechanics) and play style. Reading Trade Chat on my realm sometimes makes me wonder if any adults still play this game, not to mention the 2+ hours of vent/mumble rages I've managed to record over the past year or so. In my opinion, if this game stresses you out to the point of smashing your fists onto your desk and calling other players an alphabet of aggrieved and malicious names, it's no longer therapeutic and relaxing, but harmful. Maybe you should take a break; or realize the fact that everyone is not perfect like you. A simple comment such as "hey dude, if you can't hold aggro, we're going to replace you so we can advance" is much less harmful than calling the guy everything but the kitchen sink and kicking him without warning or notice. I have one particular vent rage where a 12 or 14 year old went off on a tangent calling everyone the "R" word, using some of the foulest language I've ever heard, then he started in on me. I could only sit here and imagine the look on that kids face if he were to see me in person and use that language. Where were his parents? He would've felt my old duty belt and then I would have jerked the motherboard out of his computer faster than he could say MF'er. Next time you log in, try to find someone in chat, or venture into another zone, find someone and be nice to them. A quick gear check and a few questions should tell you if they're new to the game or leveling an alt. Personally, I tend to help new players (new to Warcraft). It's pleasurable (to me) to buy a friend a mount like the Sky Golem - they'll always remember you for that, even long after you're gone. Quick story: When I was new and leveling my Paladin, a Warlock named Eazydots rode by saved me from certain death by mobs and a ganker, gave me 100 gold then ran me through ZG twice, he helped me off and on until I reached level 70. Strange how I remember that incident from a video game from all those years ago. I hope the WoW community improves, I enjoy the game tremendously, but the debilitated and septic disposition of the population of the player base makes me have second thoughts sometimes. That's my monthly rant: TL;DR Version: Be Nice! Semper FiPainus36 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Dear people arguing over "free 90's" And I'm out.Splixxster2 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Thank you for multiple queues I don't know how you did it, but the ability to run all 4 SOO LFRs in a row is amazing. I love not having to wait 45 minutes for each queue anymore. Thank you!Hauthorn0 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Hearthstone After playing it for a couple hour again (with multiple hours during the closed beta) I've determined one sentence that describes the game perfectly. "Hearthstone, a game where 1 card wins the game for you." I've been on multiple games where I would win within the next 2 turns, but a player plays 1 card, and destroys either all my minions, sheeps the big minion, or ruins my 3 card combo I just used the turn before. SMH. Such an appalling card game, if you even want to call it that.Yobhguod37 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Ironforge is the best city in the game TitleSamusawa10 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Best class in WoD? Wanting to level a new character. Possibly thinking lock or drood.Idstry0 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 LFM Molten Core, 578+ LFM Molten Core, 578+ ilvl, show achievement, be good, know fights, no afk'ing during trash, don't talk on vent. Must be 1mil k dps+ Make sure you're achievements are over nine thousand. All drops reserved. You pay me 20k gold per run. 0 wipes so far. If you don't know where to stand, THATS A FREAKIN' FIFTEH DEE KAY PEE MINUS! AND WATCH FOR THE TAIL SWIPE! So ok, lets do this chumps, LEEROOOOOYYYY nnnJEEEEENKIIINNNNNSSSSS! Oh, in b4 "but you don't need 578+ for MC" guess what, stop crying and make you're own group to get carried.Spectré38 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Light To Dark Helloooooooooooooooo people of the forums! What is better Mage or Warlock or Priest for end game? I would like to know your personal favorite and spec. thanks!Kronem1 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Want to solve low level hunter? Nerf BOA bow I assume its common knowledge low level hunters basically destroy low level pvp. Hell, you can argue they own it up till 90, and then they become "balanced". The first 85 levels comes down to one thing, the BOA bow. I cannot think of a better BOA scaling weapon that benefits any class more than the bow does. Solve the bow, solve the hunter problem.Getwreckedd10 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 If there will be no flying.. ..can we get rid of "Dazed"? Just saying..Konastein2 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Just believe in the heart of the cards! So I decided to try the HS game for the pony. I had been in closed beta but it didn't save any of my progress, so I had to start over. I won some, lost some, & had some pretty close games. Someone forfeited as I was about to win too. I know there has been a lot of these threads lately, but this is awesome! :D The mount is beautiful, thank you for adding it in Blizzard. Also, thank you for making it only 3 wins instead of 25 or something horribly insane like that. n_n I love flying upside-down on my new pretty Pegasus!Killercaitie30 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Collectors vs Digital Deluxe I am getting 3 copies of MoP, 1 for my main account and 1 for my GF's account she has an alt account as well. What i want to know is is there any difference between collectors and digital deluxe other then the extra RL stuff you get in the collectors, will there be like an in game achievement saying u got collectors or digital deluxe i know the pet and mount are the same. Reason i am asking is i want to update our main 2 accounts so we can play at launch and not have to run out to the store at midnight to get a copy.Ferna8 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Scenarios que bug? Today I don't know if it's some kid without a life but when I que for scenarios as soon as I get the que it instantly gets decline and it happens maybe 5-10 times. So is it just me that I'm getting a troll kid denying the que or is this a bug?Retaliation4 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 New Class Idea (and weapon) I've always enjoyed classes who used polearms/lances/spears. I would even go so far as playing an arms warrior and refuse to use any other weapons even if they were an upgrade. Polearms are currently in WoW but I don't see them being utilized as awesome as they could be other than agility weapons for hunters, monks (who I think prefer dual wield dps), and a very limited selection of strength polearms for Arms warriors. Here's my idea: Following Warcraft lore, the class could be called the Berserker. It would be primarily polearms and (adding a new weapon) spears. The class would use mail armor as there is no other mail armor tank in WoW. The 3 talent specs would be: 1. Lancer: tank allowing the use of a shield with polearm/spear 2. Headhunter: ranged dps which is using spears as a throwing weapon 3. Spearman: melee dps using polearms as their primary weapon of choice. To make the class work better, since it's very limited to what weapons it can use, the weapon stats could scale with the class's spec. For example: strength would be the primary stat of a Lancer spec so one of the spec's abilities could be to alter agility into strength where the Spearman spec could be to alter strength to agility. It could be either weapon only or gear as well which opens up more trinket possibilities and possibly even strength mail armor. (Maybe fury warriors can benefit from using mail over plate too?) Spears being added could also be used for hunters who would rather throw than use a bow or gun. I think it would be a cool weapon addition. This could also be considered another Hero class like the Death Knight!Sisemen0 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Why Don't Stags Have Eyes? (Druid form) Seriously they have no eyes at all. It's like the game designers were lazy or something hmmmmAlanrickman9 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 If we can't fly, then give us HGWT again! Considering that blizzard's assurance that flying would return after new content becomes old is now tentative, we should be allowed to at least summon our friends (40 of our friends). If blizzard is struggling to get lazy people out into the world in general let alone without any convenience they will have a bad time. I'm also certain that Immersion is not their goal. After all what could be more immersive than being able to see that every feature is actually fully realized and not just smoke and mirrors. This no-flying gimmick is to sell WoD to anyone who would honestly believe blizzard is willing to make hard leveling noncontent (so savage I know). They can do this, but then they need to give us better travel convenience which I cannot trust they will do successfully. So my question is: If we can't fly, can we summon again? H.G.W.T = Have Group Will TravelFelnawks6 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Two handers are so last year. We need to dig deeper. Let's have... three handed weapons!Lunori14 Mar 14, 2014