General Discussion

Oct 5, 2013 What does Method do after downing H Garrosh? Do top guilds like Method have an incentive to keep playing after downing H Garrosh? Do they take a break?Fordley24 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Sooo my game time expires in 9 minutes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=varlFj0W6UACassoulet0 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 who waist food in pvp any more Me I have stopped wasting food and potions in pvp because it a waist of resources.Ufeyy20 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 3 sec cd thunder clap should be the same with bear swipe...not fair.Aleck20 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 A question need to be answered. Hey, I been wanting to play Hearthstone, but I need to know is it free? And when will it comes out?Warboar2 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 How is experience gained in BG Hello, Doe anyone know how or can you send me a link to exactly how exp is gained in BGs??? Like is it for wins, or flag captures or what. I can't seem to find this info anywhere. Sometimes while leveling I'll get exp just for sitting there guarding the flag. So I am hoping someone can send me the exact details how exp is gained in BG.s ThxSavone0 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Pandaren Druids or Bust! Who's with me?Aenistris35 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 The fascination with DPS/Healing meters This is not a rant or anything, I just wanted to raise a point. What is this big fascination with what you can do on the meters? I understand the need to pull good DPS, HPS etc. But judging a player's skill ENTIRELY on their logs/meters to me is just very skewed. I enjoy where I'm at in my current guild, and I'm excited to progress with them. But I applied to a few before being recruited by this one, and reasons I was denied inlcuded; Your logs aren't good Your DPS isn't going to help us For your item level your logs are too low etc etc So, would a guild rather have someone who tunnels and pads their meter, Or someone who's DPS isn't crazy high but never dies to mechanics? Yes, this goes by the guild but I believe meters were one of the worst things to happen to this game. Having a player who doesn't cause wipes, stand in the fire, or die to stupid mechanics in my eyes has way more viability then someone who can break the charts on Recount. I won't mention the guild, but during mid 5.3 I was in a guild with my Mistweaver, and we were running heroic throne. My item level was around 532, and it was HM Horridon. The fight ended, and I was kicked. I whispered the raid leader and he said "Your heals arent high enough for us" So I looked to my meters, 43 million total. Meanwhile, I lead the group in dispels, and no one died. Let's look at my hunters' dps. I normally burst anywhere between 350-450k and maintain anywhere between 160-220k, which to me is a perfectly good number. So like I said, this was not a rant, I just wanted to provide some examples and throw my opinion about judging a players' skill based on their meters. Share your opinions as I am very interested in what other players feel about this.Xllgauge21 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 My 2 cents on how to make "tank" gear wanted Ok, first off I am glad with the "riposte" ability. I think it is a step in the right direction for making dodge/parry gear not so terrible for tanking. I won't speak for everyone, so I will say what I think would make me go towards that tank gear instead of haste/mastery. Make vengence scale with your dodge/parry. I know I am starting to lean towards haste more and more as we progress through SoO, mainly to keep up with haste/crit tank classes in both dps and threat (mostly because I am bad though, and know my survivability increases with every kill as I become more comfortable so I push to increase damage). Now for everyone saying "Your job is to stay alive, not deal damage!" well you are correct in a way, but I would take it a step further in saying my job is to keep the party alive sacrificing my delicate Blood Elf body for the team. Getting threat situated in less than 2 seconds on groups of mobs, keeping DPS from pulling threat before i get a lock, and holding aggro from the other tank who may be pulling 150-500k. Now if you made vengence scale percentage wise, it would take a bunch of pressure off of me to keep up with DPS stats, as survivability would provide that boost to damage to keep everything. Honestly I miss the days when I could have dodge/parry and people didn't tell me it was trash for a tank, and that haste/mastery was the new thing for my class. Well, I hope some other people have some good ideas to make it better, I know riposte and new taunt changes were a big plus, but the job isn't done yet :)Xcougar1 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Bloody Coins How many do you have so far? i only have 118 and feels like it'll be forever before i get to 500 for the mountCrook10 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Tricking people into flagging I dont like to PVP, chose a PVE server and dont do battleground or arena. My choice, no problem. Unfortunately on my server people think its fun to flaag themselves so that when doing a rare someone ill accidently flag. Then they teaam up on that person. This is not QQ. They have every right to do thet, however, I have every right to just tag a rare and stay away till they kill it, then loot. They are making it harder on themselves to kill rares as more and more people do what I am doing. Guess I just dont understand what they think they are getting out of tricking people who dont want to PVP into flagging themselves.Bimbete2 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Receiving Horde only gear as Alliance? My main that I purchased this on is a level 90 resto night elf Druid. I purchased Unclaimed Black Market Container from the BMAH for 7K. And in it was Grievous Gladiator's Bindings of Meditation. (Horde only version). Does anyone know if this is working as intended? I know it's random, but shouldn't it at least be an alliance only version?Bankalank5 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Timeless Isle isn't fun. The drops are way too low % for the nature of the rarespawn. If I run around on the isle all day and get nothing, that isn't fun Blizz. If there were only one or two drops to get, sure make them super rare. But when there are like 8 minipets out there, there's no reason I should kill a rare 20 times, or an elite 300 times, and see nothing. Nothing, day after day... You guys did the same thing with tier 2 of the raid minipets. This game now officially feels like it's designed to waste my time.Galdrin35 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Why not use phasing to separate roleplaying? I've noticed a lot of you aren't bothering to read what I wrote before commenting, which is subsequently making you appear rather foolish, so yeah read before commenting it's only two little paragraph it's not that hard. It's a fact roleplaying is dead, there might be a few pockets here, and there, but true consistent roleplaying is gone, in fact I'm not sure it ever existed. Even if Blizzard were to suddenly start enforcing their own policies it would be too late. The amount of people on a RP realm that actually want to RP are so disproportional to regular players that the majority of the realms population would die out as players were either banned for failing to follow the realms guidelines, or simple transferred to a different realm. This is understandable, I mean even though I enjoy roleplaying at times, there is no way I could do it 100% of the time, I'd drive myself crazy just attempting it. Still there is no reason such a fun concept has to die out, all Blizzard has to do is create a single jointed phase for roleplaying. If a player wants to roleplay they simple go to their interface and check the roleplay button, and immediately they would enter a special roleplaying phase. While within the phase the player can see and interact with other players that are in the phase regardless of their realm. As the name would suggest while inside the phase a player must follow the games roleplaying guidelines failure to do so will result in penalization. Finally the player will not be able to see or interact with anyone outside the phase. Any questions?Just55 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Brewfest ends 1 PM or 1AM Sunday? I noticed on the calendar it says Brewfest ends at 1 PM on Sunday is that a typo and it really ends at 1 AM?Kubla0 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 has anyone else done this. has any other tank put on a bunch of greens from adventurer vendors that are mix of str and int. Then go into heroic dungeons with only one epic trinket on and see if any of the other people will catch on?Attackcrash15 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Simple solution to auto PvP flagging I don't see this as very difficult at all, simply make pvp/ffa flagged toons untargetable by non pvp/ffa flagged toons, kinda like the ghosts in "Sethekk Halls", before you can target a pvp/ffa player and therefore cast a spell of any kind on them you have to manually flag yourself for pvp/ffa which gives them a change to attack/defend themselves. This would end all the grief play you are currently seeing on timeless isle, the people wanting bloody coins can go fight each other and stop trying to gank other playing by jumping between them and a mob, or running into their AoE spells and attacks.Alisar0 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Error #107 I keep receiving an error #107 making PTR unaccessible to play on. How do I fix this?Jaariden2 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 If you lived in the World of Warcraft Would you do naughty stuff with your character?Xunahmi51 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Thought about legendary cloak I know they've been nerfing it so it's not viable to use a DPS cloak as a tank-but what about a DPS cloak as a healer? Specifically, for a fistweaving mistweaver or a discipline priest. These specs attack the enemies a lot, but aren't exactly known for overhealing too terribly much like the healer cloak demands. I know this doesn't really help healing done at all, but since you're attacking the boss anyway and the healing cloak proc isn't the most useful thing for at least a disc priest.Kenshimoo3 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Good Ally PvE server/group Short version: What's a good one? Long version: Until I played an alt on a high pop server (A52 horde side) I never really appreciated how much an active server/PvE battlegroup mattered. Kargath is unfortunately a very quiet realm and the populations of some of the servers we get grouped with in LFD and LFR are unimpressive. I realize server merges... I mean connected realms may change this dynamic somewhat. Any ideas for ally realms with decent world populations who have generally competent LFD/LFR players? I'm also attempting to solve this issue through oqueue/openraid but would prefer an ingame solution.Einarr5 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 The game needs more drama (yes, seriously). Blizzard, I say this with respect and affection for your efforts, but WoW is too obsessed with faction balance, and that makes the game too predictable. The game reminds me at times of a television show in which all sorts of unimaginable calamity and chaos takes place, but which somehow still manages to find closure and balance -- all within the space of an hour. I'm falling asleep with your seemingly eternal struggle to keep the factions balanced. You approach the Horde and Alliance as you would children at Christmas -- always striving to be sure that you give them an equal amount of presents and that you aren't spending more on one kid than the other. You know what? Balance sucks. Balance is boring. Balance is predictable and bland. Balance is not fun. You need to take action against the staleness that is permeating our beloved World of Warcraft. Shake things up. Take some risks -- BIG risks. Remember when Jaina wanted to destroy Orgimmar with the tidal wave? Well, maybe you should have let her. The aftermath would have been absolutely riveting, to say the least. Now that is something that would indeed have spurned the creation of a new Horde. How about when Varian shoved his weapon in the ground and walked over to Vol'jin to spew his little threat about what would happen if the Horde messed up anymore. How interesting it would have been if Varian had been cut down, right then and there. If one faction gets the upper hand over the other, or all but dismantles the other, then so be it. There are endless possibilities for story-lines that could develop from such happenings. It's time to put your obsession with faction balance aside. Bring on the drama.Cekritz40 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Good realm to transfer onto? Ive been playing on Terrokar since I started playing wow. The server is so dead that it is truely painful to play on. I need to get both my 90s off. I need active raiding and decent pvp. Both characters are Horde. Any suggestions?Omgitsdroo0 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Timeless tokens for PVP gear Would have been great if someone at Blizzard thought outside the box and allowed the timeless isle tokens to be traded for the i496 pvp gear as well, effectively giving PVPers a way to catch up. The timeless isle works fantastically for catching up on gear, if you're a PVE player. Shame no one had the foresight to allow this to happen, it would have dramatically increased the end-of-expansion activity. They would have been the same ilvl as the pve gear, and they could have plopped a new vendor on the isle, or adjusted the old pvp gear vendors to accommodate.Rawt4 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Can't get into Timeless Isle I'm having a hard time getting 'into" latest upgrade for WoW. I am not a Raider, so I am not able to play the Siege of Orgimmar and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the point of the Timeless Isle is. I guess with the build up for the new expansion I was expecting some fun overall game play...new adventures and story progression. Instead it's just another Good Orc gone bad story, and whatever Timeless Isle is...a pet battling, gear grab area that has no overall bearing on the storeline in WoW maybe? Meh.Catzmora0 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Death Knight Minor Glyph Idea I don't know if this the right place to post an idea for the game, but i figured general was a start. If not i hope this gets moved to the correct forum :) Ok.... While chatting with a guildy about the new glyph of the skeleton and while chatting i think i came up with a cool idea. What if they're was a glyph of the ghost?! So instead of that nasty ghoul or that annyoying geist. (Atm the skeleton is my fav) You can have your own ghost! (it can look just like the ones in Scarlet Monstary Grave yard area) It would be cool addtion and choice to have for a pet. It follows you around looking all spookie! IDK if blizz would ever do this but it seemed cool to post it anyways! (What do other ppl think?)Shlorddraven3 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Mote of Harmony spots?? Anyone know a good spot to farm motes? I know I could use the farm for some but I prefer just to find a good spot with a decent drop rate, anyone know of one?Tickle2 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Shoulders, a love hate relationship First off let me state that some of the shoulder models are awesome. I love them on my plate wearing DK, Warrior, and Paladin. I don't mind them on Hunter, Shaman, or Rogue, some are really cool like the two ghost wolves that jump out on my Shaman. However there are two classes I play that I would really like to either shut the graphic off or at least transmog it be invisible like the cosmetic troll shoes. I've worked very hard on his Xmog and while I do have shoulder that work, he looks so much more like a monk when I take them off. Monks in my opinion should be free to move and not be slowed down by shoulder pads. And while he does kick and throw chi balls he does not play football. I am the one who has to look at the shoulder the most, I would really like the option to at least shut it off in my interface.Dimmonk40 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Don't Feed the Trolls K, thx That is allGlassblaster29 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Major gold farming I am still kind of new to world of warcraft and i wonder where a pallie at my lvl can make good gold i need my apprentice riding cuz i just got my reins of the bronze drake so i need about 4,000 gold and i need it before the week ends so any ideas where and when i can make good gold?Venhelsling5 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Stop ze humans! I may be a Horde player and all... but I think the other races of the Alliance need love too. In Mists, Tyrande looked like a rookie commander compared to Varian's tactics. She is over then thousand years old and a seasoned veteran! The dwarves fighting amongst themselves, the gnomes... ew, gnomes. The Worgen barely appear and the Draenei... The Draenei didn't do anything. Velen was not even present at the Siege! Blue brothers of Azeroth, overthrow your human masters just like we did with the Orcs. Viva la Revolución!Maljinwo79 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Class Mounts How do you guys feel about class mounts? Do you think every class should get one to feel more 'unique'? Also, what do you all think about class flying mounts? I think it would be really cool to be able to have a specific class flying mountSoulfreak13 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 JP for 80s Hi, some friends and I have decided to go about doing Harold of the Titans, and move on to ICC raiding as 80s. And were planning on gearing up for it. We were wanting to do this old fashion, and farm the gear as 80s. But we ran into something that is slowing us down. The only way we have found to get JP for some of the items we want, is through cata dungeons. With 70 Jp per run, it will take us 64 dungeons just to farm 5 pieces of gear, which is not a huge big deal, but it does get boring after a while. Is there any other way to gain JP as a level 80?Mogi8 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 JP -> Honor It used to be 375 of one to buy 250 of the other, now the vendor is saying 500 JP for 250 Honor. Was this a bug or intended change?Paja8 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Belf Shammies Their totems could be mirrors and hair products. Make it happen.Bubblykiss3 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Please release a complete, recolored DK T10!! The Death Knight's Scourgelord Armor is an amazingly detailed set of armor. However, because of the particularly color-choices chosen with it, it actually winds up looking quite bland. I would like to make a request; create a new "recolor" of the set, complete with matching Belt and Boots (Bracers optional, I suppose). Now, as for what the new recolor should look like, I have three suggestions, although by all means, do whatever you think would look best. 1) The "Arthas" version Simply give the set more of a steel-and-leather look, with some tarnished-gold accents. Aside from the glowing eyes and particle-effects, this would be much more normal-looking armor, but in a way, that might make it stand out even more! 2) The "Shadowmourne" version Embrace the existing "Blue" version, but make the blue a little brighter, and add some Burgundy elements throughout the set, just like Shadowmoune has. It might not sound markedly different, but a few well-placed colors, plus by brightening-up the entire set a bit more, it would really make some of the more intricate details stand out a bit more. 3) The "Lightbringer" version You know the Tabard of the Lightbringer? Yeah; go *really* light with the set, going for more of an "Icy" approach. In fact, maybe steal a page from our old friend Anub'arak in Trial of the Crusader, giving it more of a frosted-over look. Great care much be taken to avoid it looking too "colorful", but having a lighter-color variant would contrast other DK sets quite a lot. As for how this armor would be made available? Personally, I would just slap it on another vendor in the Ebon Hold. Personally, I would make the armor only available for having the Shadowmourne achievement, or at least a Heroic Lich King kill (though not requiring either on a specific character). The armor would still be fairly common, but it prevents it from being *quite* as common at the DK starter-sets, for example. Anyways, I know this is a random suggestion, but honestly, I think it'd be awesome! Also, maybe make some of the other Recolors available from vendors there, too, such as the recolored Runeblades, the Blue Acherus Deathcharger, the Yellow-and-Black T10, and even an unarmored Frost Wyrm.Maldazzar4 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 That paladin gear! Can you get the paladin gear on the loading screen? The one with the dwarf holding two hammers. I really want his gear for transmog.Zereoz7 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Don't understand why last season gear is gone I understand that you can craft it. But usually legacy pvp armors/items are always there in Stormwind / Ogrimmar. I dont understand why last seaon item is just gone. I was saving up my honor points to get this season's weapons (which in cataclysm, once you reached 7250 for the whole expansion pack, you could always get the weapon afterwards). But this season i guess it stricly got locked by 7250 points by EACH SEASON. That's cool but i dont see any announcement in the official patch. If i knew this was gonna happen then i would've just bought the last season's weapons. now i can't even get the weapons that i could've earned legit. Please blizzard at least make the weapons available for those who earned 7250 in the previous season. or just make last season's items open for honor for Transmog purpose tooPaintildeath6 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Bg's you have downvoted I have IOC and AV for my horde, and on my alliance I have Deepwind and Kotumogu, feel like I lose far too often on those.Jährakal52 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 What zone would you live in? Either if you could make a house for your character in that zone, or would you like to live in if those zones existed in real life.Bloodfrost23 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Timeless Isle is awesome Thanks blizz for trying this new direction. Its fun to explore and do different things. Watching everyone playing and having fun too. I like to grind mobs and this island satisfies that. Love all the purple loot. It give players another option aside from raids, 5-mans and scenarios Good job!Geodes10 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Camera angle and water walking abilities So to start off I'm not a big fan with the changes they made to all of the water walking abilities, especially making the Elixir of Water Walking a guardian elixir, but I can stomach them. The problem I'm having is that whenever I have one of these abilities enabled, whether it be the elixir or Path of Frost, Water Walking, or Glyph of Nightmares, is that when I get to the water's edge instead of riding on top of the water, I walk into the water. The only way I have found to combat this is by manually adjusting the camera angle to full vertical before I hit the water, or jump if I'm already in it. I've tried searching but there's not much information on these forums about it. Except for a blurb on the EU forums but there was no blue response on it. I do have my camera adjusted to about as far out as I can, because that's how I've always played and this has never been an issue before. So, is it just a bug, just me, or is there some other trick to the camera that I need to do for this to work reliably?Remo1 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Heart just dropped to my Stomach I'm sitting at the computer and enjoying the thread posts from all the people eager to play while they wait for maintenance. I reach for my coffee and hit it at the wrong angle. The cup is approaching spilling point and then I just barely caught it before it spills on my router. Have you guys had any close calls in game or real life?Zerisa69 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Pointless flightpath from Ratchet to Sen'jin Ratchet --> Crossroads --> Org --> Razor Hill --> Sen'jin What's with the pointless wrap around all the way to Orgrimmar and back? Why not just directly connect the routes? I know I won't be using that route for very long as leveling is quite rapid at this point in the game, but c'mon lol There's literally a straight line from Ratchet to Sen'jin that could be capitalized onTwoswordz0 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Double RNG rares on Timeless Isle suck... Imperial Python and Monstrous Spineclaw are super frustrating. You have to kill the elites, wait for respawns, hope for a rare to spawn in it's place, hope you are close enough to get the kill when it spawns, pray for a pet to drop. Extremely frustrating system for these two pet dropping rares. Can we up the drop rate or up the spawn rate of these guys?Mokra3 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Flight Pathing Do the flight paths in Pandaria drive anyone other than me bonkers?Shrug17 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 WoW will never die!! I know that everyone has a feeling that WoW is coming to an end, and people are going to switch to F2P games. But what Blizzard has is something extremely special. A game that has lore. Lore of which people talk about and discuss as if it were actual history. A game that has brought books, and comics. So trust me WoW will never die. No game will ever have as much lore and sophistication as WoW does. F2P games are great being that they are free, they are mostly bug infested. P2P games are where people go to experience real gaming. A sort of gaming that provides a sanctuary from exploits,glitches,bugs. They even provide you a home away from the trolls who lurk the F2P realms to make everyones day an in-game nightmare. So relax, kick off your shoes, and enjoy a game full of wonder, mystery, and adventure.Mundros7 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 Looking For Recruit A Friend Well, the title pretty much explains it all! I'm looking for a recruit a friend to level with! Okay, the requirements I'll read to you: 1. You must create an entirely new account, or add a WoW1, WoW 2, etc. 2. I would prefer you to play alliance on realm Darkspear, but anything goes really. If you agree to both of these we can get started! Post your email (battle.net account login name) below so we can get started as soon as possible. Check your email once I respond to you on this thread, then we can start! Along with the extremely fast leveling, we get an exclusive mount as well! Alright, if you're ready, post your email below!Shattarah4 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 What's with the blue dragons? I just went to orgrimmar, and there is a giant blue dragon, and a bunch of smaller ones. What is up with that?Ulkley3 Oct 5, 2013
Oct 5, 2013 If you had the choice would you choose this reality or WoW's?Sevrac16 Oct 5, 2013