Gulp Frog mechanic?

New Player Help and Guides
Post Limit:
I simply do not understand the fight mechanic of the Gulp Frog on Timeless Isle. How do I neutralize the Gulp Frog Toxin? Is it simply a race against time? Is there a way to see how many stacks there are? Is there something I can do the remove (reset) this debuff before it hits ten?
I've read applying a bandage will remove the debuff
As a hunter, you have no way to neutralize the poison, but you shouldn't need it. Snipe at them from far away, have your pet tank, and use your traps and trick shots to slow them down if they come after you. They're much harder as a melee character, but even then they are definitely doable, I just burn them down before they can stack to ten.
OK. Burn the down. How crude. I have been doing that, but I thought their might be a neat trick shot that would remove the debug.
Glyph of Mend Pet is probably the answer for hunters.
I've been meaning to try that glyph, but IIRC my pally couldn't cleanse the debuff, since it doesn't seem to be considered a poison (or anything else that can be removed). So far they just seem to be a DPS race.
I find kiting/stunning the frogs to be effective. Once the debuff falls off it starts stacking back at 1.
On my hunter I go BM and stun them not at the start but early on and the toxin expires then I heal pet and kill before the 2nd toxin gets to 10.
Stun! Never thought of that. I have Glyph of Mend Pet active, and am in BM spec. I will give this a try and let you know my results. Check back tomorrow.
I've been meaning to try that glyph, but IIRC my pally couldn't cleanse the debuff, since it doesn't seem to be considered a poison (or anything else that can be removed). So far they just seem to be a DPS race.

The debuff is not classified as a poison, or anything at all. It cannot be removed by cleansing spells or a glyphed Mend Pet as a result.
I solo them quite easily, I can manage to kill them before I get to 4 stacks. If I am lazy, I'll pop Cloak of Shadows. I always thought of them as a DPS race, if you cannot kill them before 10 stacks hit, you aren't doing enough damage.
Yeah. I think I am under geared for Timeless Isle. But OK, I can live with that. I just wanted to know if I was missing something. Thanks to everyone for your helpful comments.
Yeah. I think I am under geared for Timeless Isle

Not necessarily the WHOLE isle, jut a select few mobs, if the frogs are out of your league then the harder yongol, the snakes, and the cliff giants are as well. Everything else should be perfectly doable.

Start with the lower health things & help kill rares, and open up chests you find scattered about, you'll start to get gear upgrades from those sources and you'll work your way up to the more difficult mobs.
The Tigers seem to be the easiest of all the mobs. Run when they get ready to pounce, get out of their swipe ... win. I can regularly take 2-3 Elites and 2-3 regulars at the same time and still come out without being in danger of death.
The Tigers seem to be the easiest of all the mobs. Run when they get ready to pounce, get out of their swipe ... win

The tigers are pretty easy, but the cranes and yaks are even easier. Turtles are a bit tougher but if you can kite them around and run when they start that annoying shell spin move you'll do fine. My monk chooses that moment to pop that handy "any damage you dish out gets pushed back on you and heals me" ability (sorry can't remember it's name).

Though there is one tough mob type I forgot to mention, I still can't down those stupid crabs. Even when I pop that handy redirect + heals ability, they burn through it so quick I don't stand a chance, sadly I can't kite (no cast on the move ranged abilities other than the one that requires chi, which means I have to stand still to build up that chi).
I've had to do different mobs with different toons, some fights are just easier for certain classes, and I generally don't bother with the frogs (my warlock wrecks the place though, and boy is that fun xD). And heck, you have better gear than I do, and I survive just fine out there. The buffs from active Time-Lost Shrines and various edibles help a lot too.

help kill rares

Keep an eye on General chat in case people are announcing that one's up, and follow any big crowd that's charging across the island (especially if chat is just a showcase of stupidity and nobody's announcing rares). More than once I've been able to join a fight shortly after arriving, couple nights ago I landed just as Evermaw the whale shark was swimming by (water-walking helps with that FYI, as well as the raft and mount from Anglers rep). Be very careful with targeting though, people like to flag themselves for PvP and get in your way, hoping you'll accidentally attack them.

There's also this if you haven't seen it already:
http://www.wowhead.com/news=219459/wowheads-guide-to-the-timeless-isle