Any other healers melee when bored?

Paladin
I started WoW when if first launched and played Paladins ever since. I take breaks from the game every now and again but I'm still in that old school mind set that Paladins are up in the fight, not hanging back. I feel like as long as I'm not going oom, letting people die and keeping cleanses going I am doing my job. I've caught a little crap for this but I'm not sure it's warranted. Am I wrong on this?
If you're performance is where it should be then I don't see a problem. I usually just run around and jump a lot to make people think I'm busy. Kind of like right now at work... I am looking super serious as I type this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kafq7yrKAOQ
Holy paladins are considered ranged so standing in meele during any fight that has mechanics that target only ranged is bad.
Not entirely wrong - Seal of Insight generates mana for Holy spec, and until our class' ranged abilities count as melee (i.e. prolly never) it's a viable strategy. Equally if you have the Battle Healer glyph.

Abikis is right, though - effects that target ranged party members (like Lei Shen's Diffusion Chain) will target Holy paladins, so being grouped up with a bunch of melee characters is not always advisable. So it's kind of situational. I tend to stay at ranged unless I'm OOM, then get into melee and beat on something to help my mana regen.
I lived Wrath as a melee Holy Paladin.

I miss Judgement of Wisdom.
Not entirely wrong - Seal of Insight generates mana for Holy spec, and until our class' ranged abilities count as melee (i.e. prolly never) it's a viable strategy. Equally if you have the Battle Healer glyph.

Abikis is right, though - effects that target ranged party members (like Lei Shen's Diffusion Chain) will target Holy paladins, so being grouped up with a bunch of melee characters is not always advisable. So it's kind of situational. I tend to stay at ranged unless I'm OOM, then get into melee and beat on something to help my mana regen.

I think you missed the patch note where seal of insight no longer regenerates mana.

SoI doesn't have anything to do with mana anymore.

SoI doesn't have anything to do with mana anymore.

Really? I thought that was just for the melee classes.

Well then, nix what I said. ^_^
They should bring back the mana regen aspect of SoL for Holy. :(

/looks at Glyph of Efflorescence in jealousy