"Tripping the Rifts" Pre-Cata Achievement

Quests
So I've destroyed a good number of elemental rifts in multiple areas and I've been able to do and turn in the quest 2 or 3 times yet no achievement seems to pop up... am i missing something? or doing something wrong?
Make sure you've destroyed a rift tied to each elemental type. You should get the achiev. once you've done all 4 types.
There are four types of elemental rift which need destroying; Wind, Fire, Water, Earth. You dont need to hand in the quest to get it is fairly easy 13g.
Yeah, I got the achievement just fine ^.^ As soon as the rift closes on the final element type then the achievement pops up. Ta da!
There is no tracker and no quest giver for this achievement. You need to close one of each of the four rift types. They spawn in several locations: http://cata.wowhead.com/achievement=4887/tripping-the-rifts

To close the rift, you do not actually attack the rift itself, but you kill the elementals that are spawning around it. Once you kill 10 elementals, the rift automatically closes. If the rift is in your level range (Northrend rifts only for you), then the closed rift will leave behind a "Mysterious Device" that you can turn in for gold in any of the major cities.

I believe it still counts towards the achievement if you close a rift in lower level areas, but you won't get the gold reward for closing them.
There was mention by someone on the old boards that you need to close all 4 types in one day.

After several days of not seeing ANY rifts, I decided to buckle down and fly around Northrend looking for rifts, using the WoWhead guide. It took about 2.5 hours to get the achievement. I also got a rare NPC!
There was mention by someone on the old boards that you need to close all 4 types in one day.

I can verify that this is not true. I destroyed my first rift the same day that they started appearing. All of the others, I destroyed on the next day.
I was doing the World Explorer Achieve and I just ran around killing them all. Once you get them all you get your achieve. I did mine in about an hour.
Does not matter when you killed a rift (hour/day/week), you are "marked" for they element you did clsoe down and can move onward til you find the time to get the rest. The FoS will be gained once you finish with the fourth rift.

This can be done fairly easily now, with a lot less flying about. The rifts created as part of the elemental invasions in IF & SW, Org & TB also give you the required credit when they close near you. So you should be able to get at least two and potentially all four in one invasion.
Yup. Earth and Fire are in Org. I assume wind/thunder are in TB.
Yup. Earth and Fire are in Org. I assume wind/thunder are in TB.

Right, same for Alliance (two in SW, other two in IF, mass exodus in between).

However, if you aren't at least 70+, you'll probably have an easier time closing them outside of the cities. I haven't tried joining in with a toon below 70 to see what happens, but did notice a level 14 gnome following someone last night in SW. No idea if she got credit.

I can verify that this is not true. I destroyed my first rift the same day that they started appearing. All of the others, I destroyed on the next day.

Same. When they're closed doesn't matter, just that you helped close them. Having the buffs doesn't matter either.
The achievement is a Feat of Strength. That is why it isnt trackable

Just to clarify, it is possible to track feats of strength.. /run AddTrackedAchievement(XXX) where XXX is the number for the achievement (which can be obtained from wowhead in the URL link when looking at the achievement... not sure where or if you can find achievement numbers on armory like you can for item numbers).

Tripping the Rifts, however, does not track the individual rift types when you track the achievement this way. It just has one thing it tracks that just says close a rift of every type - the four aren't listed individually, so you cannot track partial completion for Tripping the Rifts.
Go in org / tb and chill by the rift. Ive gotten the feat on all of my alts including my level 55 warlock and 60 hunter from the invasion event.
ive done both sw and IF but still no ach, and i was doing them when they started and nothing, possible u cant get it anymore or its glitched for me?