Dial in Authenticators?

Customer Support
Did anyone else notice a new news post on the home page? It was something about dial-in authenticators. I clicked on it, and it went to the "four oh four" error page. When I went back to the home page it was gone. Am I going crazy?

Edit:

It is back.

Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator Now Available

Learn how to take your account's security to the next level.
wat
wat
Yes, I had the same problem. But it's back and working now.
I mimic these sentiments.

wat
From the looks of it, I'd assume it's some way to use your Authenticator over their phone service. This would be very handy, for when you need to get phone help for your account without needing to have all kinds of other pieces of information.

Although realistically, the vast majority of people who call their help lines seem to be people whose accounts were hacked (partly because of a lack of authenticator), or to remove an authenticator they don't have access to (the keychain one is out of batteries, or they forgot to remove their smart phone one before an OS update).
... I still have no idea what is going on in this thread.
"Hello? India? Yes, my account name is..."
Oh I see it now. Pretty cool that Blizzard is providing this service free of charge.
Yea apparently it is there now. I guess they just added it to the list of news before having the actual page created.
I wish this could be used alongside the regular authenticator. Another layer of security never hurts, especially since this layer is so unobtrusive to those who do not travel much.
From the looks of it, I'd assume it's some way to use your Authenticator over their phone service. This would be very handy, for when you need to get phone help for your account without needing to have all kinds of other pieces of information.

Although realistically, the vast majority of people who call their help lines seem to be people whose accounts were hacked (partly because of a lack of authenticator), or to remove an authenticator they don't have access to (the keychain one is out of batteries, or they forgot to remove their smart phone one before an OS update).

I'm not sure if this was posted before the FAQ was up or not, but I'm gonna quote this here for future readers too:

What is the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator?

The Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator is an optional tool that offers Battle.net account users an additional layer of security to help prevent unauthorized account access. If you sign up for the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator, you will be asked to make a toll-free phone call from a specific phone of your choosing to authorize login attempts with the associated Battle.net account. You will be asked to make this phone call when something is unusual about the login attempt. For example, you may be asked to call when you play World of Warcraft from a different location than you normally do.

How does the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator work?

When the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator's protection activates, you will see a message displaying a toll-free phone number when you attempt to log in. Simply call this number and enter your PIN plus a single-use security code that we display on your game screen, and your login should complete within seconds.

Their new authentication system does not so far appear to have any contact with a human, just an automated machine that you punch a couple of sequences into before you can log in.
Well good thing its free or this would be devistating to ones phone bill 0.0