ShadowBurn: A Warlock's Grimoire (OutDated)

Warlock
Prev 1 6 7 8 17 Next
Bumping for the day.
Just a quick question on the mouseover soul swap macro. I tried using it an keep getting the message spell not learned. I am able to iniate the soul swap but then I have to click on exhale soul (i think) seperately on my toolbar. Any thoughts?

Edit: spelling
12/19/2010 3:52 PMPosted by Flaysan
Just a quick question on the mouseover soul swap macro. I tried using it an keep getting the message spell not learned. I am able to iniate the soul swap but then I have to click on exhale soul (i think) seperately on my toolbar. Any thoughts?

Edit: spelling

Mmmmm sounds like a bug at 85. The macro works perfectly at 80. Let me recheck my macros.

What usually happens with me is Click my soulswap keybind and it inhales on my current target and then when i mouseover the add and reclick it the macro sends soulswap out. Logging in game to make sure i have it typed out right.

Maybe i mistyped it. Here is the copy and paste of the spell.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, exists] []Soul Swap

If your still having issues it might be a bug and should be reported.
Yup that is the macro I used, just copied and pasted it when I nabbed it. Not at home right now so I can't make sure its 100% correct, but when I played this morning I was unable to do the swap, inhale was fine, but no exhale. Heh Clinton would be screwed.
Have to say the worgen starting zone was Epic win.

But im more of a goblin lover and I was saving the best for last =)

PVE QUICK START GUIDE

CHANTS

Head-Arcanum of Hyjal
Shoulders-Felfire inscription if a scribe otherwise Greater inscription of Charged Loadstone
Chest-Peerless stats
Back-If a tailor Lightweave embroidery rank 2 otherwise Greater Intellect (50intell)
Wrists-if a Leatherworker use Draconic Embossment - Intellect, otherwise Greater speed
Gloves-Haste: greater mastery (65mastery)
Legs-if a tailor Master's spellthread rank 2 otherwise Powerful enchanted spellthread.
Boots-Lavawalker.
Rings-Intellect (40 intell)
Weapon-Enchant weapon Power surge
Offhand-Superior Intellect

Few things about this. FIrst you should mention alternative chants. I was one of the first 525 enchanters (I think the first one in my guild at least) and while I have purchased lava walker at least I have yet to enchant anything with it. Maelstrom Crystals are required and simply impossible to come by right now. I don't think anyone on the server has even learned power surge yet. So barring that there is some alternative enchants, like hurricane and precision that should be mentioned until these higher level ones are possible to get.

STATS

Intellect>hit to 17%>haste>crit=mastery

Not entirely accurate, I dont know about affliction right now, but as demo mastery is almost worthless, so always get crit over it. Destro is a tad more complicated though. that order holds true until you're in raid epics, then it starts to change to crit > mastery > haste actually with crit being better than haste almost by a ratio of 2:1
12/20/2010 6:24 AMPosted by Esson
PVE QUICK START GUIDE

CHANTS

Head-Arcanum of Hyjal
Shoulders-Felfire inscription if a scribe otherwise Greater inscription of Charged Loadstone
Chest-Peerless stats
Back-If a tailor Lightweave embroidery rank 2 otherwise Greater Intellect (50intell)
Wrists-if a Leatherworker use Draconic Embossment - Intellect, otherwise Greater speed
Gloves-Haste: greater mastery (65mastery)
Legs-if a tailor Master's spellthread rank 2 otherwise Powerful enchanted spellthread.
Boots-Lavawalker.
Rings-Intellect (40 intell)
Weapon-Enchant weapon Power surge
Offhand-Superior Intellect

Few things about this. FIrst you should mention alternative chants. I was one of the first 525 enchanters (I think the first one in my guild at least) and while I have purchased lava walker at least I have yet to enchant anything with it. Maelstrom Crystals are required and simply impossible to come by right now. I don't think anyone on the server has even learned power surge yet. So barring that there is some alternative enchants, like hurricane and precision that should be mentioned until these higher level ones are possible to get.

Good point. Ill add some alternatives.

STATS

Intellect>hit to 17%>haste>crit=mastery

Not entirely accurate, I dont know about affliction right now, but as demo mastery is almost worthless, so always get crit over it. Destro is a tad more complicated though. that order holds true until you're in raid epics, then it starts to change to crit > mastery > haste actually with crit being better than haste almost by a ratio of 2:1

Im well aware of this and went over it in the demo/destro sections. What you are quoting is my quick start guide for people who dont care about max dps and just want to do passable dps. Ill add in some more specifics for destro and demo though.
Bump on my Goblin!!!
Bump again
Bump
Bump
Only a few days on my subscription left then im going on hiatus for the coming semester.

So till then BUMP
Bump
Destruction
Stats after reaching a haste threshold (lvl 85):
hit to cap> Intellect > haste | mastery > crit

Stats at a haste threshold (lvl 85):
hit to cap > intellet | haste > mastery > crit

Fix't
12/23/2010 1:15 AMPosted by Harlk
Destruction
Stats after reaching a haste threshold (lvl 85):
hit to cap> Intellect > haste | mastery > crit

Stats at a haste threshold (lvl 85):
hit to cap > intellet | haste > mastery > crit

Fix't

No intellect is more important than hit.

Warlock_Destruction_T11_372 Sta=0.0173 Int=3.1736 SP=2.3941 Hit=2.3418 Crit=1.1760 Haste=0.7598 Mastery=1.0126

These are the latest scale factors from EJ. As you can see Intellect/SP is more important than hit.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t110222-simulationcraft_warlocks_cataclysm_edition/

At haste thresholds you will get another tick of immolate which will increase your dps more than intellect can. At these points haste>all.
bump
Well my accounts ends today. Im hoping to come back after the coming semester and i'm willing to bet that there still wont be any stickies in this forum =P

Predictions before my account is frozen:

Drain life will be nerfed: They dont want dps having too much self healing and want afflictions filler to be shadowbolt

Lash of Pain glyph will be nerfed: They wont let succubus be better than felguard for demo and felhunter for affl.

ISF will not be changed: They never got rid of the talent ruin throughout wrath and i doubt they would change ISF. But if im wrong place your talent points into dark arts and mana feed affl locks.

Fear will be nerfed: There does not go by a single expansion without a fear nerf.

Players will continue to ask if nightfall and glyph of corruption stack: yes they do.

Finally this guide wont be stickied: Comon blizzard prove me wrong!
She will be back in a week i bet.
i'm kind of confused about what haste i should be hitting and have been blindingly dumping a ton of stats into haste (still doing mad dmg but always wanting more) op posted

for immolate: DI+ImpSF+5% : 1tick (inherent), 2ticks (4.52%/NA/579), 3ticks (20.61%/NA/2639), 4ticks (36.69%/NA/4698), 5ticks (52.77%/NA/6757)

is it safe to say 3 ticks is a safe haste to aim for heroic dungeon -beginning raids? and is 20.61%/2639 supposed to be my haste b4 buffs? If it is after what is the haste i need before buffs for 3 ticks, because freakin char sheet doesn't update haste with buffs for whatever reason.
Come back soon, Vaydra! Your guide has been a great resource for me as I learn the class.

ISF will not be changed: They never got rid of the talent ruin throughout wrath and i doubt they would change ISF. But if im wrong place your talent points into dark arts and mana feed affl locks.

If they make felpuppy and shadowbolt best for affliction for flavor reasons, there's really no reason for them not to take ISF out. Besides being antithetical to Blizzard's new design philosophy for talents, it simply doesn't mesh well with the affliction play style.

Anyways, best of luck with your semester, we'll miss you!