Enahncement tree question

Shaman
There are two enhancement talents in the tree that kinda kill each other, but its almost necessary to get both to go farther in tree. Imp Fire Nova, increases dmg and range bla bla. Imp searing totem, adds a DoT to it, but fire nova isn't usable with searing totem. Why is this? Its a fire totem, I personally think it killed the tree, two talents that kill each other but most get them just to go farther in the tree. IMO make searing totem usable with fire nova again.

If anyone can explain to me why these two things are right beside each other in the tree, but yet kill each other, please please do!
sometimes blizz for whatever reason really really wants to hold onto a talent even if they make it obsolete -.-

imp fire nova is for aoe packs with magma totem. i cant attest for how good it is as i'm resto/elem, but i agree its very counter productive having a talent for only trash :/

blizz was set on enhance not using fire nova in single target rotation, so they made searing totem mandatory and took fire nova away from it on purpose. I Don't see them putting it back on searing any time soon
You can easily make it to the bottom of the tree without Imp Fire Nova, and with much more valuable talents.

In any situation where AoE damage is really that important, you should prolly use Magma anyways.
Gonna have to say the same thing as the others... Fire Nova is completely optional. Few bosses require AoEing.

I might grab it on my 2nd spec (for soloing old content and maybe the occasional tanking of normal difficulty 5-man instances), but I expect that pretty much all serious raiding Shamans will skip it entirely.
I can see maybe getting Toughness or something, but nothing looks that great.

You know, I might have taken Toughness if the tooltip didn't basically translate into:

"Increases all fall damage taken. Additionally, because you are DPS, this talent doesn't really do anything beneficial for you."
Improved shields means more dps... rather low increase, but an increase none the less.

Enhancement is broken atm. According to Blizz, everything will scale better at 85 with our new moves and gear. Which is fine, but currently I took a 3k dps drop on bosses like Saurfang and Festergut and that makes me a very sad panda.

You guys aren't understanding, you can get all the decent talents, but to go alllll the way down the tree you stuck by taking at least one point in imp ghost wolf, imp Fire nova, toughness, or imp totem range. NONE of these are that beneficial for a raider, totem range is alrdy as wide as it neeeds to be for any boss fight, if they would change fire nova back to being usable with searing totem, this could add a little dps to enhancement, and make it useful for a raider. Fire nova used to be apart of the rotation, not all that essential but it was usable none the less. Now they have it where your getting at least one very useless talent and wasting a point. I'm just wanting to see FIRE nova usable with all FIRE totems again. Made more sense this way.
You guys aren't understanding, you can get all the decent talents, but to go alllll the way down the tree you stuck by taking at least one point in imp ghost wolf, imp Fire nova, toughness, or imp totem range.

Let me stop you right there. Ancestral swiftness is a godsend. Enhancement has always been one of the slowest melee specs. Speed increases have been proven to be dps increases in movement fights.

*Edit* Talent name
Instant Ghost Wolf (and 15% movement speed) is a dps talent. That's what I'm taking instead of fire nova.

You guys aren't understanding, you can get all the decent talents, but to go alllll the way down the tree you stuck by taking at least one point in imp ghost wolf, imp Fire nova, toughness, or imp totem range. NONE of these are that beneficial for a raider, totem range is alrdy as wide as it neeeds to be for any boss fight, if they would change fire nova back to being usable with searing totem, this could add a little dps to enhancement, and make it useful for a raider. Fire nova used to be apart of the rotation, not all that essential but it was usable none the less. Now they have it where your getting at least one very useless talent and wasting a point. I'm just wanting to see FIRE nova usable with all FIRE totems again. Made more sense this way.

why would you not fill out Ghostwolf talent points?

This. Getting out of fire, contrary to popular belief, is not a bad thing. The improved movement speed also applies to when you're in your normal form (i.e. non-shape shifted) so...