Norushen enrage

General Discussion
So I am seeing different things from sites.. is his enrage actually 7 minutes? This proving pretty hard for my guild to take down in that amount of time just want a confirmation.
Yeah.

If the rest of your guild has similar gear to you hitting the enrage is more a sign of a strat / mechanics problem than a numbers issue.
His enrage timer is indeed 7 minutes. Do you have a plan beforehand on what order people are using the orb?
Yes we do, our dps is struggling overall I guess other than me, we are trying to work out a good priority to maximize damage.
The fight is more puzzle than anything else.

If you're not making a list of who to send in and when, and how your managing the corruption, you're gonna get bunked.
09/26/2013 09:34 PMPosted by Xavion
So I am seeing different things from sites.. is his enrage actually 7 minutes? This proving pretty hard for my guild to take down in that amount of time just want a confirmation.
He actually has a buff on him that says 7 mins and the Quarentine Measures is the enrage so after his buff falls off, you die.
What order are you sending people down?

What damage are people actually doing?
Are you 2 or 3 healing?
We have it set-up, I think our members are just struggling to pull the dps required to down him.. hmm
2 healing, couldnt afford 3

I am topping dps at 170k+ our others are floating at 130k or less for some, we are trying to get our dps purified faster to get damage up
We have it set-up, I think our members are just struggling to pull the dps required to down him.. hmm
Then keep trying, and keep re-examining your teams output.

Sometimes you hit a rut and have to keep pushing.
It may help to keep track of how long people are in the test as the longer they're down under, the longer it draws out the fight. Then consult with those who are under the longest and find ways to optimize their DPS or healing during their test.

If people are really having probs with the test, have them do Proving Grounds and work towards Gold. It's been helpful as I've noticed that some raiders have let their soloing skills falter.

I first did this fight as a disc priest, and the first guides out there pretty much say to just atone the whole thing. And I could, but it would take almost the whole 45s for me to get out. But healing the NPCs to full is a better DPS increase, so now I Halo/bubble/PoH and only atone when the group is topped off. I'd get out ~10 sec earlier. And we needed the extra smite dps on the boss too--our first kill was with two seconds to spare!
Also, if you're doing this already, great! But once DPS are cleansed they should never soak orbs again. Only tanks and healers.
The adds, even if a player has full corruption will take normal damage.

The best way of handling the Norushen order is sending your strongest single target DPS down first and having your Multidotters destroy adds, since they can deal more of their relative damage and thus burn the boss down as quickly as possible.
Give me your purification order and I will tell you how to do it.

Also, you do not have to two heal it.

Also, he has a debuff that indicates his enrage timer.

<3

Make sure tanks and healers are the ones collecting corruption orbs. I won't go into the specifics, but I'm experiencing similar frustrations on this fight, Xavion.
A good order is: 2 dps; tank and healer; dps and healer; tank and dps; 2 dps.

Lust when the last group is purified and you should have no issues. Tanks need to collect the corruption orbs and if there are any up near the end and the tanks can't pick anymore up, have a healer pick one up.