Change to Rated Battleground Queuing

Battlegrounds
How about adding a debuff that if you leave early that you have to skip the next bg you que for in addition...im not sure how ques go with this but if someone has to wait half an hour for a que...leaves group early you cant que again till its over, once its over you have to que, when que pops up a different than usual screen pops up saying you could of joined this bg if only you didnt leave the previous one, please que again and wait for the next available bg. Then you have to wait for that one to complete before being allowed to que again.

Edit: so for bailing on a bg early you end up waiting a total of half an hour for first bg + time it took for it to complete + que time for next so half an hour again + time it took to complete + another que so another half an hour = well a long time.
It's a step in the right direction, but I think we all agree that it's a mighty small step. There's going to need to be a lot more work done (like, I don't know, preventing negative MMR?) before people think blizzard takes RBGs seriously.
09/27/2013 03:29 AMPosted by Onaeva
This seems like a pointless and bad change. Some people would rather surrender (have your whole team leave) and try again instead of losing slow and painfully.

How about this:
    Accept your losses graciously,
    Leave the BG when it's finished,
    Work on your coordination,
    Requeue and win.

That seems like the logical conclusion.

Yeah, it's a real rewarding learning experience to get stomped by a legitimate 2500 team when you're running an alt PuG group because, for some reason, you queued into them.

Granted, those groups usually don't bother with farming sub 2k teams, but maybe that's because those teams leave instantly when they realize they've queued into a team that far, far, far outmatches them.

How about adding a debuff that if you leave early that you have to skip the next bg you que for in addition...im not sure how ques go with this but if someone has to wait half an hour for a que...leaves group early you cant que again till its over, once its over you have to que, when que pops up a different than usual screen pops up saying you could of joined this bg if only you didnt leave the previous one, please que again and wait for the next available bg. Then you have to wait for that one to complete before being allowed to que again.

Edit: so for bailing on a bg early you end up waiting a total of half an hour for first bg + time it took for it to complete + que time for next so half an hour again + time it took to complete + another que so another half an hour = well a long time.

And then nobody queued for RBGs ever again.

There are legitimate reasons as to why an RBG team would want to leave a game before it's finished, and making those people wait "well a long time" because other people (read: wintraders) game the system is a ridiculously disproportionate penalty for leaving a game early.

The problem that Blizzard is trying to address here is that of wintraders, but this is a lackluster fix. They should do exactly what they did to wintraders in arenas: ban them. The precedent has already been set, and Blizzard should follow it. But apparently, for some reason, RBGs are completely different and its ladder doesn't get the same scrutinizing treatment that the arena ladders did/do.
This is a step towards breaking the ability of people to win trade. This is a good thing, is it going to stop everything? Of course not, but it's still better than nothing.

Sometimes I swear to the Doge that you people are just perpetually unhappy and would find an excuse to !@#$% about something regardless of what is was.
woah you can make dinner in 15 minutes?

Ya, hotpockets take 5 minutes to heat up, not even ;)

09/27/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Muffindiver
This is a step towards breaking the ability of people to win trade.

How? All I see this doing is taking people a bit longer. Maybe I'm missing something?
09/27/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Jugaa
woah you can make dinner in 15 minutes?

Ya, hotpockets take 5 minutes to heat up, not even ;)

09/27/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Muffindiver
This is a step towards breaking the ability of people to win trade.

How? All I see this doing is taking people a bit longer. Maybe I'm missing something?

It's going to make it more difficult to time up queues, and then be able to do it one after another, after another.

Keep in mind this is to discourage WIN TRADING, which is NOT the same as getting boosted.
then there are guys floating above the 3k rbg rating...absurd
For surrendering -- You could add a "surrender" function. It could work similar to LFR/LFD vote kicks -- Using /forfeit (or clicking the "eye" icon on the mini map could bring up an option for surrendering. After the group leader initiates it, or at least half the team selects it, the confirmation window pops out -> "Are you sure you want to surrender?" -> "Yes / "No" -> Confirmation requires 3/5ths vote.
09/27/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Mortislux
It's going to make it more difficult to time up queues, and then be able to do it one after another, after another.

Again, how? Aren't wintraders over vent with each other and can communicate when they are queuing up? I just feel like this will make it take longer, not harder.
What is the point of this? To punish trade pick up groups who have a leaver?

No. To punish rage quitters and those who think that they're above everyone else in their group. IMO they should add this to regular battlegrounds as well and not just rated ones.
Do you lose rating for leaving a group? Never been the jerk to try lol. Kind of a lax punishment in my opinion.

No you don't lose rating for leaving, only for losing. If ya leave early, be prepared to get some back lash though
09/27/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Jawaka

No. To punish rage quitters and those who think that they're above everyone else in their group. IMO they should add this to regular battlegrounds as well and not just rated ones.

They have the 15 minute debuff for "deserters" which is longer than some bgs last
Confused as to why people who don't even RBG are chiming in on this topic and completely try to de-rail the thread, so confused. O_o
Its funny becuz the top rbg players are like 2.2-2500 while the random no namers are 3k+ with no arena etc exp.

2500? highest legitimate player in the US right now is in my group at 2354 (nickolas-tichondrius). The ladders arent even close to lreal, you have to go to page 3 or 4 to even see him. I think its funny blizzard still hasnt implemented a rating ceiling/floor that would prevent queue exploitation altogether. Also, the current tabard at 2500 is a pathetic joke seeing as no one is getting that without mmr cheating this season at all. Stupid people in charge=dead game. Blizzard most likely being funded by chinese sweatshops where most of the exploitation is taking place. Even our tabards are getting outsourced
I really wish they would do something like this (from League of Legends site):

Leaver Buster is an automated system that Riot implemented to discourage players from leaving League of Legends matches.

Leaving the game during champion selection:

Punishment (normal match):

1st offense - Player is unable to join the matchmaking queue for 6 minutes.

2nd and following offenses - Player is unable to join the matchmaking queue for 15 minutes.

In addition to the above time penalties if the game was a ranked match, the player loses 3 League Points, for the first offense and 10LP for the second time before the timer reset.
This counter resets after 8 hours without leaving during champion select.

This counter is shared between normal and ranked.

Leaving the game before the match is over:

The Leaver Buster system will automatically kick players who remain idle for 5 minutes.

Punishment (All): No XP/IP granted for the abandoned game

Punishment (Normal Match): A leave is added to the player's profile.

Punishment (Ranked Match): A loss is added to the player's profile. (Even if the players team wins)

If a game doesn't end (for example for server issues, or because every player left the match), no penalties are given out.

After receiving a certain number of leaves, which varies depending on the total number of games played and the distance in time between each leave, the player account gets first warned and then suspended for increasingly long periods of time, resulting in a permanent ban for re-iterated offenses.
09/27/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Jawaka

They have it, it's called Deserter, which doesn't prevent you from entering rBGs. This is a move in the right direction, now can you clean up the PvP ladders? Give win-traders their own ladder, guys like this awesome hunter in a dress: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Ionstenna/simple
10/03/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Frackoff

They have it, it's called Deserter, which doesn't prevent you from entering rBGs. This is a move in the right direction, now can you clean up the PvP ladders? Give win-traders their own ladder, guys like this awesome hunter in a dress: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Ionstenna/simple

How the fok this guy have all games won and that gear? Cheating of course, and I remember when I got suspended because some1 reported me for being "afk" or "boting" doing random bg's (when I was not ofc) becouse the system got to many reports of people and decided to suspend my account, lol. Illarious couse I was reporting a lot of afkers, couse was the start of a season and we all know that at the start there are lot of those players only farming honor. Sad...