Alysrazor solo 5.4?

Hunter
Due to 5.4 changes, how are you guys managing to solo Alysrazor? In particular Harsh Winds during the tornado phase.

Normally you could double deterrence + double Exhilliration to get by, but yeah Readiness is with God now.

Spirit Bond and Aspect of the IH dont seem to cut it, any suggestions?
I've been soloing it since 5.2 just by going SV and killing her before the Harsh Winds. Now I do it even faster as MM.
I've been soloing it since 5.2 just by going SV and killing her before the Harsh Winds. Now I do it even faster as MM.

for real? I had no idea we could solo firelands bosses, do you go up in the air phase? what about the adds down below if you are up?
09/29/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Whissie
Due to 5.4 changes, how are you guys managing to solo Alysrazor? In particular Harsh Winds during the tornado phase.

I, um, kill her about three seconds after she lands... Need to pull about 200k (including the haste/crit buffs) to pull that off, though.

09/30/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Vannessa
for real? I had no idea we could solo firelands bosses, do you go up in the air phase? what about the adds down below if you are up?

Go up in the air at the start, fly close to her, and fly through every ring you can (but don't let her get too far away or she despawns and the whole thing resets -- this is most problematic when she swoops down to cleave across the ground). You've got enough gear that you should be able to finish her off right before/around the time she lands and starts spawning fire tornadoes, meaning no need to worry about anything.
09/30/2013 08:23 PMPosted by Bor

I, um, kill her about three seconds after she lands... Need to pull about 200k (including the haste/crit buffs) to pull that off, though.

Go up in the air at the start, fly close to her, and fly through every ring you can (but don't let her get too far away or she despawns and the whole thing resets -- this is most problematic when she swoops down to cleave across the ground). You've got enough gear that you should be able to finish her off right before/around the time she lands and starts spawning fire tornadoes, meaning no need to worry about anything.

I was never able to finish her before having to land (as in, not even close) but I was also doing it as SV. Is the haste that amazing for MM? I assume it's pretty much just hard-casting aimed Shots?
09/30/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Pengalor
I was never able to finish her before having to land (as in, not even close) but I was also doing it as SV. Is the haste that amazing for MM? I assume it's pretty much just hard-casting aimed Shots?

I did it as SV in the gear I'm wearing right now (the first time I tried it was actually only two days ago -- took me two attempts, as I accidentally reset her the first time). If you tried it with less gear, you might look at retrying now, as it should be possible right around ilvl 540 -- if you find you're close, but not quite there, grab a flask, some food, and some LW drums (Kings/Rage) -- that should push you over.

You could try MM, though, if you're comfortable with it as a spec. It would probably get a bit more of a benefit out of the buffs on the fight.
10/01/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Bor

I did it as SV in the gear I'm wearing right now (the first time I tried it was actually only two days ago -- took me two attempts, as I accidentally reset her the first time). If you tried it with less gear, you might look at retrying now, as it should be possible right around ilvl 540 -- if you find you're close, but not quite there, grab a flask, some food, and some LW drums (Kings/Rage) -- that should push you over.

You could try MM, though, if you're comfortable with it as a spec. It would probably get a bit more of a benefit out of the buffs on the fight.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I did indeed try it with much worse gear (no meta or cloak even) so it's worth another try.
Anyone know what the required Ilvl for hunters to solo this would be?
If it helps anyone at all, after reading this forum, I went in on my 568 SV do try Alys. I've got 55 attempts at mount, but never solo (did a lot of 10/25 runs through OpenRaid to help people get their legendary and heroic/meta achieves and whatnot), so I am familiar with the fight, though I've always managed ground mechanics as a raid leader and never really flown.

Anyway, with nothing more than the crystal of insanity and a 300 food buff, I downed her in 2:25 with 253k dps on my recount. I ended up with about 18 stacks of the ring haste buff, and she fell over right at the end of her second strafing run. I pulled right about the 300k mark on all bosses in my guild H-SoO last night. Hopefully you can use the numbers from my character and this attempt to figure out how easy it would be for you to solo it on your own hunter. :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRNxxZKD18E Me soloing it with massive lag missing half the rings its not hard on HEROIC i might add.
01/08/2014 04:38 PMPosted by Galiri
Anyone know what the required Ilvl for hunters to solo this would be?

i did it about 520 ish. Depending on spec etc it could be lower or higher.