Is the Razzashi Hatchling item to be removed?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 14 Next
Nice. Even though major gold speculators won't really feel it, it is a nice change :)
Cool. Just bought 8 over the past couple of weeks, based on the that fact that they would be unobtainable in Cataclysm. Awesome. Any chance I can get my 40k gold back?

I feel bad for the people that put in time farming these to make a profit. I DO NOT feel any pity for those like you that snatch them up on the AH to turn a buck. Actually, I like to see things like this happen to AH mongrels! Good day sir.
Cool. Just bought 8 over the past couple of weeks, based on the that fact that they would be unobtainable in Cataclysm. Awesome. Any chance I can get my 40k gold back?

Lol you were spending 5kg per pet? Wow you were getting ripped, hard.

Prices change depending on server? They were selling for 7k, I got relatively cheap for my server, especially since they would have sold for 20k+ in Cataclysm had they been removed.

It would have been okay if you had decided to remove them.
It would have been okay if you had decided to keep them.
It is not okay that you posted one thing and then decided to do the other.

If you aren't 100% about a decision then don't commit one way or the other.

Right.

You should add, "...but only this time since it effects me in a bad way."

You are asking Blizzard to be inflexible because you wanted to control a market on the AH. Nobody cares about your greed. Like a poster said above, every market investment carries risk. You win some, you lose some. This is how the mini-game of the AH is supposed to be.

Lol you were spending 5kg per pet? Wow you were getting ripped, hard.

Prices change depending on server? They were selling for 7k, I got relatively cheap for my server, especially since they would have sold for 20k+ in Cataclysm had they been removed.

It would have been okay if you had decided to remove them.
It would have been okay if you had decided to keep them.
It is not okay that you posted one thing and then decided to do the other.

If you aren't 100% about a decision then don't commit one way or the other.

You're the kind of person that makes it so blizzard wont give us EST.
The only people that this change has any significant effect on is the people who farmed/bought these pets to save to sell in Cataclysm. Anyone else can still get the pet for the next month. If they get unlucky and don't see one drop in ZG, they can buy one off the AH.

There must have been some reason Blizzard decided to remove it. What has changed since then? What changed your mind? People whined on the forums about low drop rate and high prices? Keep things rare and they will mean more to the people who have them. Rare pets are all some people have. Anyone and their mother can already see all the content in the game (hopefully this changes in Cataclysm), don't make every aspect including vanity pets and mounts easily available to everyone in the game.

I feel bad for the people that put in time farming these to make a profit. I DO NOT feel any pity for those like you that snatch them up on the AH to turn a buck. Actually, I like to see things like this happen to AH mongrels! Good day sir.

What is the difference between the people who farmed them to sell and bought them to resell?

One person spent a bunch of time in ZG hoping the raptor would drop so they could sell it in Cataclysm.

The other spent a bunch of time doing dailies to earn enough gold to buy the raptor so they could sell it in Cataclysm.

Right.

Read what I said. It would have been fine either way. It only changing their mind that affects anyone in a bad way.

You would be mad as well if you had bought the pet thinking you would have something that could no longer be obtained and then they changed their mind.
The only people that this change has any significant effect on is the people who farmed/bought these pets to save to sell in Cataclysm. Anyone else can still get the pet for the next month. If they get unlucky and don't see one drop in ZG, they can buy one off the AH.

There must have been some reason Blizzard decided to remove it. What has changed since then? What changed your mind? People whined on the forums about low drop rate and high prices? Keep things rare and they will mean more to the people who have them. Rare pets are all some people have. Anyone and their mother can already see all the content in the game (hopefully this changes in Cataclysm), don't make every aspect including vanity pets and mounts easily available to everyone in the game.

The only real barrier this game ever had was time. Your post comes across as being very selfish. If other people having something you have diminishes its worth to you then your problem is not the video game.

What strikes me as odd is that people still think clearing a normal mode raid or a hard mode with a huge buff is the same as clearing hard modes as released. It's not the same challenge. Yes, everyone has a chance to see how the story ends but do not insult real raiders by comparing that to their competition for server firsts and pre-nerf clears.

The blue post was about the spirit of the game. It is about enjoying something because you enjoy it. Just because many gamers have lost that does not mean developers have.

blah blah blah snowflake

They don't need a reason to change anything, ever. It's their game, they can do whatever they want, and you agreed to that when you agreed to the ToS. As stated before, they changed it because its a cool thing and they wanted people to have access to it, even in cata. Get over it.

I'm not saying they do need a reason. They didn't need a reason to remove ZG at all.

I am going to complain about it if they do something I do not like, as is my right. If you don't to see complaining when they do a complete 180, get over it.

What is the difference between the people who farmed them to sell and bought them to resell?

One person spent a bunch of time in ZG hoping the raptor would drop so they could sell it in Cataclysm.

The other spent a bunch of time doing dailies to earn enough gold to buy the raptor so they could sell it in Cataclysm.

Right.

Read what I said. It would have been fine either way. It only changing their mind that affects anyone in a bad way.

You would be mad as well if you had bought the pet thinking you would have something that could no longer be obtained and then they changed their mind.

I would not be mad. If I wanted it that bad, I would have had it long before this. If I was smart I would have read the disclaimer in the original post about removing pets. I would not be mad because I would have already known that it was a possibility.

They did not go back on anything. They are doing exactly what they said they would.

I understand that in the real world investments carry risks, but they are generally not affected by whims, and statements about the future by the group in control of that future carry some reasonable assurance that they will not do the opposite.

If this had been Blizzard's very, very first assurance on anything related to WoW content, this point could be relevant. You'd still have essentially taken an ill-fated chance, and it wouldn't be any more "Blizzard's fault", but I could empathize with you more easily. However, the history of this game has provided TONS of examples of Blizzard going back on EXPLICIT guarantees.

- PvE--->PvP server transfers
-The Insane will be available in Cata...except it won't...but yes it will (last part did only come out today, admittedly)
- Not worth resources to make Azeroth flying-mount accessible, OR heroics of old-world dungeons
- We'll remove hard-to-achieve mounts before they are trivialized...until 3.2!!!

There are probably other big ones too that I can't remember at the moment, but I think this is enough. My point is, do not place full assurance in what Big Blue says. They're going to do whatever it takes to make t3h mon13z, and in this case, it was leaving a rare companion in-game (in SOME, as-yet-unspecified form), despite recently saying it's time was running out. They even left the door open for just this, by specifying in that same post that their plans could change. If you still literally banked on these hatchlings becoming an uber-rare commodity, you took the very real and ultimately realized chance the expected returns would be lost.

In a nutshell: you made an investment (as did I, albeit a smaller one), and it didn't pay out. That's the way it goes. Don't yell and point fingers out of passion, accept the fact that these things happen and that it's not due to negligence, or malice, or anything like that, and move on. And next time, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I'll return to this thread tomorrow, but I'm hitting the hay now. Peace.

I understand that in the real world investments carry risks, but they are generally not affected by whims, and statements about the future by the group in control of that future carry some reasonable assurance that they will not do the opposite.

If this had been Blizzard's very, very first assurance on anything related to WoW content, this point could be relevant. You'd still have essentially taken an ill-fated chance, and it wouldn't be any more "Blizzard's fault", but I could empathize with you more easily. However, the history of this game has provided TONS of examples of Blizzard going back on EXPLICIT guarantees.

- PvE--->PvP server transfers
-The Insane will be available in Cata...except it won't...but yes it will (last part did only come out today, admittedly)
- Not worth resources to make Azeroth flying-mount accessible, OR heroics of old-world dungeons
- We'll remove hard-to-achieve mounts before they are trivialized...until 3.2!!!

There are probably other big ones too that I can't remember at the moment, but I think this is enough. My point is, do not place full assurance in what Big Blue says. They're going to do whatever it takes to make t3h mon13z, and in this case, it was leaving a rare companion in-game (in SOME, as-yet-unspecified form), despite recently saying it's time was running out. They even left the door open for just this, by specifying in that same post that their plans could change. If you still literally banked on these hatchlings becoming an uber-rare commodity, you took the very real and ultimately realized chance the expected returns would be lost.

In a nutshell: you made an investment (as did I, albeit a smaller one), and it didn't pay out. That's the way it goes. Don't yell and point fingers out of passion, accept the fact that these things happen and that it's not due to negligence, or malice, or anything like that, and move on. And next time, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I'll return to this thread tomorrow, but I'm hitting the hay now. Peace.

I know that I was taking a risk, and completely agree with you, but I am still going to let people know that I am not happy, as I did with most of the changes you listed (especially the changes from Naxx to Ulduar with the mounts).

blah blah blah snowflake

They don't need a reason to change anything, ever. It's their game, they can do whatever they want, and you agreed to that when you agreed to the ToS. As stated before, they changed it because its a cool thing and they wanted people to have access to it, even in cata. Get over it.

I'm not saying they do need a reason. They didn't need a reason to remove ZG at all.

I am going to complain about it if they do something I do not like, as is my right. If you don't to see complaining when they do a complete 180, get over it.
But they didn't really do a complete 180. Blizzard told us that they were taking the ZG mounts/pets out of the game but there was a possibility they might be brought back if they found a spot for them.

Guess what, they found that spot for the pet. I don't see how that is pulling a 180 on their decision.
making an official announcement the hatchling would no longer be available, knowing full well people would spend lots of time and effort to farm it feverishly before it goes away, and then suddenly saying it actually will still be available, thus making the item entirely less valuable (potentially worthless depending on how it is obtained) and the time some of us spent a waste, is sort of unethical imo.

When we made the original announcement last month that certain pets and mounts would be removed, it was to inform players of changes that could potentially impact their gameplay. We know that there are many avid collectors out there and, whenever possible, we want to give players notice when a favorite item might be removed. In that same announcement, we also clarified that, while we didn't have any current plans to re-introduce the specified pets and mounts, if we happened to find a suitable location to add them back in, we would certainly consider it.

Totally reasonable, right?

Since then, we found an appropriate place for the Razzashi Hatchling, and it felt like a good opportunity to restore a pet beloved by so many. Naturally, we were excited to share this information with all of you, as we knew a lot of players were saddened to hear about the little guy's initial departure. There was no malicious intent, no crazy conspiracy behind this decision. We saw an opportunity to make the game more enjoyable that meshed with our design goals, and we went with it. Simple as that.

In the end, the worth of the Razzashi Hatchling isn't solely measured in gold, and it would be a fallacy to think that we create non-combat pets simply to provide players with something to sell on the Auction House for profit. To many, pets like the Razzashi Hatchling represent something fun and exciting, and that's just as valid a currency as any in World of Warcraft.

While I'm sorry you're at a financial disadvantage now, I'm hoping you're still be able to enjoy the pet for what it is (re: an adorable, head-bobbing reptilian sidekick) -- or, given that it will still be a rare pet, perhaps even find someone who will adopt it for a reasonable price. Good luck. :)

Yes yes, that's well and good. But what about the mounts!?
i read the blue post and said ah crap and dumped it off for a quick 3200g

In fact, I can confirm that the Razzashi Hatchling, being a clever and resilient little reptile, has already found a new home, and will be migrating there shortly after the shattering. ;)

I for one, just want to say thank you!