Is the Razzashi Hatchling item to be removed?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 5 6 7 14 Next
As an unabashed mini-pet lover I am very glad to hear this. Thank you!

While I'm sorry you're at a financial disadvantage now, I'm hoping you're still be able to enjoy the pet for what it is (re: an adorable, head-bobbing reptilian sidekick) -- or, given that it will still be a rare pet, perhaps even find someone who will adopt it for a reasonable price. Good luck. :)

Now if only I can get the Razzashi Raptor mount to drop to ride with the little sidekick beside him. Maybe add in a Zulian tiger non-combat pet to go with my Zulian tiger mount ^_^

In fact, I can confirm that the Razzashi Hatchling, being a clever and resilient little reptile, has already found a new home, and will be migrating there shortly after the shattering. ;)

I love you.
Looks like I will go back to farming the Orb of Deception lol
The Razzashi Hatchling is the only raptor hatchling that I don't have. They've been going for 5-6k gold on Crashridge last I bothered to check. I refuse to pay that much for it, but I haven't had any luck in having it drop in ZG. By this point I had accepted that I would never get the pet, nor the mounts. Now it's nice to know that I'll still have a shot at the pet... somewhere.
And with this news comes the price plummet of the Razzashi Hatchling.

Great news. Lowest price I've ever seen it on my server is 5k gold. I want wan because he'd match the pet I'll have on the hunter I'll make in cata.

don't make every aspect including vanity pets and mounts easily available to everyone in the game.

If they are so "easily" available, why are you buying them on the Auction House?

If I have learned anything from the economy in this game its a good idea to keep your mouth shut if you want to make money. This thread proves my point. You find the inside line on something that will make you tons of gold you keep it shut. The more people you tell the more the idea will spread and the more you cut your profits.

Now cause people started asking questions more people than I would like know about the hatchling thing know and in turn the price will plummet.

GG Noobs. Was hoping to never have to farm again after this one. :-/
Had 3 in the bank that I had farmed waiting for the shattering but I don't mind, I still made upwards of 30k selling the ones I had farmed and sold ranging from 1.5 to 7k lol
I think there should be a commitment to restore all pets to the game at some point as there are several pets that take considerable amount of time and resources to acquire, the Tiger being one of them.
making an official announcement the hatchling would no longer be available, knowing full well people would spend lots of time and effort to farm it feverishly before it goes away, and then suddenly saying it actually will still be available, thus making the item entirely less valuable (potentially worthless depending on how it is obtained) and the time some of us spent a waste, is sort of unethical imo.

When we made the original announcement last month that certain pets and mounts would be removed, it was to inform players of changes that could potentially impact their gameplay. We know that there are many avid collectors out there and, whenever possible, we want to give players notice when a favorite item might be removed. In that same announcement, we also clarified that, while we didn't have any current plans to re-introduce the specified pets and mounts, if we happened to find a suitable location to add them back in, we would certainly consider it.

Totally reasonable, right?

Since then, we found an appropriate place for the Razzashi Hatchling, and it felt like a good opportunity to restore a pet beloved by so many. Naturally, we were excited to share this information with all of you, as we knew a lot of players were saddened to hear about the little guy's initial departure. There was no malicious intent, no crazy conspiracy behind this decision. We saw an opportunity to make the game more enjoyable that meshed with our design goals, and we went with it. Simple as that.

In the end, the worth of the Razzashi Hatchling isn't solely measured in gold, and it would be a fallacy to think that we create non-combat pets simply to provide players with something to sell on the Auction House for profit. To many, pets like the Razzashi Hatchling represent something fun and exciting, and that's just as valid a currency as any in World of Warcraft.

While I'm sorry you're at a financial disadvantage now, I'm hoping you're still be able to enjoy the pet for what it is (re: an adorable, head-bobbing reptilian sidekick) -- or, given that it will still be a rare pet, perhaps even find someone who will adopt it for a reasonable price. Good luck. :)

The only problem I have is spending 5K on one of these pets because I thought it was going away, just to be told "Lol jk its still here we were fibbing".

Thanks blizz
Hmmm since the Razzashi hatchling found a new home, can we try to find the ZG mounts a new home? Please?

Been farming them way too long to lose total hope now :(
Cool. Just bought 8 over the past couple of weeks, based on the that fact that they would be unobtainable in Cataclysm. Awesome. Any chance I can get my 40k gold back?

And then you entered the real world, and realized that any investment carries risks?

I understand that in the real world investments carry risks, but they are generally not affected by whims, and statements about the future by the group in control of that future carry some reasonable assurance that they will not do the opposite.

That they mentioned *at all* that the ZG items might be put back in was a pretty big hint. Normally it's just a blanket "... is being removed and will no longer be obtainable" statement. So in this case, the 'if we find a new home for them, they'll be available again' was pretty obviously their way of saying they were looking for that new home but did not have one *right then.*
what about the raptor mount?
what about the raptor mount?

It falls into the same category of 'if/when we find an appropriate home for it, it will be available again.' They just haven't found a new home for it yet. I'd guess the pet coming back so quickly means they're actively looking for places to fit 'em.