[BUG] One DC in a BG means deserter?

Bug Report
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Is anyone from blizzard going to comment on whether this is intentional or a bug?
bump
Why hasn't this been fixed - it's very frustrating.
I'm getting the same problem. Bump!
I've seen many of these threads but no fix...
Bump for me... again.
After a DC you have a minute, literally 60 seconds to get back into game before you're dropped from the server. We've double-checked this functionality internally and as long as you get back in within that 60 seconds you should be fine.

There may be something else at play here but the DC itself shouldn't bump you off the server.
So if you DC you have 60 seconds to get back on, but how long do you have when you're just sitting still in a BG not doing anything?
After a DC you have a minute, literally 60 seconds to get back into game before you're dropped from the server. We've double-checked this functionality internally and as long as you get back in within that 60 seconds you should be fine.

There may be something else at play here but the DC itself shouldn't bump you off the server.

Yea right, perhaps if the loading screen after being dc'd didn't take 2-3 minutes to load we would be good. Honestly, this bug has been around for over a month, I've seen this complaint mentioned multiple times on the old forums by many people and I've experienced it myself. It be nice if Blizzard fixes this tomorrow with thier patch, but I'm not counting on it.
^ Isn't it ironic that all of a sudden now when you get DC'd you get stuck at the loading screen for 3 minutes, and around the same time they implement a rule that you have 60 seconds to log back on?...

The loading screen bug should have been fixed before they started doing that automatic deserter debuff.
This has also been happening to me repeatedly as well
^ Isn't it ironic that all of a sudden now when you get DC'd you get stuck at the loading screen for 3 minutes, and around the same time they implement a rule that you have 60 seconds to log back on?...

The loading screen bug should have been fixed before they started doing that automatic deserter debuff.

This! qft!
I think I've found a work-around to this.
I just DC'ed in a battleground and was able to log back in.

After you DC you'll go to the log-in screen.

DO NOT attempt to log-in.
Instead hit Alt+F4 to kill the terminate the application (game).

Then restart, and now if you try to log back it you should log into the BG (prob dead).