Next Connected Realms- Updated 10/14

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 22 Next
So at this rate we'll have all the low pops connected sometime in 2020.....
10/08/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Bashiok
The realms connected thus far were chosen specifically to help identify potential issues, and not necessarily because they would benefit the most from a connection.

Curious if realms can ever be expected to be "unconnected" as I have already expanded to Bloodscalp from Boulderfist. Is this a "test" where I may lose any cross-realm investments (mostly time) already made?

And if unconnecting becomes a decision - will there be significant warning prior to the event? I assume yes?
I just wanted to say thank you for the updates. I am very much looking forward to this feature to be able to mail BoA's to toons on different connected realms.
then why these 2???? 15k is not that low of a number.

The answer to your question is one post above yours did you not bother to read what is quoted?

10/08/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Warglaive
The realms connected thus far were chosen specifically to help identify potential issues, and not necessarily because they would benefit the most from a connection.

Curious if realms can ever be expected to be "unconnected" as I have already expanded to Bloodscalp from Boulderfist. Is this a "test" where I may lose any cross-realm investments (mostly time) already made?

And if unconnecting becomes a decision - will there be significant warning prior to the event? I assume yes?
10/08/2013 05:30 PMPosted by Goldenclaw
I am very much looking forward to this feature to be able to mail BoA's to toons on different connected realms.

Indeed. Having 15 toons on "boulderscalp" now is a very welcome convenience. =)

Oh noes, I was on here for that. I remember finding the positive and negative with CRZ. The worse was farming nodes. The best was heading into Goldshire, and being taken back to the days of BC.

Either way, it would be great if they just tested these out, and in a few weeks had CRs rolling out by the dozen.

Be patient. They are testing this NOW. Their live servers are obviously different from their internal issues that and they can see how the world reacts to it. Much better then "Hey let's give you CRZ bugged or not."

Hi.

You must be new.

There will be bugs.

Every patch, small or large, has been proceeded by hotfixes, extra downtime, etc.. You can find all the whining on the forums about the extended maintenance. Sure, some of those hotfixes are balance issues, but there are always bugs that slipped through to the final release. It happens.

I'm just really hoping that after these initial realms are connected and tested, that they will feel more comfortable with the process to release a larger number at a time. This is pretty much what they said they were going to do, but CR has been a very vague subject. Until this thread creation, there had been no updates for 2 weeks. Some players have already walked away.

Be patient. They are testing this NOW. Their live servers are obviously different from their internal issues that and they can see how the world reacts to it. Much better then "Hey let's give you CRZ bugged or not."

Hi.

You must be new.

There will be bugs.

Every patch, small or large, has been proceeded by hotfixes, extra downtime, etc.. You can find all the whining on the forums about the extended maintenance. Sure, some of those hotfixes are balance issues, but there are always bugs that slipped through to the final release. It happens.

I'm just really hoping that after these initial realms are connected and tested, that they will feel more comfortable with the process to release a larger number at a time. This is pretty much what they said they were going to do, but CR has been a very vague subject. Until this thread creation, there had been no updates for 2 weeks. Some players have already walked away.

The folks that walked away? Their loss not ours. They according to the 2nd blue post in this thread are doing the connections in this fashion to make sure there are no massive issues. As I said before with a feature this game changing I and I'm sure many others would rather they take their time than shove a broken feature out.
I know a lot of you are looking forward to having your realm connected (or even just knowing when and who you'll be connected to), but keep in mind that these initial connections are to test the various steps and results of what is a very involved and complicated process. We need to make these initial connections, nail down the processes, find and resolve any issues we run into, etc. before finalizing next steps as the results of the tests will have a direct impact on how and when we make all future connections. The realms connected thus far were chosen specifically to help identify potential issues, and not necessarily because they would benefit the most from a connection.

With Blizzcon, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all rapidly approaching, it just feels like there's not a lot of room left in the schedule this year to get CRs rolled out on a larger scale.

Hi.

You must be new.

There will be bugs.

The folks that walked away? Their loss not ours. They according to the 2nd blue post in this thread are doing the connections in this fashion to make sure there are no massive issues. As I said before with a feature this game changing I and I'm sure many others would rather they take their time than shove a broken feature out.

Not "ours"? Who are you including in your personal viewpoint? Low population/declining population has become a serious issue over the years. It has left servers unable to fill a 25man raid, nor kill a world boss. This is why they're implementing Connected Realms. CR isn't a new shiny feature for just pure fun, it's also a means to end serious issues that are affecting the player base.

Blizzard has NEVER released something that could potentially AND permanently loose data (somehow, erase data from servers, AND the backups which aren't usually stored on the same equipment).

Your fear of your characters being permanently erased will not occur. However, the fear of massive server crashing due to CR is a possibility.

Not "ours"? Who are you including in your personal viewpoint? Low population/declining population has become a serious issue over the years. It has left servers unable to fill a 25man raid, nor kill a world boss. This is why they're implementing Connected Realms. CR isn't a new shiny feature for just pure fun, it's also a means to end serious issues that are affecting the player base.

Blizzard has NEVER released something that could potentially AND permanently loose data (somehow, erase data from servers, AND the backups which aren't usually stored on the same equipment).

Your fear of your characters being permanently erased will not occur. However, the fear of massive server crashing due to CR is a possibility.

He never mentioned characters being deleted. He was reffering to the fact CRZ had a lot of bugs at first. Heck remember the double chat CRZ bug? That was ...amusing for little.
Wow. I actually played on Skullcrusher back during BWL progression and would sit in ~500 person queues to get on! Took the FCM to Spirestone when it became available. Hard to believe Skull has since died down to the point of being connected.
mentioned characters being deleted. He was reffering to the fact CRZ had a lot of bugs at first. Heck remember the double chat CRZ bug? That was ...amusing for little.

I remember that bug.

I confused his post with another persons.. and now I can't find it. My bad :(

Either way, I'm really looking forward to CR, and can only hope it gets here quicker. Even with minor bugs, it will be nice to be able to have higher populations without transferring around.
Is every server connection...going to take a couple weeks per? If so, my realm connection's probably coming out sometime next year /:
or vice versa....this doesnt help servers that are drastically unbalanced...IE darkspear/illidan/tich

Darkspear horde is basically dead compared to the alliance counterpart...same could be said for ally on illidan and tich
10/08/2013 06:18 PMPosted by Sabryn
mentioned characters being deleted. He was reffering to the fact CRZ had a lot of bugs at first. Heck remember the double chat CRZ bug? That was ...amusing for little.

I remember that bug.

I confused his post with another persons.. and now I can't find it. My bad :(

Either way, I'm really looking forward to CR, and can only hope it gets here quicker. Even with minor bugs, it will be nice to be able to have higher populations without transferring around.

I understand. Trust me, it sucks have little to no Rpers on Silver Hand. I'd transfer but...leading a guild+friends and being home realm for so long. Yeah...
And lo, the newly connected realm was dubbed BLACK DRAGONCRUSHER

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ueguv35e1qi6a28.gif
And lo, the newly connected realm was dubbed BLACK DRAGONCRUSHER

Personally if I was on that realm.. Black Dragonskull..
10/08/2013 05:27 PMPosted by Wyndoor
The point is it could be easily done, go look at a server statistics page there are tons of servers that could of just as easily been chosen over either one of them and actually give the people on these two realms a good experience.

You're missing the point; if the goal was faction balance you'd have a whole mess of Horde PvP servers connected to the really big Alliance PvP servers and then the Alliance would end up getting outnumbered anyway simply due to the sheer number of Horde-dominated PvP servers compared to the Alliance-dominated PvP servers. You would lose no matter what.
LOL i am from skullcrusher and its already a horde mob fest the solution is push this crappy ratio onto even more people and make the problem even more obvious? What exactly is this supposed to be fixing? There are countless other realms out there with opposite ratio that would actually make sense to merge and we get another horde heavy realm why?

I'd add that they are really being careful about what realms they're picking to roll out too because they don't want to run the risk of servers melting down as a result of this.

I understand that a lot of people on low-pop realms are eager for this to go live, but if it's a choice between waiting for the system to work right or getting a system online prematurely that might end up destroying characters unrecoverably... seriously, let's give them the time to iron it out.

Yeah real careful in the sense that they are combining and not making any effort to use this great opportunity to fix the faction imbalances which i assumed would of been the top priority in this.

I have to agree with you on this as it seems nothing less than missed opportunity, that is, unless both factions can PVE together in the future like you can in Rift. *shrugs* Maybe that was also why they were testing same-faction PVP.........

I have a human death knight alt on Frostmourne and its going to be amusing how they link that realm with another (if at all).