Next Connected Realms- Updated 10/14

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 22 Next
Dont care when its connected, just who ill be connected to so I can start making twinks now instead of being bored while I wait.
Alright! Approx. 4-5 months after notification and implementation, they have a grand total of FOUR realms connected and those are already high or moderately populated realms.

At this rate, they should make it to my realm, which has a whopping 200 alliance left, sometime around 2020 or 2021. I wonder if WoW will look like Fallout 3 by then?

The first 2 realms were connected shortly after 5.4 was released. That's not months, it's been a few weeks.

You must be one of those guys that wants it done yesterday because it's all just so easy & they should have beep better prepared for it & you know a guy that's dating a hamster who works for a guy that works in a datacenter somewhere that says he could do it in ten minutes.
No matter what Bliz does to test the realm connections first, there are going to be a lot of dissatisfied players. I understand that these same realms are stressed due to the A/H imbalance. It would be nice to see a better balance feature but sometimes, due to technicalities beyond my comprehension, they are selecting various realms from the same battle group/data centers and non battle group/data centers to see how things work in the various situations. What a lot of players don't understand is why not balance factions better. I'm sure they are taking the faction imbalance into extreme consideration but right now they are still testing connecting realms and working out any and all problems associated with it. I would love to see it mass produced, as it were, but I would rather wait for them test all the variables of realms before slamming it out full force and possibly causing massive crashes and other very nasty bugs and problems before hand and everything to go a lot smoother. So let Bliz do their test realms to get it right. Also please understand that these test realms need time to be connected for a little bit before players find bugs and problems, then report them as accurately and detailed as possible. This process alone takes time as I'm sure that some players that submit bug reports are not as detailed oriented as others and their reports, while valid, lack pertinent information that bliz needs to fix said problem, thereby slowing down the process. Take that into consideration so when/if your realm does get connected you will know in advance to be mindful of bugs/problems and when you submit a report you will be able to give a very detailed account so that the problem can be fixed faster.
I know a lot of you are looking forward to having your realm connected (or even just knowing when and who you'll be connected to), but keep in mind that these initial connections are to test the various steps and results of what is a very involved and complicated process. We need to make these initial connections, nail down the processes, find and resolve any issues we run into, etc. before finalizing next steps as the results of the tests will have a direct impact on how and when we make all future connections. The realms connected thus far were chosen specifically to help identify potential issues, and not necessarily because they would benefit the most from a connection.

Thank you Bash for understanding that some of us are really anxious to get this going on our own realms in hopes it will mean not playing alone anymore.
This has been my first major let down with Blizzard or this game. You promoted CRs like it would be a quick thing, hell you made it sound like it was going to be implimented on patch day, and now we have 4 friggin realms, who aren't even low pop, connected.

Drak'Tharon has literally 20 90s on at any given time and an AH that is useless because of bots that want 1k gold per sha crystal or a stack of bronze alike. Was very much hoping for connected realms to end those days, and now I imagine it will be years before you ever get around to us.

I simply do not believe you that this is that hard. You have CRZs and CRGs, yet this takes a month to do 2 realms?

Ridiculous, and I'm not happy.
I'm all for being connected to other realms but please not with moonguard. Any new person starting the game as a human on my realm will be appalled at the goldshire scene that they run into. People are into that I get it but please keep it only on moonguard. I can deal with it (though I dislike it immensely) but that kind of thing will drive many newcomers away.
I know a lot of you are looking forward to having your realm connected (or even just knowing when and who you'll be connected to), but keep in mind that these initial connections are to test the various steps and results of what is a very involved and complicated process. We need to make these initial connections, nail down the processes, find and resolve any issues we run into, etc. before finalizing next steps as the results of the tests will have a direct impact on how and when we make all future connections. The realms connected thus far were chosen specifically to help identify potential issues, and not necessarily because they would benefit the most from a connection.

I think Bashiok stated it quite clearly here and all the QQ is not helping one bit. As someone that gets to go behind engineers and fix what the screw up I would much prefer they did it this way. Fixing things after a roll out is ^10 harder than fixing it during testing.

Secondly, Blizzard has stated numerous times that this was not about Faction balance. This was about helping low to medium populations. They have also stated that they would "try" to take faction balance into account when connecting realms but that was not the ultimate goal of Connected Realms.

Finally, I am impatient for this as anyone, but it does not make or break the game. The game is what you as the player make of it. After close to 7 years in game, I can still find ways to make the game fun and/or interesting. Maybe using one's imagination might help with this.
It seems to me like it's numerically impossible to balance factions on all the PvP realms. I'm counting 17 alliance favored PvP realms out of 104 based on RealmPop. You can pair those 17 with horde favored realms to get 17 balanced realms, but then all you have left over are 87 Horde heavy realms, which get combined into 43 or so Horde heavy realms. There simply aren't enough Alliance PvP players in existence for this to work. They'd have to match PvP Horde realms to PvE Alliance realms.
did you not see the part where they said "The realms connected thus far were chosen specifically to help identify potential issues, and not necessarily because they would benefit the most from a connection." They are not trying to balance at this point. They are looking for bugs. Pay attentions to what they say instead of flipping out being your first reaction
This is ridiculous. Cancelled sub already. Blizz has flushed this game down the toilet.

You didn't cancel. If you did you wouldn't be here.
I enjoy how people moan & groan even in the face of what is going to be an amazing ingame improvement.
10/09/2013 08:21 AMPosted by Gentlebreeze
I think Bashiok stated it quite clearly here and all the QQ is not helping one bit. As someone that gets to go behind engineers and fix what the screw up I would much prefer they did it this way. Fixing things after a roll out is ^10 harder than fixing it during testing.

Um ... so why didn't they do that with CRZ? They just shoved it at us and said, "HERE! ENJOY!"

So, you're saying they should make the same mistake twice, rather than make sure a much larger undertaking is done right? Remind me to never put you in any kind of important, decision-making position.

1) Merge realms. Take some of the moderately populated servers and offer transfers to them free of charge, then have a hard closure date for those servers. YOU guys jumping the gun in BC and LK should not precedent the players taking the brunt of it.

They didn't jump the gun. Realms went from medium to waiting in queue to log in on a large scale.

2) Focus on QUALITY rather than shoving content out at a frenzied pace.

That's what they're doing. You're complaining that they don't just shove it out at a frenzied pace like they did CRZ. Make up your mind.

3) Get the player models for older races done NOW. Sure, they were cutting edge in 2005 ... but now, they're old and clunky. And pay attention to your anatomy books. My word, if I tried to turn some of these models into my teachers for credit, I'd be told to do them over.

Just lol.

Those who refuse to learn from the past are doomed to repeat the past.

Considering the meat of everything you're saying, this last quote is just so ironic. Is this teen angst, or do you just have comprehension problems?