Ganker's Kit of Ganking 2.0

Rogue
Post Limit:
Prev 1 4 5 6 13 Next
I keep my Highborne Soul Mirror on a vanish macro. Bringing out a clone that looks in stealth at the same time you disappear seems valuable whether you're running away from your foes or setting them up.

I would use this Archmage Vargoth's Staff instead. Perfect Decoy
Sticky bump
I love using my fishing chair (TCG loot card) to camp corpses in style.

Can you still by parachutes at the top of the Twin Colosus in Feralas? It Seems like there's no excuse for falling to your death any more. :D

Titanium Seal of Dalaran (Fishing)
Add some chaotic chance in choosing who lives and who dies.

Unfortunately, the enemy player won't see what dropped, head or tail. Only the usual: "*** makes strange gestures in the air."
First, all I can say is...WOW! I love you all. I'm glad to see so many replies with so many new and fun items to add to the list. I thought this thread had disappeared into the abyss of recent QQ - I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Great to see people getting creative with the Archaeology items. I'll be sure to add those to the list! The bit about decoy items (mirror, sheep, staff, etc.) will make a great new minisection.

FYI The 4.0.6 patch notes say the following:
Alchemy

* Alchemy: Free Action Potion now lasts 30 sec if the player is level 80 or lower. For higher levels, the duration is equal to [ 30 - (Player Level - 80) * 4 ], that's 10 sec at level 85 if you suck at maths.
* Alchemy: Living Action Potion now lasts 3 sec, down from 5 sec.

edit: Everything has been updated. Thanks for all the contributions! Rogues #1.
I never realized there was so many utilities seemingly made just for ganking lol. I'm gonna level a rogue on a pvp server just to try some of these out.
You left out swirly ball.

....R.I.P

Was looking through my bags and found Thieves' Tools - figure it's as close as I can get to the days of swirly ball, so I'll add it to the list for nostalgia's sake.

But then I came across Glowing Wax Stick, only to look it up on Wowhead and find that it is also no longer obtainable. Does anyone know of a similar anti-stealth item that's still available?
I'd just like to add that Arcane Bombs / Frost Grenades don't share a CD with High-Powered Bolt Gun. Cause Rogue Engis' need more caster shutdown right?

Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket, Gnomish Lightning Generator, Tazik Shocker for one shoting flagged lowbies in towns.

Lil Xt + Toy Train Set for finisher :D

Don't forget pigmy oil overdoses to turn yourself into a gnome. Not sure if that stacks with any other shrinking. One MAJOR issue with the transforms is that you can not mount while shapeshifted.

And how about a bit of respectful mourning for the gankage opportunities of the past that are no longer with us.

Infernals can no longer be set loose to just go crazy. The Eye of Kilrogg can no longer engage in melee. Or be buffed.

Volatile Infection IS still available in Utgarde Pinnacle, allowing at least one method of killing lowbies of ones own faction.
needz stickies!
I'm embarrased and out of my head!!! Half the things listed I did not ever use,I'm not a pvp player but there are plenty of things here you can use in pve...Bad Rogue(slap in the hand!!!)
I'm really embarrassed !!! Half the things listed I had never used,I'm not a pvp player but there are plenty of things here you can use in pve...Bad Rogue(slap in the hand!!!) and hang my head low....
somehow i forgot about Swiftness Potion. anyways, updated w/ latest suggestions, and bump.
Bump.
front page! sticky request!
I'm not sure if this was already stated and I didn't see it in the original post.

There is an addon called Spy that lets you know when an enemy is near with a beep noise and a notification in the chat window showing the coordinate of them. You can click the addon window and it will target them. You can also announce it to the party, raid, or local defense.

VanasKoS is another addon that is decent. Not as good as Spy in my opinion since it shows your allies as well.
Does Spy allow you to maintain a KoS list?

The strength of VanasKoS is that you can add particular players that you might want to be notified of - or even entire guilds. My server (like most) has a few guilds that are very into wpvp, and if one of them is nearby, it's a good idea to go on the offensive.

It also keeps track of pvp activity (various levels, depending on what you wish). I have it track pvp encounters in non-bg's, so when I open my map for, for instance, Hyjal, I can see little marks on the map for when I was attacked or attacked someone else, who they were, and who won the encounter. Nice for if you like to hold grudges. :)

I used the focusing lens technique to find an spriest who was attacking me from on top of a pillar in Deepholm the other day. Quite useful because I had panned around and couldn't find the little bugger.

I have no idea why the mods haven't stickied this thread yet.
Does Spy allow you to maintain a KoS list?

The strength of VanasKoS is that you can add particular players that you might want to be notified of - or even entire guilds. My server (like most) has a few guilds that are very into wpvp, and if one of them is nearby, it's a good idea to go on the offensive.

It also keeps track of pvp activity (various levels, depending on what you wish). I have it track pvp encounters in non-bg's, so when I open my map for, for instance, Hyjal, I can see little marks on the map for when I was attacked or attacked someone else, who they were, and who won the encounter. Nice for if you like to hold grudges. :)

I think it does, not positive though, haven't really messed with it since I just want to know if an enemy is near me :D
I do know it has a KoS feature though, probably the same thing. The addon window isn't a little box like VanasKoS, it's more like recount, almost exactly like it for visual similarities.

I have vanas also, they're both beside each other just as a back-up. I do like the way it tracks encounters on my map though :D Always makes me happy to open my TB penn. map and see a lot of thumbs up.
rogues really are the !**@ arent we, ppl are always paranoid about us. some really good stuff on here, thnks for all of it everyone
Explosive sheep or rabbits while stealthed in lowbie zones is the pro way to gank.