Worgen Character Concept-Yay or nay?

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Post Limit:
So I have had this idea for my Worgen, and I want to see just how "good" it is.

Fairos is a Gilnean Commodore, and had been partially responsible for keeping the Naga off of Gilneas for their isolation period. When the Worgen Curse broke out, he retreated to the mainland to defend his family from the Worgen curse. Eventually, it took hold of him as well. He was one of the first to be cured when it was discovered the Curse could be. He soon returned to his post, but it was too late, his squadron had been almost completely decimated by the Naga in his absence. And when the Forsaken invaded, he had almost no means of preventing them from landing on Gilnean shores. In his shame of being defeated by the Naga and again by the Forsaken, he fled to Darnassus along with King Greymane. Currently left from Darnassus, to Stormwind and is trying to rebuild a Gilnean Navy so that they may reclaim Gilneas.

That is his story so far, is it good? Great? Bad? Terribad? I am open to constructive criticism.
I dont think the Naga are anywhere in Gilneas

Ah, but the naga are everywhere in the sea. It makes sense for them to attack Gilnean shores from time to time. Before the worgen idea, it was speculated by Brann that Gilneas could've been under siege by the naga. If Brann could guess that, it should be at least possible.

And the worgen do have at least one naval brigade somewhere, if I remember right. I think it's Booty Bay?
We may not have solid proof, but by my speculation, they are awfully close. Close enough for even a few attacks.

Ah, but the naga are everywhere in the sea. It makes sense for them to attack Gilnean shores from time to time. Before the worgen idea, it was speculated by Brann that Gilneas could've been under siege by the naga. If Brann could guess that, it should be at least possible.

And the worgen do have at least one naval brigade somewhere, if I remember right. I think it's Booty Bay?
Yep. That Worgen brigade joins the Bloodsails and we get an epic Worgen vs. Goblin fight.
It's not bad, but I'm not sure how much mileage you're going to get out of a character who has his antagonists in the naga. Most Gilneans are going to have a bone to pick with the Forsaken, and they're going to have a hell of a lot of opportunity to vent and/or play on that.
Well, his bone to pick isn't with the Naga, that was just his little "claim to fame" in Gilneas. He is going to have a lot to do with the Forsaken invading his home.
My only question would be why go with the Naga over, say, Murlocs?
We know those are in the area, and while they may not be considered as powerful as the Naga, its more likely that they'd move in on the Gilneans territory and be a small enough threat that they could repel them on their own. An assault by the Naga makes no sense unless there is a specific objective...and just messing with some humans doesn't seem like something they'd bother with. Naga tend to be more interested in elves.

Other hand, a compromise that could be made there would be to have the Murlocs are front runners for the Naga, given there are some enslaved by them in Cata. It would be easy to slowly work in the Naga menace without thrusting them into the plot early on. Such as when the characters fellow soldiers are slaughter it could be in such a way that suggests they were killed by assailants far more organized than mere Murlocs could ever be.

I agree with Eldamar that it just seems like your putting on airs for the character, but there's nothing particularly wrong with that. Not a bad plot otherwise, if a little shallow.
It's very good!
Remember not to overplay your importance though as that might be perceived as Mary Sue'ing, or god-moding. Avoid abusing any privileges your character might have (if he has any) -- unless, of course, that's part of the character's storyline.

Consider me a fan :)
It's very good!
Remember not to overplay your importance though as that might be perceived as Mary Sue'ing, or god-moding. Avoid abusing any privileges your character might have (if he has any) -- unless, of course, that's part of the character's storyline.

Moon Mohawk approves? :P
It's very good!

Moon Mohawk approves? :P

LMFAO
Guess moon mohawk does :P