Tanks Selling ques

Customer Support
OP, I had a chance to look at your screenshot.

Here's the issue. Type format is prone to mis-quotes. You both type something up, and both hit enter at almost the same time. You get there just a touch quicker. Which means the "yes" is out of context, because something was said between the line the GM was responding to(So tanks selling queues) and what you said(Is it against the ToS). It would be easy to get a misquote, especially if you had copied the second part, having it ready to paste into the chat box.

Everything I had heard, including asking GMs out of curiority, confirm to me that it is unsupported, and therefore nothing they will do if you lose your money, but NOT against the rules.
The buyer is paying for a service (i.e the tanks service and time). It is no different than someone asking a tank to help them with an elite quest for payment of 10g or whatever.

I used to consider charging for tanking instances, but i thought it would be more enjoyable doing it for free. At the end of teh day it is up to the tank and buyer. The only problem arises when/if the tank decides to leave the instance part way through, or upon zoning in.
¿que?
Being an exceptional tank i find it a good way to make extra money while doing some randoms. It doesn't work as often as you'd think, it's not like when we spam that we get 100000 tells.

You can wait in the dungeon finder if you want to, it's not like me offering to let people queue with me for gold is slowing your queue, if anything it's speeding it up seeing as it's motivation for me to actually run on my tank where i normally wouldn't.

Some people would rather just pay the 50-100g to get some randoms out of the way fast. I charged a guy 200g for 5 runs on his alt one day and he tipped me another 300, for about an hours worth of work it was a good pay off for me, and he was MORE than happy at how fast he was able to get his justice points/badges.

In my opinion it's providing a service just like if you were to pay someone to craft you something, or buying ore of the AH, you're technically paying that person to go out and farm that ore for you.

EDIT: On a side not please realize I do not support tanks who queue then drop just to get the people in. If you're going to make money doing it, at least have the common courtesy to tank the run.
Hence why I tank on my alt for free :) no reason to sell my tank status, just seems wrong. but gold is gold, I don't see a issue with it
So, this means that I get o report all tanks. :D WEE!
OP, I had a chance to look at your screenshot.

Here's the issue. Type format is prone to mis-quotes. You both type something up, and both hit enter at almost the same time. You get there just a touch quicker. Which means the "yes" is out of context, because something was said between the line the GM was responding to(So tanks selling queues) and what you said(Is it against the ToS). It would be easy to get a misquote, especially if you had copied the second part, having it ready to paste into the chat box.

Everything I had heard, including asking GMs out of curiority, confirm to me that it is unsupported, and therefore nothing they will do if you lose your money, but NOT against the rules.

Nothing was copied and pasted in fact a second gm said the same thing. Next time i talk to a gm I will ask him the same thing

Why are you submitting tickets on something as petty this? All it does it clog up the ticket queues for more important this.
Hello,

So not to start a whole flame war here But just wondering what is the stance bliz has to tanks selling heroic ques?

Tanks who ask to be paid to run a heroic, so that they and those who pay get what is basically an instant queue, are fine. Of course, if the tank takes the gold and bails, the only recourse would be reporting it as a Scam - and, as it is unsupported much like any old-school dungeon run, getting the gold back is unlikely.

Tanks who ask to be paid just to queue up with the intention to drop after entering the dungeon are also okay - BUT it's been stated by Blizzard in the past that the remaining group does not bump to the head of the line, instead waiting until all other groups still in the queue get their tanks before they get a replacement themselves. I've also seen groups like that where the one or two players joined in via RDF dropped when the tank dropped, making it a waste for the player(s) who paid. (I've even been the healer who put that tank on ignore and dropped after noting two of the three DPS were from the same realm.)

There's no rules against it at this time.

If you feel it should be against the rules, you're welcome to post on the Suggestions Forum (on forums.worldofwarcraft.com, as there isn't a Suggestions Forum here on battle.net yet).

I can tell you from experience, and as prolly everyone else can to, that this simply isn't how the game is working. You DO get a tank faster by doing this than sitting in Dalaran qued.
It may not be intended to work this way, but it IS how it has been working. Otherwise players would not be doing this for a faster que.

I'm not trying to argue, just pointing out that if this was true, then it wouldn't be so prevailant and issue.
Why would anyone think that a tank charging for the service of tanking an instance would be a ToS violation? Giving gold to a tank to tank for you is no different from giving gold to a crafter to make something for you. As long as the tanks are charging *in-game* gold for providing an *in-game* service, there is nothing wrong here. If you don't want to pay what they're charging, don't. Run instances with your guild, or roll your own tank.
[Removed]

gm says its againt the tos

No, a GM did not tell you this. Your post on the original forums even show you don't know what you are talking about.
Example, saying it is:

Well its economy malnutrition

then:

ya your right it would fall under Abuse of Game Mechanics

You didn't mention anything about a GM in any post in that thread either.

Please stop spreading false information. Unless you have a link to a blue post, I, and many others, will not believe you.
Obviously a GM must be the most misinformed person in the game....a GAME MASTER...yeah, ok.
[Removed]

No, a GM did not tell you this. Your post on the original forums even show you don't know what you are talking about.
Example, saying it is:

then:

Please stop spreading false information. Unless you have a link to a blue post, I, and many others, will not believe you.

I posted a SS on here that was removed by a mod see post 5 edited by Edited by Vrakthris on 11/16/10 7:27 AM. I was also told it was against the tos by 2 gm

and it seems the blues are being quiet about it

Samhain... You were answered in your other thread on the old forum. It is NOT agains the TOS. It is the exact same thing as a low level player paying gold for a run through BRD or Dead Mines.
[Removed]

Example, saying it is:

then:

I posted a SS on here that was removed by a mod see post 5 edited by Edited by Vrakthris on 11/16/10 7:27 AM. I was also told it was against the tos by 2 gm

and it seems the blues are being quiet about it

Screen shots can be faked. Using a fake screen shot to prove a false point, I would have removed it if I were a GM too.

There is no violation taking place. Just like people selling dungeon runs to low level toons. As long as both sides have an agreement in-game, and both honor it, there is no problem.

What could there possibly be that would make it a ToS violation? Nothing. It would be like me selling someone cloth in trade.
http://tinypi<removed>

If a GM removed the link, you shouldn't repost it.
Please edit it out.