Why does ret have lots of RNG procs?

Paladin
HoL Mastery, Art of War, and Divine Purpose. These 3 things are RNG based and don't really work well together. I'm just wondering why we all of these RNG talents/spells or at least why it's designed to interfere so much with each other.

Why not have our mastery do something simple like change a % of our physical damage to holy damage and each point increases it a fair amount.

Or if RNG, make it have a chance to add a large amount of haste for a short amount of time. Or something that doesn't interfere with out holy power.

And maybe make AoW a higher % proc to make it a little more reliable filler. I don't like to resort to holy wrath and consecration as a filler while waiting on CS.

Adding haste as our Mastery actually sounds like a great idea. Only problem is that it would have to be reliable enough to stack it over actual Haste. I def agree that we have to move away from all of this RNG for the spec to be fun again. I don't understand why we have sooo much RNG if the spec was changed to be more engaging.
rng procs enforce skill priorities over rotations. One of ret's classic issues is that bad rets could do almost as much damage as good rets, aka face roll. Having to adapt to whatever the RNG throws at you while still paying attention to the fight will separate the wheat from the chaff.
Yea I think ret should have less RNGs. I like the idea of mastery being a passive bonus, like the holy damage bonus. Or, what I'd love to see is increase critical strike damage bonus (like the warrior's Impale talent).
1 RNG? Mmmk.

2 RNG? Still fun. Nothing hard to handle.

3 RNG? Pretty iffy.

4+ RNG? What the hell, man?
It's a little too much RNG. I don't know what the answer is.
because as we all know, ret was completely wafflefaceroll in wrath, and RNG = skill

so sayeth ghostcrawler
try playing a fire mage. our hardest hitting spell and an escape ability are both rng
hahaha, a mage trying to complain? paladins have no sympathy for you
Yea I think ret should have less RNGs. I like the idea of mastery being a passive bonus, like the holy damage bonus. Or, what I'd love to see is increase critical strike damage bonus (like the warrior's Impale talent).

ret mastery used to be a holy damage bonus.

it made exorcism overshadow TV
What does RNG stand for...(please dont bash i really dunno)
Random Number Generator
What does RNG stand for...(please dont bash i really dunno)

Random Number Generator. Basically it means random chance, that is decided through rolling a random number.
Thank you for the clarification, I understand now
rng procs enforce skill priorities over rotations. One of ret's classic issues is that bad rets could do almost as much damage as good rets, aka face roll. Having to adapt to whatever the RNG throws at you while still paying attention to the fight will separate the wheat from the chaff.

Apparently you don't play a Ret Paladin with that comment.
prot on my pally, so yes, mostly talking second hand.

but if you would like to actually discuss things tell me what made you disagree.
oh requital, we all know you hate paladins now, you can stop being so angry about it. :3