Launcher cannot obtain patching information.

Technical Support
Post Limit:
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next

I'm praying today's maintenance fixes this issue.

In all likelihood it will just mean anyone who has downloaded the tfil's and mpq's from wikiupload or megaupload will have to find them again, and lose more playing time or potentially mess up their WoW files. I personally haven't found working links for the most recent update and thus haven't played the game for more than two weeks (none of the posted workarounds work) and since I have no hope of smooth updates in the future and Blizz doesn't seem to be on it I've cancelled my account. I'm seriously bummed, I played with the changes on a friends computer over Thanksgiving and loved it.
I used to be able to workaround, but since the thanksgiving patch none of the posted solutions have worked for me. I had Cata pre-ordered, but if Blizzard isn't going to make it so I can connect to their servers, there's not much point and I might have to cancel my cata order.
I'd at least like to think that they will have this fixed before Cataclysm drops. New customers intrigued by the expansion are going to wonder why they can't get into the game they just bought.

On a side note, the last time I played I did the ol' unplug the router for 15 seconds trick and was able to log in afterwards. My money is on that not working for me a second time. We'll see when I get home to [try and] play.
I can play by running the wow.exe but on the other hand im still getting same as everyone else. Repair didn't work, and I'm kinda scared to try anything else being a noob with computers.

it says- another copy of the blizzard downloader is already downloading that file to that location when i open the l laucher.

but the blizzard downloader isn't even running 0o
The Launcher always fails for me the first time I run it. I run it a second time and it always works. Really stupid and annoying error somewhere. Please fix it, Blizz.
Everything works fine if you run wow.exe! Still annoying that the downloader doesn't work though.
Still doesn't work... I would like some response that blizzard is at least working on it.
Still doesn't work... I would like some response that blizzard is at least working on it.

As soon as they're done counting all your money.

As soon as they're done counting all your money.

Wait a minute....

I knew it Blizzard is owned by Scrooge Mcduck!

Running the .exe for me just tells me that I need another patch :/ And my cata launcher downloads data, or says it does, but it doesn't count towards the progress bar. I'm at 20 GB downloaded, or so it claims. I'm on a University network however, which might be causing the issue. Help?
After an exhaustive 6 day battle following all of the 134 errors I've run into with the new patch,

I used AVG's firewall logs to track outgoing ports blocked and what application blocked them, found an svchost.exe process that was stopping blizzards ports numbers, checked it's .dll lists....

it's Internet Explorer!

I've not used IE in over 2 years (gogo Firefox) but for some reason the new patching information routes through IE regardless of your default browser settings.

Make sure the LAN settings are set to auto-detect (like blue said) and you can get on the web with IE and all should be well in the world of patching. Hope you can learn from my idiocy!
Still can't connect and I am positive it is not me. It is blizzard.

But, they never admit they are at fault... and it usually is them...
What is really annoying is that it was working for me this past Sunday morning and I did not have internet access from then until yesterday afternoon. Finally I tried to get on ,but remembered Tuesday maintenance... and now it won't continue downloading the damn patch...
What is really annoying is that it was working for me this past Sunday morning and I did not have internet access from then until yesterday afternoon. Finally I tried to get on ,but remembered Tuesday maintenance... and now it won't continue downloading the damn patch...

Delete this please.
Stupid triple post.... Delete post please...
Hello,

I am encountering this error right now. I have tried removing the *.mfil and *.tfil files and still get the error. I checked IE config and I am able to connect to the net (using IE to post this).

Any other thing I can try to fix this issue?

Thanks.
Ok, my launcher keeps saying the tracker isnt responding. So it downloads like some of the patch and then freezes. I'm so sick and tired of it. Anyone having the same problem
Blasted university network is the reason I'm getting this. It blocks a lot of the information coming in (as it's all registered as Peer-to-Peer), and there's no work-around for it. Even my school's computing services team (who ALL play WoW) can't get through.

Has anyone on a college wireless service tried downloading it elsewhere? Like at a free hot spot like a Starbucks or McDonald's or anything? It works when I run the client at home... Two hours from college. -.-
I also have the same issue and am really hoping that at some point they will address this issue. Somehow I doubt it as it works for 99% of everyone else, but us 1% will continue to get screwed.
Blasted university network is the reason I'm getting this. It blocks a lot of the information coming in (as it's all registered as Peer-to-Peer), and there's no work-around for it. Even my school's computing services team (who ALL play WoW) can't get through.

Has anyone on a college wireless service tried downloading it elsewhere? Like at a free hot spot like a Starbucks or McDonald's or anything? It works when I run the client at home... Two hours from college. -.-
The work around is getting the torrent file(wow.tfil) from someone else or downloading it in a .zip

http://patchup.info/?s=tfil

I'm the one who posted the tfil on Jesisca's post but I deleted that as soon as a new one was available :P