Blizzard nerfed elemental shamans

what is this i dont even
It is true! You may not know it but they have!

Pre-4.01 we did not use lightning shield for dps. We used water shield. It was a happy time. A time filled with water shield spamming. A time when we could use water shield every other spell without a care in the world.

But then they made lightning shield the shield to use. What is so bad about this you non-elemental shamans may ask? It is dps now yes? WRONG! Blizzard knows every shaman and their mother can't stop spamming their shield button. You are addicted at first cast. With the way fulmination works refreshing lightning shield resets the stack! Every other cast I am refreshing lightning shield. Every time I move I cast lightning shield. If I have to rocket boost away from someone/something...I refresh my shield at least 3 times.

I have not met a shaman yet capable of getting to 9 stacks of lightning shield as elemental.

We are doomed. Forever to compete with tank dps.

brb rerolling rouge.

Nubs that can't adapt to changes have crappy dps. This is news!!!
Can Death Knights use plate before level 40?
In what universe?

This is the tooltip: "The caster is surrounded by 3 balls of lightning. When a spell, melee or ranged attack hits the caster, the attacker will be struck for X Nature damage. This expends one lightning ball. Only one ball will fire every few seconds. Lasts 10 min. Only one Elemental Shield can be active on the Shaman at any one time."

In what way is Earth shock and Mana reflected? Are you referring to a new talent?

This is what I said a while ago.

Okay, so I took a good look at the talents, and found that indeed that's what you were referring to.

I never took those talents because A) I never use Lightning Shield, and B) I only use Earth Shock when Lava is on cooldown, Flame Shock is still over half, and I don't feel like using Lightning Bolt. And my damage is still high.

So, while mechanisms are in place to make Lightning Shield an appealing, even perhaps superior option, Elemental Shaman are not "forced" to use it in order to do well. Therefore, the argument is null.
um... no. in fact, its a HUGE dps increase as when it hits 9 stacks and used with earthshock it is our single most damaging attack.

i have had no problem with paying attention and so this is a very simple task for me.

sounds like user error and not on blizz? stop being newb? will prob help.
Liax, i have to have /golf clap for you. I cant believe this thread is still going with people responding to the OP.

Guize I tried to stack water shield orbs but I can't get past three.

Can't find a delete button!