The WoW Magazine

General Discussion
Post Limit:
I received and email today informing me that my subscription had expired. I could have sworn that it was supposed to have been 4 issues. One every 3 months so whats the deal with that?
That to the side I am sorely disappointed with the magazine itself. We didn't get to see any never before seen glimpses at the expansion or the future of the game. No exclusive or special content included with the magazine itself. Just someones opinion about why they collect pets or what to expect in a raid or dungeon. I can easily get that information from the net well before the magazine ever arrives. I can't honestly say what my expectations were when I thought subscribing was the thing to do but I can say they weren't met. Sorry Blizz,as it stands I won't be renewing to the mag.
I was quite happy with the Magazine itself but the fact that they are asking for a renewal after failing to provide me with the service they offered really puts me off.

I was expecting 4 magazines and am still waiting to receive my 3rd. This email suggests to me that I wont even be getting my 4th magazine for the money Ive already paid. Regardless of the quality of the Mag, if it cant provide what it offers then its going to lose subscribers. Im afraid Im gonna be one of them.

Im quite disappointed with this cause I liked the Mag alot.
When It's Ready™ isn't really a very good timetable for publishing periodicals. How many episodes of the podcast have been released in the last year, two?
the fact that they are asking for a renewal after failing to provide me with the service they offered really puts me off.

I was expecting 4 magazines and am still waiting to receive my 3rd. This email suggests to me that I wont even be getting my 4th magazine for the money Ive already paid.

Thats definitely the big one.
You can sue them if they didn't give you what you paid for.

I'm pretty sure it would cost far, far more than the value of your claim to simply file the paperwork.

I'm not claiming this isn't total BS to only get 2 issues though. If you subscribe to a 4 issue sub, you should get 4 issues-- even if it takes 6 years for Blizz to release those 4 issues.
I signed up when they were still offering issue 2 and have only now received issue three (never got issue 2). At this point I don't really care. The magazine has been entertaining enough (I ordered mine in French for kicks), but I still think they could do better. I would like to see more comics like the gnome/goblin one in the back pages, and more short stories that explore the lore of the world. It's a start I guess, but yeah, if they don't get themselves organized, this magazine may not last long.
no, you might not get the magazine company to reply here...but you will find others in the same condition that you are...confirming that you are not alone...and a byproduct of these posts...should be to bring this issue to the attention of blizzard...because we are thier customers too...and we all were lead to this magazine subscription from the official WOW website...

its called a professional stance....they should do everything they can to protect our interests...its all about reputation
we should all contact blizzard about this...thier community managers should take the bull by the horns and help those of us who relied on thier good name from getting cheated by this magazine publisher

Community Managers and Forum Moderation Staff
Email: wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com
same problem here, subscribed at issue 2 recieved issues 2/3 and i PAID for a year subscription of FOUR issues. Now a year is up and i've only recieved half of what i paid for and the bastages want more money~!~~~!!~!~!~!

Plus you can't even get ahold of customer service anymore, 3 emails <first was polite, last one was furious and 3 strong sam adams beers drunk> and still no email reply plus i've been calling their line in california for almost 3 weeks noW and they just won't answer the phone....

Seriously i hope someone up the blizzard food chain is following this thread because something needs to be done about this craphole deal we're getting. the magazine uses the licensed trademark and bad deals like this sully blizz's name <blizzard has excellent customer support btw>

Lord answer my prayers and send this comment to bobby kotik and let him open a can of otherworldly whoop-arse on this problem

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!! HEEEEEEEEEELP
I emailed the customer support foe the magazine when issue #3 didn't arrive on time, and also emailed them when issue #4 was VERY late. They said it would be ready when it was ready. Their customer service is awful and whatever person they have answering their email needs to be given a new job or a lot of training. Come to think of it, their customer service is about on par with their ability to send out the magazine. I just received an email today saying that issue $4 was being sent out (which should have been the fall 2010 issue). The reason people are now posting to forums is so everyone that has had the bad thought about maybe subscribing to this magazine will reconsider and save their money. I won't be renewing my subscription. I think WoW will be gone and done before they can even think about getting 5 more issues of the magazine published. I expect WoW to be around for a long time too.
11/16/2010 2:44 PMPosted by Pocketz

$100 to file a small claims court case against a $50.00 subscription. Plus time off from work to be in court and represent yourself. In my case, that is another $240 in costs.

Do you really think it is a good option?
11/16/2010 2:46 PMPosted by Eulynn

I'm pretty sure it would cost far, far more than the value of your claim to simply file the paperwork.

I'm not claiming this isn't total BS to only get 2 issues though. If you subscribe to a 4 issue sub, you should get 4 issues-- even if it takes 6 years for Blizz to release those 4 issues.

I'm not suggesting anything, but this is the stuff of class action lawsuits. Blizz has been giving customers a few too many reasons lately to be upset, and I'm sure lawyers who initiate those kinds of suits are likely to take notice.

I mean, I've received unsolicited notices to join class action lawsuits (Vonage, Toyota, etc.) when less money is involved...
It's $40 for a quarterly magazine, not $50.

I just renewed mine as well, but if I'm not mistaken, you'll get #4 when it comes out regardless of your renewal. The renewed subscription will be for issues 5-8.

However, I'm not sure I'll subscribe again after this second year either. The delayed publication is annoying.

Then again, I did pick up Kevin Smith's final issue of "Evil that Men Do" so....
When I subbed for it I didn't read the fine print that it would only be 4 issues. I'm not resubscribing. It's not worth it. Most of the information is old news by the time the magazine shows up in my mailbox.
11/16/2010 10:20 AMPosted by Mosberg
I received and email today informing me that my subscription had expired. I could have sworn that it was supposed to have been 4 issues. One every 3 months so whats the deal with that?
That to the side I am sorely disappointed with the magazine itself. We didn't get to see any never before seen glimpses at the expansion or the future of the game. No exclusive or special content included with the magazine itself. Just someones opinion about why they collect pets or what to expect in a raid or dungeon. I can easily get that information from the net well before the magazine ever arrives. I can't honestly say what my expectations were when I thought subscribing was the thing to do but I can say they weren't met. Sorry Blizz,as it stands I won't be renewing to the mag.

From what I understand the fourth issue will be on it's way shortly and if you were subscribed for the first year, you will be receiving this issue in your mailbox soon. You can check out the fourth issue's cover art as well here- http://cde.cerosmedia.com/1A4d80e47506a60012.cde/page/1 It has a goblin vs. worgen theme.

That said though, if you haven't resubscribed as of yet, you can do so on the site. We understand if you are disappointed in the wait times to receive your issues, but have been working with Future to make sure that the issues you are receiving are top quality.

Information on the fourth issue, including a sneak peek, can be found on the official WoW Magazine site here- http://www.worldofwarcraftthemagazine.com/?gclid=CM6G_IL756cCFQE2gwodHDeCcg

As for exclusive content, the artwork is exclusive on the cover and within the pages as are the interviews that you see with Blizzard Staff along with other insights shared within it from other community members etc. Those are not revealed anywhere else save for if the magazine has already been released to paid subscribers, guaranteeing that no one else sees it before you do.

That said, the magazine is meant to be a bit of a keepsake of high quality (perfect for your coffee table) and we'll continue to keep an eye out for constructive feedback to pass along to Future, or you can reach out to them directly should you wish. I'm sure they'd love to hear from subscribers.

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/WC/WWC/combo_entry-en.jsp?cds_page_id=70543&cds_mag_code=WWC&id=1300996457617&lsid=10831454176046707&vid=1