FF Question

Druid
Post Limit:
Does FF still stack with sunder, or was this homoginized?
I'm pretty sure a FFF and a Sunder can both be on the same target at the same time, but as far as I know, the effects are not additive.
The effects are the same. But FF lasts 5 minutes(because we are the superior class), and if it's from a feral druid it only takes one cast to get the maximum effect.
If the feral druid is specced for it. For a pure tank spec, I usually don't spec that to 3/3.
If the feral druid is specced for it. For a pure tank spec, I usually don't spec that to 3/3.

2/2, and I'd definitely include it in a standard tanking spec.

Being able to get the full debuff up that fast is great, both for the debuff itself and for allowing us to settle into a regular 'rotation' much sooner.

Being able to get the full debuff up that fast is great, both for the debuff itself and for allowing us to settle into a regular 'rotation' much sooner.

Its debatable. Taking that makes it harder Perseverence(6% magic damage redux) and master shapeshifter(4% more damage). On longer fights, the 4% extra damage in bear is better that the 2-3 GCDs, I will save by only having to cast FFF once. I don't like taking a talent that saves me 1-2 GCD at the beginning of a fight, then is 100% useless after that.

Its debatable. Taking that makes it harder Perseverence(6% magic damage redux) and master shapeshifter(4% more damage). On longer fights, the 4% extra damage in bear is better that the 2-3 GCDs, I will save by only having to cast FFF once. I don't like taking a talent that saves me 1-2 GCD at the beginning of a fight, then is 100% useless after that.

No it doesn't make it harder to take?

What in the world are you taking that you can't get 2/2 FA, MSS and Perseverance? (Also note that wowhead talent links seem to be broken)

P.S. You're screwing raid damage by not taking it.

With 1/2 it takes me 2 applications to get 3 stacks, how exactly is that screwing my raid damage? Exactly how much damage is lost in those what 6 seconds?

1/2 FA lets me take 2/2 Primal Fury, which really helps in 5 mans.
That is the best raid tanking spec you can get at 85.

:) it's not just a couple of GCD's you're saving yourself Shelmina - FFF's 6 second CD means you're kicking out the time it takes to get a target fully debuffed from 0 seconds to 12 seconds.
That's quite a long time on a boss, and an eternity if blizzard give us any more of those little 'spawns that must be focused down' that we all enjoyed so much on fights such as Putricide.

1/2 FA lets me take 2/2 Primal Fury, which really helps in 5 mans.

what kind of crazy spec wouldn't take Primal Fury?!
Again, what in the world are you taking that you can't get it? 2/2 Stampede? Don't. 1/2 is enough. Stampede is a luxury talent.

FFF is terrible threat now. With 2/2, you press it and forget it. With 2/2, you can instantly put up the max armor debuff on adds that need to die quickly, upping your raid DPS. With 1/2, you waste time.

Most of the stuff I have been doing lately, even using it once with 2/2 FA is a waste of time. Rampage at least has some benefit when soloing(which I may have to do if I respec balance back to resto)

If I am ever in a raid that misses an enrage timer by less than 12 seconds, then I will agree that it is an important talent. Until them, I have some solo/quality of talents I need to be taking.
Most of the stuff I have been doing lately, even using it once with 2/2 FA is a waste of time.

what have you been doing lately that 2/2 FA is more of a waste than 2/3 Natural Shifter?
:)
Most of the stuff I have been doing lately, even using it once with 2/2 FA is a waste of time.

what have you been doing lately that 2/2 FA is more of a waste than 2/3 Natural Shifter?
:)

Heroics that you vastly outgear. I am constantly doing power shift+enrage for rage, especially in Occulus. That is more useful that putting an armor debuff on a mob so that it dies in 3.9 seconds instead of 4.
Heroics that you vastly outgear. I am constantly doing power shift+enrage for rage, especially in Occulus. That is more useful that putting an armor debuff on a mob so that it dies in 3.9 seconds instead of 4.

I think you'd need to be powershifting about three times a second to outpace Leader of the Pack in a heroic, even with 0/3 NS :)

I think you'd need to be powershifting about three times a second to outpace Leader of the Pack in a heroic, even with 0/3 NS :)

Agreed, but it saves me having to respec to get MSS at level 81.
Agreed, but it saves me having to respec to get MSS at level 81.

heh, that makes a little more sense :)

so what you meant initially was more

"For a pure levelling tank spec, I usually don't spec that to 3/3."

or something along those lines?
Ahm uhm. I don't get the 'need' to spec 2/2 FA.

Am i supposed to bring every possible talented debuff to a raid as a bear? There are kitties, warriors and rogues to do the armor debuff.

Also, while haste rating is a lukewarm stat, 30% haste is nothing to sneeze at and should significantly increase the SD uptime for the first 8 seconds of the fight while boosting threat and rage generation.
There are kitties, warriors and rogues to do the armor debuff.

Cats are a good alternative, if you can count on having one in the raid, and that they'll get the debuff up for you nice and early.
Asking any other class or spec to put up the AC debuff over a Feral Druid is a little ridiculous however. Even a prot warrior takes longer to get the debuff up than we do.
Am i supposed to bring every possible talented debuff to a raid as a bear?

Yes. Now make me some water, too.