Retribution mastery change - Intended

Paladin
Dear Bliz....STOP @$!%ING WITH RET...

Your friend....Visiion :-)

Seriously though, I think ghostcrawler has a dart board in his house and a ret pally is part of the background of the board. -.-
Ghostcrawler...

Nerfing paladins TO THE GROUND!!
Don't know why y'all are going crazy over this..... aren't you going to have at least one holy power pretty much all the time? And even if you don't just CS and you have one.
Then you're probably doing it wrong.

This is a huge nerf, if intended, and a #!!*ty bug if unintended.
If intended, it's a big PVP nerf. Mastery doesn't help much in PVE but in PVP it can make or break a fight. Even though you'd never stack it anyway, it's still an overall nerf.

Blizz really does hate rets lol. :P
want to hear from the crab on this
just a thought to make our mastery a little less blah. hand of light could also increase the power of the ability used to consume hand of light by the same % chance you have to proc it.

say you have a 20% chance to proc hol. your verdict would hit 20% harder, your word would heal for 20% more, inquistion would be 20% stronger.
say you have a 20% chance to proc hol. your verdict would hit 20% harder, your word would heal for 20% more, inquistion would be 20% stronger.

That would be super OP. They would never consider going down that road.

I think our mastery is actually fine (as long as the 1HP requirement is a bug, which if it isn't, I'm no longer fine with it lol) but I do wish they would figure out how rets are supposed to fit into this game. Nerfing our defenses is fine, but then they nerf our damage too? And now our mastery? We're supposedly even more useless at 85. They still have a lot of tweaking to do and I still have SOME hope things will get better, but it sounds like our glory days are over. =/
Obvious Bug, is obvious.
HOL now can only be used when you have, at least, one HoPo.

Zealotry can also no longer be triggered with a HOL proc.
but it sounds like our glory days are over. =/

the lich king is dead, who needs paladins now?
HOL now can only be used when you have, at least, one HoPo.

Zealotry can also no longer be triggered with a HOL proc.

wait wait, it's a for real change not a bug...That is just stupid..

I don't see anybody elses mastery forcing them to generate another attack first. Just to use it.

If this was a change, all it would do is throw out an even more potential loss in dps from missing mastery procs. before a next auto attack.
The bug has been known and reported for at least a month on beta with no response I'm not surprised it made it to live.
Ok, so first, I tested this out by auto attacking a dummy till I got a mastery proc. Got one, couldnt use anything. Used Crusader Strike, bam. Got the mastery to hit.

Then someone on the forum mentioned this is something that has been in the beta for a while. Someone else said it could have been intended.

I opened a GM ticket to get a response. Surprised I actually got one today lol. I was told the change was intended to be this way. I'm sorely hoping I got a lazy GM who simply didn't read my ticket close enough, but if this is indeed intended, then wow. Just wow.

This is a bug.

If you read your Mastery tool tip, it says that it "causes no Holy Power to be consumed". Currently, in live and in Beta, it will consume a Holy Power. That's why you can't use it if you have none.

This gm you spoke with was clueless.

It isn't consuming the Holy Power in my physical bar, just you can't use the mastery unless you have at least 1 Holy Power. You were lazy in reading my post. Damn people.

I should have been more clear. It IS consuming a Holy Power on Beta AND you have to have 1 HP to use the proc. We have assumed on the beta forums that both of these mechanics are related and are bugs and have been reporting them as such for a couple of weeks.
Is this supposed to be a bug on cata beta or ptr?

I tried it on a mob on ptr and it still triggered and was usable w/o any HP just has it has been

Edit-
Just tried on live, the problem exists on live but not on PTR indicating that it is a bug.
That or PTR is bugged so that its still useable w/o hp
If this is an intentional change, I would expect Blizz to go and change all the "free" spell/ability procs (Omen of Clarity and Inner Focus are good examples) to still require mana/rage/energy to cast the ability/spell but not consume it.

Since they haven't, this is almost certainly a bug -- the sky is not actually falling.