Collector's Editions

Customer Support
Why is it that no retailer local or online can provide a copy of the collectors edition until 24 or more hours after the servers launch? I ordered mine from Amazon.com months ago because last time I waited until the release date was announced and all the copies in my area were sold out. So now I have paid extra for the CE and will be forced to wait until the 9th to play. I have two options. 1. pay $50 and transfer my main to a 2nd account and back again once my CE arrives or 2. pay $40 and buy a 3rd copy of the game. No matter how you look at it you are getting penalized for not getting the standard release.
Why is it that no retailer local or online can provide a copy of the collectors edition until 24 or more hours after the servers launch? I ordered mine from Amazon.com months ago because last time I waited until the release date was announced and all the copies in my area were sold out. So now I have paid extra for the CE and will be forced to wait until the 9th to play. I have two options. 1. pay $50 and transfer my main to a 2nd account and back again once my CE arrives or 2. pay $40 and buy a 3rd copy of the game. No matter how you look at it you are getting penalized for not getting the standard release.

I've gotten my last 2 CE's from Amazon and got them on release day. But I paid for it too. That has nothing to do with Blizz. And seriously, WHAT is the big deal on waiting?
Amazon were dispatching a limited amount of games for release day, if you had prime and if you ordered early, also HI Thunder
Unless I missed something recently, I'm able to pick up my collector's edition at midnight on 12/7. Just like I've picked up my collector's editions for Wrath and BC.
Unless I missed something recently, I'm able to pick up my collector's edition at midnight on 12/7. Just like I've picked up my collector's editions for Wrath and BC.

Ditto. My local retailer (Gamestop) has their usual plans for the midnight release. Then again, I went over and put money down well before a release date was announced, knowing the Collector's Editions are limited.

Amazon, I would guess, is constrained by the fact they can't ship until that midnight release time - so even with next day priority, it wouldn't arrive until the following day.

I've heard complaints from gamers for years about not being able to get their games/codes on release days when ordering through online websites. Yes, there are many people who get their boxes delivered on release day, but there are enough who don't get it (sometimes for up to a week or two after release) that I don't ever intend to purchase that sort of thing through any online retailer.

I'm picking up my CE at a local retailer's location during a midnight opening because like so many of us, no, I can't wait an extra day/two weeks. I must have it ASAP! (Also, actually, because I find it more enjoyable than sitting idly at home, waiting for the sound of the delivery service's truck)
I hate to say it, but some of these companies don't preorder properly. I know that when the time came for a major release, I got an email morning of telling me that they were suddenly backordered... despite me preordering over four months in advance, and paying for same-day shipping.

Logically, the only way that scenario happens is if the retailer botched the preorder, or if the distribution fails at the last minute somewhere along the chain. I recommend shopping around some more -- in my case, I canceled the order and found another shop that had the stock in same day.
I Pre-ordered the CE as well, but I am not expecting it until the night after release.

In any event, logging on December 7 is probably not always the best thing to do, since the servers will be jammed and a bunch of things will be buggy anyway.

Best to wait till the next day, anyway.

So Tuesday night, I'll be fully entertained perusing these here forums. :D
I'll get mine on release date or I get free shipping. I can't complain either way.
Check local Walmart. They don't do pre-sells and they do carry CE set. You may have to nag an employee to release the stock when it's 12:01 AM and they aren't out.

I put an order on Amazon a few months ago with overnight shipping so I can sleep in =P I bet the server would get pretty loaded with many of the server "me-first's" hogs. When WotLK first came out, I had to wait on server screen before I could get in the game, and back then my server was normally medium pop.

Actually several local and online retailers can provide the CE copy and at midnight release. It will just depend on the store and the policy in your area (if they will do midnight releases or not). I ordered my CE addition online from Gamestop for in store pickup on release day. You could also pre-order it in the store. I think bestbuy does it similar to Gamestop. Other stores will have copies of the CE and do not take pre-orders like Walmart and Target. Some of them will do midnight releases, some will just open their usual time that day. I have had very good luck in the past of getting CE and games there on release day at walmart and target. I have actually seen them on the shelves for several days after the release that kinda surprised me.

There are ways to obtain it. It is just hit and miss and what luck you come up with I guess. You can always try on release day and/or find out if any non pre-order stores are doing midnight releases. Go and see if you can get one. If so then you can always return the order from amazon. There are other options besides waiting the money to buy the regular version while waiting for your CE to come in the mail.
I'm fully expecting to be able to walk in to Gamestop at midnight and walk out 5 minutes later with my CE edition.

I purchased mine online, and paid for 1 day shipping. What will I do while I wait, play the class I can't wait for. Tauren Paladins babies.
I'm fully expecting to be able to walk in to Gamestop at midnight and walk out 5 minutes later with my CE edition.

<3 Gamestop... they have a very good system in place for the midnight release. However usually about 500+ people show up to my local store for those. Last time for wrath I was in toward the back of the line and was out of there within 15 mins. I was very impressed. This time tho, I am just going to wait until the next day to go in and get our copies. Unless we decided to take off work the next day it is pointless to lose the sleep and not be able to play till the next day anyway.
i have my CE on pre-order at EBGames... they actually rang me when the CE was announced & asked if i wanted to be upgraded to it, so i said yes... woot! 3 more weeks to go :D

Ditto. My local retailer (Gamestop) has their usual plans for the midnight release. Then again, I went over and put money down well before a release date was announced, knowing the Collector's Editions are limited.

Amazon, I would guess, is constrained by the fact they can't ship until that midnight release time - so even with next day priority, it wouldn't arrive until the following day.

I TOLD Gamestop when the CE would go on sale because I read it on MMO-Champion. They were like come back first thing in the morning. I greeted the guy at the door at 10 am and bought two CE's. Their pre orders were full before 5pm for that store.

I wish I could have gotten BC and Wrath but I got screwed both times.
By the Time Amazon.com told me it would not arrive on until the 9th (since the release date was unknown). it was to late to get a copy any where local, everyone was sold out. So I have decided to save the $40 extra dollars. So, I canceled my CE order and now I have $40 more in the account I use to buy new/replacement equipment for my Mountain Bike and Kayaking gear next spring.