Self healing nerfed in 4.0.3a

Death Knight
Post Limit:
Death Knight (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Blood

* Death Strike now heals you for 25% (down from 30%) of the damage sustained during the preceding 5 sec, minimum of at least 7% (down from 10%) of your maximum health.
* Rune Tap now heals you for 10% of your maximum health, down from 15%.

Also still no word on the Blood Presence/Rune Strike changes for live servers.
Because it was covered a long time ago.
And they nerfed Death Pact from 40% to 25%. -.-
And Icebound Fortitude from 30% to 20%. -.-
perhaps you could provide a link as to where the Blood Presence/Rune Strike question was answered instead of just trolling.
I can confirm that the Blood Presence and rune strike changes are active on the PTR with the death strike nerf.
Why do they keep going in the wrong direction with self-healing? It was perfect before 4.0. Nobody was whining about the steady stream of small heals from passive healing in pvp, or the occasional larger heal from rune tap or ghoul sacrifice. Blood tanks were never considered OP because of self-healing, since the amount coming in was so miniscule compared to the damage being taken. Unless being to solo outdated content is considered unbalanced, I don't see what the issue was.

The only reason for nerfing death strike like they are now is because healing based on %max health gets ridiculous when health pools are really high and bosses aren't hitting for 90% of the tank's life. That, of course, could have been avoided by not basing the entire tanking tree on something as unreliable as self-healing.
I was wondering where the rune strike change is since blood tanking without is possible but very bad. Slow regen of runes cause of the new rune system and praying that the RNG shines on you and lets you get a rune isn't really a great way for tanking to be. and if the mobs a caster your biggest threat gen is unusable since it requires dodge ( GG blizz way to think that through)
The healing thing im kinda miffed about since the heals weren't ridiculous but now with every other melee class having a better heal then DKs have seems kinda like blizz just decided to break a class and then leave it assuming we will all want to lvl as blood tanking . I just don't get their rationalization for this, unless its they ant to thin out the number of Dks per server by making it miserable to play so people switch classes.
perhaps you could provide a link as to where the Blood Presence/Rune Strike question was answered instead of just trolling.

Stop being lazy and go do some research. It was covered a while back on the PTR. What was datamined is only the most recent class changes. The Rune Strike change was made a few weeks ago.
The BP/RS change was announced a while ago, the problem is that it's not actually implemented.
The self healing changes came about as a result of the increase in stamina on beta, health contribution at 85 was changed to 14 hp per point of stamina from 10, boosting raid geared tanks from 125k hp (or thereabouts) to above 170k.

Their intent behind this was to slow down combat and further reduce the spiky nature of healing we've seen through Wrath. Slowing down the combat means that individual heals will change the hp bar less, so it follows that self heals like DS and RT needed to be changed to operate in a similar way. It's not really a nerf, simply a by-product of slowing down damage taking.
As to the IBP/RS changes, awesome if they're on the PTR. Was disappointed we didn't get them with yesterday's patch. Rune regen and RE feels pretty clunky atm.
I can't help but wonder if this has any connection to the recent discussions regarding tanking diseaseless, even after outbreak. Perhaps an internal discussion resulted in the decision that Death Strike was indeed a little too good to give up for hitting outbreak, and therefore it got toned down a bit.

/shrug
All I know is that self healing has often saved my own ass when I got too cocky. I guess I have to force myself to be less cocky now. And that's not much fun.
Nothing on beta is ever confirmed until it makes it to live. Hence the point of a beta...
All I know is that self healing has often saved my own ass when I got too cocky. I guess I have to force myself to be less cocky now. And that's not much fun.

As someone else mentioned, you'll get 14hps from stamina instead of 10. That's why the healing was produced, because 10% of the 14hps was deemed too high.
Maybe they will make imp DS actually work now
Maybe they will make imp DS actually work now

HA! Your optimism is adorable.
I don't know where they get the idea that DK's are overpowered, they've been at the bottom of the tank list since the first major patch after wrath.
I don't know where they get the idea that DK's are overpowered, they've been at the bottom of the tank list since the first major patch after wrath.

Not at the bottom, just under appreciated. Woes of being the new class.