Onyxia not dropping Draconic for Dummies?

Customer Support
Hello, I'm trying to finish my scepter quest chain, but when collecting the pages for Draconic for Dummies, Onyxia is not dropping my page. Could I get some help please?
Draconic for Dummies is real annoying. Because this is a white-quality quest item, there are a couple things that must occur for you to be able to loot it:

Either

a) Make sure that the raid is on free-for-all when Onyxia is killed

or

b) Make sure that the person who's name is listed when you mouse over Onyxia loots the greys off of her. This will then trigger to allow anyone else in the group with the quest to loot the quest item.

Draconic for Dummies is real annoying. Because this is a white-quality quest item, there are a couple things that must occur for you to be able to loot it:

Either

a) Make sure that the raid is on free-for-all when Onyxia is killed

or

b) Make sure that the person who's name is listed when you mouse over Onyxia loots the greys off of her. This will then trigger to allow anyone else in the group with the quest to loot the quest item.

Response for: a)
When I killed Onyxia, I did it with a 10 player "pug" group. I figured that I would get my quest item, and they could roll for loot, so it would be win-win for everyone there. There is no way that I would be able to put together a group for any kind of raid with free for all set for loot rules. No one would come, because everyone would have the fear of not getting their loot, because some loot crazed player decides to ninja the items from the boss.

Response for: b)
My friend that was nice enough to come with me was the person allowed to loot Onyxia, but he couldn't loot her because there wasn't any loot left on her body. So i stood in the cave, waited for everyone to leave, and waited for a halfhour after everyone left. But still no option to loot. So I went outside, formed a raid with my friend, went back in, and her corpse was gone.

I've spent countless hours between the last two weeks doing this quest chain, trying to finish it, and convincing countless people into classic raids, killing some of the harder level 60 elite bosses, and helping me get items for the quests. I really don't want this to end up wasting my time, effort, and money, as well as my friends and helpful strangers hard work, all for nothing.

And as for Onyxia, I know she will be there next week, but will the quest still be available? Will "The Shattering" hit and leave all of this hard work in shambles? I'd really like to know...
And another thing; Now the first boss in Black Wing Lair is glitching, so I cannot obtain my other page either. this is very frustrating! >.<

Help please!
Try putting in a ticket ingame. They may be able to help with getting you those pages.
I have had an in-game ticket for quite some time now (maybe 20 hours?) but I thought posting on the forums would get a faster response / feedback from someone. And the troubleshooting tips from others aren't bad either.
Faster response on your ticket? Doubtful:
In-Game response times are approximated as follows: Petitions Queue Duration: 19h: 37m

http://twitter.com/BlizzardCS

The forums are not a way to bypass the ticket queue. However, they are a way to get troubleshooting tips - as you have seen. ^_^
^.^ Understandable.

Usually its just having the named person loot the corpse (usually before loot distro so its still glowy <.<;). I hear that doesn't always work though. =x
Judging by posts I've seen concerning this in the past, is it possible that someone else in the party also had the quest chain and looted the book themselves? Unfortunately, being a white item, there's no way to roll on it, so it's first come, first serve I believe if more than one person has the quest.

Blizz really should change this item to a green or higher quality so it shows up as rollable loot to those with the quest. :)
Renrel,
I also had this problem picking up one of the Draconic pages, although it was the one from Rags for me. The solution I figured out (by trial and error) was that the person who's name is on the body has to go over and loot the body BEFORE the purples, blues, and greens are all looted to people and (if the loot is on group loot, they also have to do this BEFORE they pass or roll on items).

The safest thing to do, and what I ended up doing, was to enable master looting...make sure I was the master looter...and refuse to loot any purples until the person whose name wass on the body came and clicked the body. Funny thing was when I was ML, I was able to see the page, I just couldn't loot it until the other player clicked the body.

Keep trying, you'll get it!
Eilonwy,

Great information. I wasn't aware of the group-looter having to loot before the purples/blues/greens were all distributed. But that makes sense.
On a side note, this is only lootable by one person, make sure that nobody else is on the quest prior to killing her.
On a side note, this is only lootable by one person, make sure that nobody else is on the quest prior to killing her.

Indeed. Only one is created when Onyxia dies. I don't know about the person who's named as the looter on the corpse needing to loot before distribution of the epics. From my own experience and from the experience of others in my guild, the page is lootable only after all the loot has been distributed. Master Loot worked just fine.

Then again, this was 3.3.3., not 4.0.1/3.

The only way to get the item if the game is improperly refusing to let you have it is via in-game ticket. The C/S reps in here don't have the ability to send it to you; in this case, pretty much all they can do is pass the general issue along to the appropriate people.
The C/S reps in here don't have the ability to send it to you; in this case, pretty much all they can do is pass the general issue along to the appropriate people.

Well, we have a great many abilities to help us do our jobs, that isn't why we are usually unable to assist in such situations. It is because the forums are not an appropriate method to bypass the normal petitioning system.

As the others mentioned due to the way the item behaves it is generally defaulted to a round robin method of loot because it is a white item. If everyone in the raid loots the corpse it should become visible to you.

If you continue to have an issue though please submit an in-game petition and our In-Game Support staff will see what can be done.