RAF & Recruitment Does NOT Belong Here (FAQ)

New Player Help and Guides
1 2 3 5 Next
I figured I'd nip this in the bud before it starts up in the new forum. Original post is copied from Munbar of Wyrmrest Accord, but I've expanded it.

Q. My new RAF thread keeps getting locked, why?
A. The New Player Help and Guides forum is no longer being used for RAF.

Q. Why did my reroll/leveling partner post get deleted or moved?
A. Because rerolls and "LF leveling partner" posts are deemed recruitment threads, and recruitment threads do not belong here. They belong in the realm forums or the guild recruitment forums.

Q. But I'm not recruiting!
A. In the eyes of the moderators, yes, you are. You're recruiting someone to reroll on a server or join you for leveling or meet in-game. Hence why the threads will be locked/deleted or moved to the appropriate forum. Posting on a realm forum has a better local audience for leveling partners anyway.

Blue post:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123312367#7

Here, we encourage folks to post and discuss game-related information that would be immediately beneficial to new players.

It would be best to post on your realm forum or the Guild Recruitment forum.

10/09/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Crithto
Creating a guild recruitment thread here has been and will remain inappropriate and against the intended purpose of this forum.

Another blue post:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2794651592#6
Threads may be removed for attempting to recruit outside of the allowed forums.

You may post recruitment threads to the realm forum that the RAF will be on and the Guild Recruitment forum.

As one of our regulars Monmon so eloquently put it:
05/06/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Monmonn
People just need to understand this forum is for one thing, helping people with information.

Q. Where do I go to post my RAF or recruitment thread?
A. You should head to either the realm forum of the realm you are planning on finding someone to RAF, or the guild recruitment forum on your faction. If you need something like charter signatures or other "local" hookups, go to your server forum.

Q. But I'm on a trial account and can't post there!
A. Cry me a river. You're still not allowed to post it here. Get an actual friend to recruit you rather than fishing for a stranger on the forums.

Q. Why did they stop using the New Player Help and Guides forum?
A. The RAF threads were reproducing so quickly that the forum was getting bogged down by the reposters and spam, detracting from the forum's original purpose, which is helping newbies with their WoW questions. RAF does -not- help new players, as the vast majority of RATS (recruit a total stranger) hookups fall through once the trial account is made, or the new player is left with little experience, gold, and the supposed "forum friend" ditches them readily.

The forum regulars went on a crusade against the RAF spam, and we finally got Blizzard's attention. The mods have been quickly removing/locking the RATS threads, keeping the forum happy and clean.

Q. What action will be taken against me if I keep posting in the New Player Help and Guides forum?
A. Your forum account will likely be banned after repeatedly posting the same thread after it has been locked/deleted.

Q. Where should I go to suggest a RAF forum?
A. Head to the Website Feature Suggestion forum. (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1025939/)

Q. Can I post in the General forum about RAF?
A. As of now, this has been undecided, yet some people have been. It is recommended to go to the guild recruitment forum or realm forum.

Q. When will a RAF forum or sticky be made?
A. As of now Blizzard is not planning on making an RAF forum or stick. If you continue to suggest it in the Website Suggestions forum, this might change.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, please go to the suggested forum stated above before posting your RAF and recruitment threads.
Hey, you finally are able to post here. Welcome! :D

Hopefully people won't start that silliness here in the new forums. Though you may want to edit and change the "Getting Started" forum reference to the "New Player Help and Guides" forum. It's not a big deal, but that's our new name now.
Updated it as well as the suggestions forum link (changed to Website Suggestion forum).
If Blizzard wanted RaF threads in the new player forums, they wouldn't be locking or deleting the ones that get posted, would they?

Most people who want to do RaF with a random stranger over the internet already have their own accounts; they just want new ones to level fast or get the mount or whatever. That's not a "new player," that's an old player who wants nice things.

Use Recruit a Friend to recruit an actual friend. Otherwise, take it to the recruitment forums.
I think I will

Good luck in your search!
Reported for sticky
Bumping to stop any more RATS threads from appearing.
If you'd like to report this thread for a sticky. Please don't use the report button:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074377690

TL:DR - The report button down ranks the post regardless of subject.
An email to wowreportedpost@blizzard.com with a request to sticky a link would be seen directly by the Moderation Staff without down ranking.
If you'd like to report this thread for a sticky. Please don't use the report button:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074377690

TL:DR - The report button down ranks the post regardless of subject.
An email to wowreportedpost@blizzard.com with a request to sticky a link would be seen directly by the Moderation Staff without down ranking.
Damn.. the Ooops - double posted and can't see a way to delete
It's odd that we can't delete posts in here. Bringing up this post so the reroller spammers can see it and hopefully not bother this forum as Cata nears.
Bumping for Monday!
Howdy, thread!
Where should RaF go then? You say that people wanting to do it aren't "new players"? Look around, see all the 80's asking questions in the "Getting Started" forum? They aren't new players either. Maybe we should delete every post in here unless it's asked by a low-level character.
Recruitment is allowed in the Realm and Guild forum. It's not allowed in other forumms such as General, New Player, Quest, etc.
Where should RaF go then?

Learn to read. I said they belong in the Realm or Guild Recruitment forums.
You say that people wanting to do it aren't "new players"?

Right. The people who advertise that they're looking to recruit a newbie are not newbies themselves. They're veterans who want to scam off the newbie.
Look around, see all the 80's asking questions in the "Getting Started" forum? They aren't new players either. Maybe we should delete every post in here unless it's asked by a low-level character.

What on earth are you talking about? Or do you not even know yourself? It doesn't matter WHO posts the RAF threads. The point is that those threads DON'T BELONG HERE.
Where should RaF go then?

I dunno, when I want to reach my friends I usually call them or text them.

Maybe send an email.
Bump for great justice!