RAF & Recruitment Does NOT Belong Here (FAQ)

New Player Help and Guides
Prev 1 3 4 5
Lf Someone To Recruite, Us Relm -Ursin. I'm A Experienced Wow Player. Im On Daily. I Can Provide Lots Of Gold And Help Gear Toons With My main Toons. If Anyone Is Interested Email Me, Nwkloco14@Gmail.com

You just made a recruitment post in a sticky thread that explains why recruiting isn't allowed in this forum. Perhaps you should actually read the threads you post in before hitting the "submit" button. Recruiting posts of any kind (yes RaF is considered recruiting by the moderators) is only permitted in the Guild Recruitment forum and the forum for your realm.

If you're looking for a giant "RaF" solicitation thread then you'll find that on wowhead.com in their General forum.
What about those people that are on trial accounts or their account is frozen for the time being? They can't post in the guild recruitment thread.
What about those people that are on trial accounts or their account is frozen for the time being? They can't post in the guild recruitment thread.

If their account is frozen or they're on a trial, who would they be recruiting?

Trials can't join or start guilds, they can't even initiate groups or whispers. And since they're already actively playing the game, they're too late to be recruited through RaF anyway unless they want to abandon their trial characters and start a new account from scratch.

Inactive accounts are people that are not currently playing, so what groups or guilds would they be joining/starting? If they want to get back into the game and want some people to play with when they do they need to resubscribe first, THEN head to the recruitment or realm forums not the other way around.
The recruitment threads are pretty much flooded with heroic guild posts and heroics raiders looking for guilds. One can post a recruitment post thats not heroic related but it will be buried quickly and forgotten. Any advice? We are attempting to set up a guild specifically for giving newer players a place to learn and building a social environment but trade chat is a terrible place to do so, flying around lowbie zones is ineffective, and the Looking for Guild system favors those with already large rosters. If such an endeavor aimed specifcally at newer players cannot be made on a new player forum and is a futile attempt on the recruitment forums where might we turn?
Your realm forum, and trade chat are the two best options. Trade chat works really well for guilds on all of my servers at least.
i think it sucks that the RAF mounts can only be gotten that way...its not fair...suppose you dont have many friends, and the ones you do have DONT WANT to play WoW? these mounts should be able to be bought outright from the store ....which i'm sure if blizz did, they would charge a very large amount....i just feel that these mounts should be available to everyone.. not just those who can use the RAF
i think it sucks that the RAF mounts can only be gotten that way...its not fair...suppose you dont have many friends, and the ones you do have DONT WANT to play WoW? these mounts should be able to be bought outright from the store ....which i'm sure if blizz did, they would charge a very large amount....i just feel that these mounts should be available to everyone.. not just those who can use the RAF

You can RaF yourself if you have the spare cash to buy the extra account upgrades and 2 months of subscription for each (after that you can let those extra accounts lapse if you want).

You can also go to wowhead.com and respond to RaF requests in the giant thread of RaF solicitations on their general forum.
LOoking for someone to raf in an alliance serveer pst for more info....
Where should RaF go then? You say that people wanting to do it aren't "new players"? Look around, see all the 80's asking questions in the "Getting Started" forum? They aren't new players either. Maybe we should delete every post in here unless it's asked by a low-level character.

I thinking just answer the damn questions - whats the point of a forum... they came for answers to questions - not to be inundated with process and administration duties or to be brow beaten by elitest pricks telling them "how its going to be". maybe they dont want to do a search. maybe they dont give a crap about your house cleaning and just want general help like a community is supposed to be. maybe offer them a link instead of attitude... its much faster