Affliction

Warlock
Anyone else normally topping charts as affliction? I always hear people down talking the spec horribly, but I'm rollin' people left and right. Not only in bgs, but in duels as well. I see this to be a strong spec. Maybe I'm using it right and many others are not.

/Discuss

Also, Troll Warlocks

/Discuss x2
Affliction is a powerful spec in pve, just not as much as destro and it gets talked down because of that. I suspect the same thing happens in pvp. But ultimately we wont know till the next arena season and raid at 85.

Forsaken locks=Gnome locks=Goblin locks>human locks=elf locks>troll locks>orc locks>dwarf locks imho
Eh with Troll lock, you get Berserking, it gives you more haste, Undead doesn't have but wotf, and it was already nerfed and shares CD with the Medallion for 45 seconds. Gnomes just get out of snares which you have your teleport for, Goblin, you can basically get 2 teleports i think. A type of disengage and your teleport. Elf is alright for the silence, but I still say because you'll be at range in most ways for casting, that the troll and orc would be over the BE.
Affliction is doing better for me after I upped some Mastery on my gear. Doing somewhat okay but I am relying a lot on my Tailoring net against melee.
I just have a lot of haste and letting my mastery sit at 8 until I hit 85. I hardly ever get interrupted.
I originally went with haste and it works out quite well also. I will stick with mastery for the meantime though because our levels of haste will not be anywhere near as high in Cataclysm. I don't want to spoil myself with the faster casts so I'm taking it slow for now and getting used to it.

Eh with Troll lock, you get Berserking, it gives you more haste, Undead doesn't have but wotf, and it was already nerfed and shares CD with the Medallion for 45 seconds. Gnomes just get out of snares which you have your teleport for, Goblin, you can basically get 2 teleports i think. A type of disengage and your teleport. Elf is alright for the silence, but I still say because you'll be at range in most ways for casting, that the troll and orc would be over the BE.

Eh i was going off what races i liked for the class best, not rating the racials. I guess it was more of an rp list.

Just feel like forsaken warlocks fit the class best.
We'll probably be able to hit 1400-2k haste in Cataclysm I'm sure. Reforging is just going to make it more insane. I think the undead fit the Warlock the best as well, it's just there racial was broken. I think trolls will look alright as Warlocks, but they fit the shaman class just right.
I'm Demo/Destro, so I personally, don't have anything to say about it. I'm considering replacing Destruction with Affliction, but I'm not sure.
We'll probably be able to hit 1400-2k haste in Cataclysm I'm sure. Reforging is just going to make it more insane. I think the undead fit the Warlock the best as well, it's just there racial was broken. I think trolls will look alright as Warlocks, but they fit the shaman class just right.

Dont forget though its gonna take over 128haste rating to gain 1%haste at level 85 though. Right now its 32.79 haste per 1%.Overall our haste % is gonna be going way way down.
lol 1.4-2k in cata? Thats more like now. When i had reforged and gemmed for it I hit 1574 haste, and my gear isnt all that great. The issue is that with that haste i was at 48% while in cata that would be 12% (at 85).

That being said affliction is great against bad players and undergeared players. Which is why it is so great in BGs.
lol 1.4-2k in cata? Thats more like now. When i had reforged and gemmed for it I hit 1574 haste, and my gear isnt all that great. The issue is that with that haste i was at 48% while in cata that would be 12% (at 85).

That being said affliction is great against bad players and undergeared players. Which is why it is so great in BGs.

No, this is the kind of talk I'm talking about. Even against decent players who've been over 2200 in all arena brackets, I do decently well with it. Affliction IS good, it's just how you reforge, and how you make of it. And you can have 1400-2k haste now, but you'll suffer if you're too far over 1400. About the new haste per % in cata, I didn't know what the ratio was, but it looks like Mastery will be mostly the way to go if haste will be that hard to obtain per %. Depending on the gear we obtain. and what stats they give us.
What you mean to say is against CERTAIN players of CERTAIN classes.

Let me put it this way:

The other guys have a dispeller? Aff becomes useless
The other guys have a warrior? Aff lock is dead
The other guys have interrupts? Aff lock is dead

Yes, right now if you stack haste you can somewhat cheat interrupts. That doesnt mean squat at 85.
I'm probably going to try Affliction for leveling and ganking for the climb to 85, but I have low expectations for its performance vs Demo especially for 82+.
The trick I've found with aff is to try and get your haste to either 10%, 30%, or 50%. If you can't reach 50%, go for 30% (for the extra UA tick) then go for int/sp/mastery. Same goes for the 30% level, altho you can get 30% off of just heroics these days pretty easily.
Affliction rocks face. COUNTLESS time's I'm sat at 10% hp and some turnip of a warrior charges me, then my Haunted target dies and I pop a soul burn+healthstone to get to 80% ish HP, then i'm like... CoE, dot dot dot haunt, kite kite - SUP WARRIOR? Drain life soul swap /golfclap trade souls!

The HP return is pretty bad compared to 3.3.5.
Shadows Embrace should only be applied once for the full worth of 3 stacks (OR, allow Unstable Affliction to apply Shadows Embrace too.)
Shadows Embrace tooltip needs fixing too. $1%? C'mon... it doesn't even work!
Shadow Bolt needs it's cast time dropping down a bit. Incinerates are a faster cast and do more damage (relative to spec) - so why the 2.2 second flat-rate cast?
Drain Soul Crits FTW...
i'm just kind of not bothering at this point till cataclysm hits, i'm not optimized so its kind of hard to say about affliction right now, i reforged where possible and got mastery when needed, going to have to wait till 85 and see how well dark intent boosts dps before making a call.