4.0.3a: What is in it, what is not.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 13 Next
Good thread, Sammew. Aside from content, also included in the upcoming patch are several class balance changes and bug fixes. Due to several talent revisions for select classes, druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset.

Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%.

You'll also get the Cataclysm introductory cinematic and new login screen.

Hey Zar,

Is there any chance that the ports can stay in Dal until Cata's launch? I've got an alt who is still questing and doing Dailies in Northrend, but likes to get back to the AH. I'd be surprised if I'm alone in this concern. Your thoughts are appreciated.

I think the AH is accessible via Shatt and Dal, IIRC.

I don't know if that's true, but even so, you can still make an alt specifically for interacting with the AH. That's what I'm using this DK for.
Due to several talent revisions for select classes, druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset.

This has got me very curious. At present, I'm not aware of any differences in the talents that we have on live compared to the ones on PTR (or Cataclysm beta, for that matter) -- much less the kind of structural differences that usually necessitate a talent tree reset.

May be in for quite a surprise with this patch if that's accurate.
Basically, making players get to level 70-80 FASTER. WHY???

So we can level alts faster? Starting alt and thinking about getting to level 85 will be very daunting so anything that makes process faster is good. Besides no one forces you to level up faster if you want to level slower don't equip BoA and quest on foot...
"Portals in Dalaran Removed" sounds unfortunate being as though we'll have 1 or 2 weeks left of level 80 content, oh well.

Also, I thought flying in Azeroth was introduced with this patch, but your master list says it isn't? I haven't checked PTR yet, I just thought I heard that somewhere from a reliable source, perhaps even a blue post. I'll have to check.
Are we entirely sure that the invasion event on the PTR is completely deliberate? It's not unknown for various events (inc the old AQ opening stuff, of all things) to still be active on the PTR when they are not going to be on live.

Also, fellow hunters, any new pet that roams an old world area is around and tamable now, so far I've tamed a fox, dog and monkey and seen someone with the new Silithid mode that had the exposed.. Brains, i guess? That should keep some of us busy for a few hours at least.
Starting alt and thinking about getting to level 85 will be very daunting so anything that makes process faster is good.

It takes a week to hit max level if you do it slowly. If that's daunting to you I'd say that MMO's aren't really for you, but apparently the instant gratification crowd is who Blizzard has been pandering to the last two expansions.
THE MINORITY wants to rush and skip everything just to get to 80 and feel special, NOT THE MAJORITY. So why are you continuing to cater to rushers and people that could care less about the gameworld and only care about "leveling" and "being 80"??

Cater to the PLAYERS, not the "levelers" - PLEASE

I think we may actually be the minority but I've always enjoyed the journey and felt a little ripped off that some of the rep. rewards I could finally purchase were made obsolete by the rapid leveling during the rep. grind.

WTB: Glyph (minor) of the Long Journey - reduces experience gained from quests and monsters by 20%. Eliminates experience bonus from heirloom armour and increases monetary rewards by 20%

:-)
I like how our beloved El Presidente prioritized building a bigass statue of himself in his castle over rebuilding the Stormwind Park.

He also got A LOT of corpses, including his dead wife's, from somewhere and made a huge cemetery. Just like boom, cemetery.

Tiffin's memorial was really nice though. ;_;
yes the new zones look purdy...i just would like to make my goblin /cry.....oh well i guess i'll go gank people. Anyone on Bloodhoof interested?

You'll also get the Cataclysm introductory cinematic and new login screen.

YES bye bye Sindragosa.
Starting alt and thinking about getting to level 85 will be very daunting so anything that makes process faster is good.

It takes a week to hit max level if you do it slowly. If that's daunting to you I'd say that MMO's aren't really for you, but apparently the instant gratification crowd is who Blizzard has been pandering to the last two expansions.

Thats only if you spend every moment on wow working on that alt. And have all your BoA items.

Ive leveled everything but a priest to 80. Its a P.I.T.A. Its actually a MAJORITY who want the end game content. Yes, its fun to see the content. But making it harder to level alts will piss off a majority of players. Why? Because blizz keeps screwing up classes, so people decide to play something different. and when you are locked out of raiding because you cant stand your old main anymore, and are working on leveling a new one, is no fun.

Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%.

Best news I've heard all day.
Server-wise they just flip the switch from "Old" to "Exploded".

Something that is done on Mythbusters with alarming regularity. :D
people who complain about the grind in world of warcraft make me laugh

Haha yeah. If only they knew…

So--when they remove the portals from Dalaran and Shattrath, how do we get to an Auction House?

I just read a post saying that auctioneers are being added in Dal and Shatt. I hope that's right.
Will Flying mounts be available in the "New Old World?"

Edit

Damn, what's the point of shattering the old world if you can't even explore it on a flying mount?