give lfr tanks a guaranteed epic

General Discussion
Post Limit:
dps queues for lfr are like 1 hour+ at the moment, compared to instant for tanks, this says there is obviously a massive shortage of people wanting to tank.

if you guaranteed a random epic in the loot bag for tanks you might see more people doing it

otherwise you might as well just not bother with lfr next expansion if it's going to be this bad.
Frankly, a 528 LFR epic to deal with what LFR has becomeis not worth it. Especially when you can easily find a pug for 10m ToT which drops gear that's 6 ilvls lower.

Frankly, with how the community has turned their killing off LFR themselves. I will never tank that worthless crap again as I don't find getting screamed at by a 10 year old.
Yeah, I enjoy tanking but even I never tank LFR anymore. Still have nightmares of the pre-ultraxion adds wipes.
Just improving the loot in chests and making them a permanent thing for tanks would alleviate the issue to a degree.

I personally still wouldnt tank em (dont need lfr gear) until the wow community improves, thats where the biggest issue lies for most tanks so until the community takes notice dps will have long queue times!
Adding better loot will just mean people who are horrible tanks will queue as tank and then it will be even more of a wipefest.

Better loot isn't the answer, better community is.
It's as if I have some bargaining power for once!

*lights a cigar and stand ominously against a curtain that's half closed*

I'm going to want my frost tanking and dual wield tanking back...

Then. I will tank your LFR...
How about not treating tanks and healers like crap when things go south?
I quit tanking for anyone except friends a long time ago. I don't think there is a big enough reward to get me to tank LFR.
That's a deal I would pass on. I do LFR on my own terms, and a guaranteed LFR piece would probably not entice me very much. A newer tank would get more use out of it, but may be turned off by the attitude.
How about not treating tanks and healers like crap when things go south?

But...but....but, who they will they blame for their stupidity?
Tanks get all the gear they need from LFR by the second or third week...then it gets worse than it already is.
You'd see more tanks if tanks weren't treated like !@#$. I was just dpsing garrosh and saw a tank get kicked for no reason. I also saw 2 tanks get kicked in Iron Juggernaut and they weren't doing amazing but I don't think they were doing poorly enough to get kicked and I was healing that. If you're a dps or heals and you are doing at least decent your odds of being kicked are astronomically low. If you're a tank the odds of you being kicked even if you're at least decent is not low at all.

People need to treat tanks better or the queue times will continue to be insane for dps.
dps queues for lfr are like 1 hour+ at the moment, compared to instant for tanks, this says there is obviously a massive shortage of people wanting to tank.

if you guaranteed a random epic in the loot bag for tanks you might see more people doing it

otherwise you might as well just not bother with lfr next expansion if it's going to be this bad.

The anonymity factor of LF(anything) is what makes people act like tools most of the time, they can get away with it. if they would crack down on bafoonery and I mean bring out the ban hammer then alot of the stupidity would go away.
You don't deserve anything special because you play a tank.
You don't deserve anything special because you play a tank.

That's correct. But then why is blame for wipes or anything at all targeted at us then, when it usually is the fault of DPS?

Adding better loot will just mean people who are horrible tanks will queue as tank and then it will be even more of a wipefest.

Better loot isn't the answer, better community is.

Truth.
10/23/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Irøh
That's correct. But then why is blame for wipes or anything at all targeted at us then, when it usually is the fault of DPS?

Why do tanks get blamed for wipes or "anything at all"? Gosh, I can't imagine.

In my experience, I've never been unjustly blamed for a wipe in LFR. I think you guys really exaggerate the grief tanks get. DPS get "screamed at" and threatened with kicks all the time for their low DPS, moreso than I've ever seen tanks get a good helping of community verbal abuse.

Heck, I just got out of Immerseus LFR and my co-tank stood in a Sha pool the whole time, his health ping ponging like crazy and no one said a thing to him.
So we can have well geared elitist tanks instead of under geared tanks talking out of their bum with their ego?

Super.
How about more tanking specs.

Every time they add one, it doesn't have any impact on the number of tanks, so it's hard for me to see what makes you think adding even more will increase it.