Blizzard CC is ridiculous, give ret something

Paladin
Blizzard every where I see there's a death knight or a warrior that has SO much more than me, they have a lot more CC, a spell reflect of some sort, A FEAR and btw fear is like the best CC right now because it lasts for eight seconds and have fun getting out of it while ours has to be casted and we have to be specced into it, and you know what these classes have that we don't have? A mortal strike and some way to get out of a fear or stun, and yeah you can say "just bubble, dude." I don't want to have a waste a 5min cd to get out of 3sec stun or a fear that's back up in less than a minute.

Can ret paladins get some sort of way to get out of fear, hell you can reduce my bubble and make it two seconds for every 5mins for all I care, I just some sort of way to get out of fears or stuns without having to waste my trinket only to get CCd for another eight seconds. Please, Blizzard?
Can ret paladins get some sort of way to get out of fear, hell you can reduce my bubble and make it two seconds for every 5mins for all I care, I just some sort of way to get out of fears or stuns without having to waste my trinket only to get CCd for another eight seconds. Please, Blizzard?

undead race says hi.

but in all seriousness, you can also glyph bubble to be useable while cc'ed.

I understand not wanting to waste a 5 min cd on cc that gets thrown around like its nothing, but at least you have that option.

at this point, I think blizzard is more focused on reducing the amount off cc in the game, and not on adding more cc-breaks.

edit: isnt there a talent that reduces bubbles cd?
Blizzard every where I see there's a death knight or a warrior that has SO much more than me, they have a lot more CC, a spell reflect of some sort, A FEAR and btw fear is like the best CC right now because it lasts for eight seconds and have fun getting out of it while ours has to be casted and we have to be specced into it, and you know what these classes have that we don't have? A mortal strike and some way to get out of a fear or stun, and yeah you can say "just bubble, dude." I don't want to have a waste a 5min cd to get out of 3sec stun or a fear that's back up in less than a minute.

they gave you a fear, stop whinging man!

Oh hang a sec it's a talent and has a CAST TIME IN MELEE RANGE....WoW, seems pretty useless against every other classes ranged and melee range interrupts, that was smart thinking wasn't it blizzie, and you also removed a decent snare ability for us whilst maintaining any semblance of dps pressure on our foes, oh s**t I should have known from the last 9 years of your hating on Ret that you'd never EVER let us compete on an equal playing field.

GG Blizzie, the good thing about all this, probably in a year or so, no one is gonna give a f**k about this game, bar the sorry hangers on of this clapped out tired game you still couldn't get right after 9 years of data collection.
Oh hang a sec it's a talent and has a CAST TIME IN MELEE RANGE....WoW, seems pretty useless against every other classes ranged and melee range interrupts, that was smart thinking wasn;t it blizzie, and you also removed a decent snare ability for us whilst maintaining any semblance of dps pressure on our foes, oh s**t I should have known from the last 9 years of your hating on Ret that you'd never EVER let us compete on an equal playing field.

You guys still have the grand poobah of stuns, Hammer of Justice. Past that you either double the times you can use it in a period, or get a in-combat Sap / Fear. Burden of Guilt is now just a Talent so you can spam snares as part of your DPS rotation while still maintaining your powerful Seal of Truth for maximum DPS. And then you have double Hand of Freedom for 12 seconds out of every 25 seconds to be immune to snares and roots, and even if someone had enough abilities to root more than that, Emancipate to keep it going. And THEN you're still one of the fastest moving classes out there, melee or otherwise with Pursuit or Long Arm. So, no one's kiting you.

And then the Blessing of Protection which can pre-emptively block a number of stuns out there or just Divine Shield itself. Heck, if someone DOES get a fear past all that, you can now use Divine Protection while CC'd and block whatever Chaos Bolt or whatever they're trying to nail you with.

So, your CC / snare output is fine, and your CC defense is fine. There's a lot of issues that the class could stand to have tweaked, but this isn't one of them.
10/28/2013 05:45 AMPosted by Sartharia
Oh hang a sec it's a talent and has a CAST TIME IN MELEE RANGE....WoW, seems pretty useless against every other classes ranged and melee range interrupts, that was smart thinking wasn;t it blizzie, and you also removed a decent snare ability for us whilst maintaining any semblance of dps pressure on our foes, oh s**t I should have known from the last 9 years of your hating on Ret that you'd never EVER let us compete on an equal playing field.

You guys still have the grand poobah of stuns, Hammer of Justice. Past that you either double the times you can use it in a period, or get a in-combat Sap / Fear. Burden of Guilt is now just a Talent so you can spam snares as part of your DPS rotation while still maintaining your powerful Seal of Truth for maximum DPS. And then you have double Hand of Freedom for 12 seconds out of every 25 seconds to be immune to snares and roots, and even if someone had enough abilities to root more than that, Emancipate to keep it going. And THEN you're still one of the fastest moving classes out there, melee or otherwise with Pursuit or Long Arm. So, no one's kiting you.

And then the Blessing of Protection which can pre-emptively block a number of stuns out there or just Divine Shield itself. Heck, if someone DOES get a fear past all that, you can now use Divine Protection while CC'd and block whatever Chaos Bolt or whatever they're trying to nail you with.

So, your CC / snare output is fine, and your CC defense is fine. There's a lot of issues that the class could stand to have tweaked, but this isn't one of them.

Well if were so good mate, why the hell aren't Rets even required for Low MMR RBGs generally speaking? They are not wanted fullstop in any facet of PvP, explain that one to me
Well if were so good mate, why the hell aren't Rets even required for Low MMR RBGs generally speaking? They are not wanted fullstop in any facet of PvP, explain that one to me

Because players are sheep and if Warriors are doing good, no one wants Retribution regardless of their actual viability. Your complaints shouldn't be about Retribution Paladins needing buffs, it should be about the cookie-cutter obliviousness that most players choose to live their lives in.
10/28/2013 06:42 AMPosted by Baldwyn
Well if were so good mate, why the hell aren't Rets even required for Low MMR RBGs generally speaking?

Because RBGs are all filled with what's FOTM, as explained by the explosion of warriors this teir.

They are not wanted fullstop in any facet of PvP, explain that one to me

Go do some arenas, mainly 3s.
Enhancement would like to have a word about a lack of cc. Ret has instant stun on low cd and aoe blind.
Everyone needs less of everything, not more. The sheer excess of abilities is one of the premier problems of this expansion.

Ret doesn't need "something" so much as CC in general needs to be revamped. Tossing out more CCs, CC breakers, and immunities will only make things worse going forward.

Agreed mate, it's the overall game design, they've screwed it, straying from the formula too much.
Enhancement would like to have a word about a lack of cc. Ret has instant stun on low cd and aoe blind.

why aren't we viable for large RBG group play then? Why do people constantly get rejected from the get go without even getting a chance to perform?
Enhance would be in the same boat in relation to not being invited, but that goes against Blizzards catch cry since Wrath, bring the player not the class. Clearly it went wrong somewhere, lets just stack FoM classes and win
=\ Did anyone else find:

Blizzard CC is ridiculous, give ret something

to be even slightly amusing?