Ret. PvP

Paladin
is laughable we cant do s@#$ in pvp warrior kick the living s@#% out of us in 1v1 it should not be this way............... we need a DPS buff seriously /ragequit.

EDIt: spell error
you are literally too stupid to insult
We're very viable and have the best burst in the game if you blow all CDs at the correct time. When my Divine Purpose procs multiple times I can put out 3 or 4 50 Templar's Verdicts in a row. That's pretty great. Just know when to pop and hope it procs. :)

I agree Arms warriors are OP, along with monks, and need to be toned down. I expect they'll slowly get little nerfs throughout 5.4 and 5.5 will drop them down substantially. I don't think monks get a nerf until the next expansion.
Shouldn't be ret for damage in pvp until minimum 46. Prot and holy are both better damage, and prot can survive a shield slam, but nothing is good if you gear like a complete monkey.
Ret is great it 1v1. L2kite and get to 90.
the only way to fix all of this....

please make inquisition refresh itself with every templar's verdict, thanks.
I am not geared like a monkey jus no pvp gear cus I cant afford it yet other than resil wut should I be prioritizing in stats
10/27/2013 05:56 PMPosted by Akädian

Also, an ellipsis is composed of three periods.
is laughable we cant do s@#$ in pvp warrior kick the living s@#% out of us in 1v1 it should not be this way............... we need a DPS buff seriously /ragequit.

What is this? I don't even... What?

I am not geared like a monkey jus no pvp gear cus I cant afford it yet other than resil wut should I be prioritizing in stats

WHY WHY WHYYYYYY

nah we don't need a dps buff, it's how they have set up cc overall and ret's lack of ways to combat in particular fears (a warrior can enrage out of a fear/BS out, but on the flipside they are susceptible to snares, but have a ton of stuns now to rotate and blow something up with their OP dps atm)

Our real issues (and not only us) is the excessive cc in game to combat burst and healers, and thewy just buffed healers after nerfing them previously, I seriously think these designers have no fricking idea, you just cant make that many mistakes constantly and so badly, particularly after 9 years of data has been collected in effect of every class with numerous changes.
10/28/2013 06:46 AMPosted by Baldwyn
Our real issues (and not only us) is the excessive cc in game to combat burst and healers,

That's really more one of our strengths. We're a giant bursty class with a 6-second stun that doesn't break on damage that we can fire off four times in the span of a trinket cooldown.
Gearing like a monkey is how I met my beloved.

You all understand nothing of Ret PVP.

Stack spirit, and you will topple foes with glorious passion.

Stamina is also good, to endure the trials that lay ahead... (<proper ellipses)
Gearing like a monkey is how I met my beloved.

You all understand nothing of Ret PVP.

Stack spirit, and you will topple foes with glorious passion.

Stamina is also good, to endure the trials that lay ahead... (<proper ellipses)
RP pvp huh...I like your style!
OP - Your gear is crap. That is not meant as a comment to say you such it literally means you will probably get pwned a lot in PVP because at your level a lot of people are on heirloom gear.

At 90 with the right gear Ret Pallies are viable. I am by no means an expert and am sill learning as I just picked it back up a few weeks ago. You have to learn how to play it, you can't expect to click and pwn. Does not work that way.

The other day during AV we had a warrior try to take back RH after we capped it. He was holding his own against 3 of us so he knew what he was doing but eventually he was getting pwned and he ran. So I gave chase thinking the others would follow....NOPE....LOL so wound up facing him along. No this is not some story of how a Ret Pally pwned a warrior alone. His burst got me down past 50% pretty quick but WOG and Flash and me figuring out how to use some cooldowns made the fight last longer than he really wanted and it went on for a really, really long time where he eventually gave up and ran away. Not because I was going to win but because he was not going to kill me fast and it was taking way too long.

We are as support class and great survivability and yes I do decent enough DPS. I am still not there but my gear helped me a lot as well. A week ago this guy would have stomped a mudhole in me and walked it dry.
Ret in video isn't even well geared:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1g25Dezk4E
I have full tyrannical and 2 pieces of grievous gear and in BGs I'm still having some fun (healers are tough), but I really start to see my limitations when I do arenas. It hasn't helped that I face the same type of teams often and my double ret team doesn't seem to be a common comp (I've yet to see another double ret comp this season), but I pvp with a friend and don't really care for teaming with randoms.

I'm hoping that once I get my weapon, I'll see some improvement. I'm only 300 points away, so hopefully I'll have it today or tomorrow.

Well you've gained eight levels, and managed to ditch basically all your agility gear (which btw you literally had a piece of the monkey), but you still have tank gear and your only trinket is spirit, which is effectively no trinket at all. You also have a piece with no stamina, which if you're complaining about pvp at your level.. anything with no stamina means you're just that much more likely to be one-shot.

There is pvp gear available at your level, btw. Along with trinkets.
I dont seem to have a problem 1v1 with warriors, maybe its just me.