Increase Ironfur Steelhorn Timer

General Discussion
Please, Emerald Gander, Imperial Python, The Great Furyshell all spawn fast and several times per day. Ironfur Steelhorn just spawned and was dead in 3 seconds and I was only 100 yards away. Now I must wait another week to see it again. I've only seen it twice since 5.4 went live. This is ridiculous.

I should just stop giving Blizzard money, too much stress.
That thing's on a week long timer?

I know one is, or so people say, but I saw the steelhorn spawn a few times the first day...
Nothing on Timeless is a week long timer.
From Wowhead...

"After three days hunting for this little bugger.. it spawned.

To put it simply, don't do as others have suggested and kill only the bulls of this beast, it will not spawn in its place.. I spent two nights simply killing just bulls and I had no results what so ever.

Today I decided to clear out whole camps of the poor Ironfur's, figuring it can't do any harm.. just adds to my coin quota if anything.

After not seeing the beast since day one of 5.4, I have forced the Ironhorn Steelhorn to spawn THREE times by clearing out packs.. this is in the space of two hours.

You still naturally play Blizzards RNG game, but you will get it to spawn if you keep at it and make all of those damn Ironhorns dead :)

Goodluck with the hunt!"
It isn't a week long timer it's based on Ironfur kills, but I've killed 1000s of Ironfurs. It's the same mechanic as Cranes, Turtles, and Pythons.
From Wowhead...

"After three days hunting for this little bugger.. it spawned.

To put it simply, don't do as others have suggested and kill only the bulls of this beast, it will not spawn in its place.. I spent two nights simply killing just bulls and I had no results what so ever.

Today I decided to clear out whole camps of the poor Ironfur's, figuring it can't do any harm.. just adds to my coin quota if anything.

After not seeing the beast since day one of 5.4, I have forced the Ironhorn Steelhorn to spawn THREE times by clearing out packs.. this is in the space of two hours.

You still naturally play Blizzards RNG game, but you will get it to spawn if you keep at it and make all of those damn Ironhorns dead :)

Goodluck with the hunt!"

I've already read that and I've killed 1000s of all types of Ironfurs, please don't copy and paste from WoWHead to look cool.
Nothing on Timeless is a week long timer.

No really, I was being facetious.

God I swear everyone takes everything written literally.
Emerald Gander, Imperial Python, Great Furyshell, and Ironfur Steelhorn come down to pretty much getting lucky enough to be close by when they spawn.

Keep at it. He'll pop eventually.

You're awfully hostile.
Emerald Gander, Imperial Python, Great Furyshell, and Ironfur Steelhorn come down to pretty much getting lucky enough to be close by when they spawn.

You're awfully hostile.

Where is the hostility? Saying someone takes everything literal isn't a hostile act. Calm down boy.
I've already read that and I've killed 1000s of all types of Ironfurs, please don't copy and paste from WoWHead to look cool.

If you already read it, did you need some help understanding it then? The answer is clearly right there. It's highly rated and verified. I pasted that as a solution to your problem. No need to get snotty with me.
10/26/2013 11:16 PMPosted by Integràl

If you already read it, did you need some help understanding it then? The answer is clearly right there. It's highly rated and verified. I pasted that as a solution to your problem. No need to get snotty with me.

This.
I can understand making this thread to vent, but don't attack people that answer you.
10/26/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Everytime
isn't a hostile act.

10/26/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Everytime
Calm down boy.

k.

You're awfully hostile.

Where is the hostility? Saying someone takes everything literal isn't a hostile act. Calm down boy.
You seem hostile because of a few things. when you say "god i swear" people usually take that as a person losing patience and calling someone "boy" in a degrading tone also denotes hostility.

You seem hostile because of a few things. when you say "god i swear" people usually take that as a person losing patience and calling someone "boy" in a degrading tone also denotes hostility.

He's male, as far as his character goes. Typical responses denote that someone is less than 18, so saying "boy" isn't hostile at all. Being irritated and being hostile are two completely different things.
10/26/2013 11:16 PMPosted by Integràl

It doesn't answer my inquiry at all, or I would have taken it at face value.

Emerald Gander - Spawns 3-6 times per hour.
The Great Furyshell - Spawns 3-6 times per hour.
Imperial Python - Spawns 2-3 times per hour.

The above are on the same mechanic as Ironfur Steelhorn, yet I've only seen him spawn twice since 5.4 went live.

If the mechanic was truly the same, you'd see anywhere from 2-6 spawns per hour and you don't.

Is this better understood now?
This is why we can't have nice things OR ever get decent feedback on a problem NPC. I will keep farming and post any worth information I find. I have no idea who many Ironfurs I've killed. I've seen multiple carcasses of the other three rare pats, though.
When asking for help on the forums it is best to not be a jerk. It tends to turn on you pretty quickly.
The truth is that blizzard is reading the posts. and they could easily come in here and post some helpful info. But they choose to just let use get more and more frustrated. So as I have asked before of Blizzard is this. We a paying to play WOW and we asking you to either increase the timer, Fix the bug, or give us a little more clear way to get this "Extremely Rare" new category for Steelhorn Ironfur. You know we are getting frustrated at simply seeing this rare. Make this rare enjoyable.
The truth is that blizzard is reading the posts. and they could easily come in here and post some helpful info. But they choose to just let use get more and more frustrated. So as I have asked before of Blizzard is this. We a paying to play WOW and we asking you to either increase the timer, Fix the bug, or give us a little more clear way to get this "Extremely Rare" new category for Steelhorn Ironfur. You know we are getting frustrated at simply seeing this rare. Make this rare enjoyable.

I don't see the problem. It's a rare. It sounds like you want to make a rare an non-rare so it is enjoyable?

Rares are either on timers/spawners or you can kill similar things/things in the same location. I've gotten all the rares on the island multiple times, Golgannar being the most rare for me.

Each day I have two alts killing crabs at timeless for their 20 kills. Somehow, on my server we seem to get a lot more spawns of the rare crab than other servers do -- maybe there is a connection?
11/02/2013 09:20 AMPosted by Cihys

I don't see the problem. It's a rare. It sounds like you want to make a rare an non-rare so it is enjoyable?

Rares are either on timers/spawners or you can kill similar things/things in the same location. I've gotten all the rares on the island multiple times, Golgannar being the most rare for me.

Each day I have two alts killing crabs at timeless for their 20 kills. Somehow, on my server we seem to get a lot more spawns of the rare crab than other servers do -- maybe there is a connection?

I love a great rare just like the next and I have gotten them all, accept this one. an a rare it is. but if your looking over all the posts. does it seem odd that Steelhorn and Golgannar come up "extremely rare way less than um Emerald Gander. as you would say "rare"?. come on I have seen Emeralds so frequent now I could care less. so they are not rares. Steelhorn is an extremely rare for alot of points

1) Nobody has gotten down what exactly spawns it. lots of conjecture
2) Not called. just like the "Emerald Gander"
3) The spawn area is large.
4) Our gear is getting stronger so the kill time is now down to seconds.

given all these factors this one moves in e new category to find. I'm all for the hunt. but this has now become an obsession to even see..

but what ever I say has little impact and you will most likely find issue with it so go ahead have at it. Be the wizened player who has all the right answers and corrects everyone's opinion based on the general masses views that something is a bit off with this Rare NPC. Please enlighten me further.

I cannot wait to hear the vast amounts of amazing things to follow. Remember you critiqued my opinion first