Problem soloing Thorim

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I have tried this both on 10m and 25m and have followed the strat of pulling the collosus, having the fight reset then pulling the adds into the tunnel the bringing one to Thorim.

Every time, however, when I jump down to fight him he never becomes attackable and despawns.

Is there anything that I'm doing that could cause this? I have looked in several places but can't seem to find an answer.
You can't solo Thorim. Get someone to AFK in the arena while you run the gauntlet.
Bah how unfortunate, thanks tho at least now I can prepare for it in the future
Yeah...as far as I know, only classes that are able to port through the gate are able to solo him (Monks/Warlocks).
There's some bizarre tactics to do it as a shaman via aggroing things temporarily onto a totem, but it's very buggy and failure prone as well.

Just get a friend, tons easier.
Yes shamans can do this as well. There are videos for SOME other classes so try looking on youtube (though I did see you say you looked in some places) for hunters doing it... if there are none then tough luck :/
One of the videos I saw regarding soloing Thorim was strongly emphasizing that you had to pull him at a certain time during the RP after you get up to his platform.
any class can do it if they are an engineer btw, you just have to have precise timing on pulling him when you get up to his platform.
If you can make it up there it's only a matter of not pulling him too early by being too close to him AND only attacking him when Sif says " Thorim, My lord". As soon as that happens, attack him and jump down as fast as possible.
I have tried this both on 10m and 25m and have followed the strat of pulling the collosus, having the fight reset then pulling the adds into the tunnel the bringing one to Thorim.

Every time, however, when I jump down to fight him he never becomes attackable and despawns.

Is there anything that I'm doing that could cause this? I have looked in several places but can't seem to find an answer.

leave your pet in the arena...when the door open rush through the mobs to the first door and kill them asap to open it...then same thing for the second door...avoid traps and get thorim down...this might get you enough time for him not to reset.
You can't solo Thorim. Get someone to AFK in the arena while you run the gauntlet.

Actually, you can. To add to what others have said:

1) Aggro the golem at the end of the gauntlet, then return to the arena as fast as possible to avoid the lightning ball, bringing the golem into the arena with you.

2) Run back into the tunnel as soon as the ball dissipates, bringing the golem through the still-open portcullis with you, but leaving something behind in the middle of the arena to aggro to you a second set of gladiator NPCs when they respawn after about 7-10 seconds.

3) Eliminate earthen as you move up the tunnel, then the golem as soon as you begin ascending the stairs, then the rest, keeping the "Captain" gladiator NPC alive.

4) Kill the NPC when you're at a threshold about 30 yards from Thorim.

5) RP will resume. Wait for "But you? What is this -- / Thorim, my lord" and then aggro Thorim as you pass by to jump back down into the arena.
Crate of Kidnapped Puppies or Captain Zvezdan's Lost Leg completely trivialize the gauntlet reset trick for any class. They last a long time, they have enough health to survive level 80 mobs, and they don't hit hard enough to kill the big construct.

Run down the hall and pull the guardian, race out before the wipeball o' death gets you. When it disappears, start counting down from 10. At 5, the construct will be in your face, pop your trinket buddies and let them start tanking. At 0, you need to get inside the gate. Puppies/ghosts still fighting the construct will aggro the starter mobs after the reset, and put you in combat with them.

Then just do the hallway run as Aed said.