Inquisition sorta ... sucks.

Paladin
Needs to be off the GCD.
That wouldn't solve anything, really. People would end up macroing to something and never thinking about it, which is not the point of the ability.
I had an inquisition/wings macro just in case I have to burst and my buff was falling off. The only thing you can really macro inquisition to is wings and goak... unless you're a complete idiot and macro CS/inquisition or J/inquisition together.

Inquisition should be available to new players around the mid 50s range or a lower level where players can't one shot mobs anymore and can notice the difference in dps with/without it.
11/11/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Maebyfunke
unless you're a complete idiot and macro CS/inquisition or J/inquisition together.

Which is precisely what would be done, because there are people that are that bad and lazy.

11/11/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Maebyfunke
Inquisition should be available to new players around the mid 50s range or a lower level

Which is something I've been saying for awhile. New players have no chance to acclimate to Inq before it becomes a major and necessary part of their rotation. But you look at Rogues and Ferals, they have their similar skill before 30; we don't get ours until 81. Huge, gaping, incompetent design flaw.
On one hand its a sweet combat-dps buff. But its such a MEGA pain in the !@# to keep up, to use at the right time, etc. It's the big debbie downer to the ret. rotation IMO. Too early a DPS loss. Too late a DPS loss. Doe it right and you're still out 3HP. Very clunky and not well integrated.

Butbutbut... It lasts a whole *minute* now at 3 HoPo. What more do you need? O.o If you're questing, glyph it and every kill can toss another 30s on.

Maybe you need some kinda addon to help you? Cause a minute is a looong time.

I suppose, yeah, that's also true: Inquisition at 81 vs something such as Slice and Dice that you get at 14? Maybe they'll shuffle it around like they often do when they move us to WoD.
Incwizishun iz dum and stoopid! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I think its a good call that inq should be around the 50s. Getting it at 81 makes the learning curve sorta steep IMO. I just forget it a lot :(
Use Clcret, its a good way to track your cooldowns but don't be dependent on it. Eventually inquisition will become second nature once you grown accustomed to it.
I will do that. Thanks :)
11/10/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Inquisition only sucks if you don't have anything to track it with.

i couldn't agree more with this statement. i use icehud, and i have an inquisition arc on my screen.
Inquisition sucks only because its a boring passive effect that you dont even notice from a gameplay perspective and, unlike other classes uptime mechanics, offers nothing interesting/fun to the rotation.
I agree that it's not very interesting.
It is a good test of skill to see who can optimize when they put it up and plan their burst windows around it though.

I'm getting some practice on our one tank farm fights but it's still kind of annoying.

And of course you can put it up too early and completely gimp your dps...almost as bad as not having it up at all for a long period of time.
I agree that it's not very interesting.

"Passive" damage buffs never are. They should all be removed. At the least they should all work on the Assassination Rogue model where it's refreshed by your main ability anyway. But then we'd just complain that openers are obnoxiously complex for no reason. O.o
11/13/2013 08:15 PMPosted by Goobadin
they should all work on the Assassination Rogue model

No. Stop being lazy and bad.
11/13/2013 08:41 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
they should all work on the Assassination Rogue model

No. Stop being lazy and bad.

He's about 40 ilvl higher than you, you think his critique is a matter of laziness or lack of skill?

The laziness is in the game design. Stop and think: How can a buff that always needs to be active, yet constantly refreshed, do anything but hamper gameplay? All it does is break up the rhythm of the class and make it slightly less fun to play 100% of the time.

Unfortunately there are dozens of abilities and mechanics like this, all of them having to be managed just so, and it's one of the main problems with the game at this point. This is an RPG, not a flight simulator. And at this point, most classes in the game are just patchwork monstrosities reminiscent of The Homer.

*For the three of you who don't watch The Simpsons: http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/The_Homer
11/13/2013 11:11 PMPosted by Dokodo
All it does is break up the rhythm of the class

Which is precisely the point of the ability, and all similar such abilities: to break up the rotation and force some thought into what one is doing. If all we had to watch was bad things on the ground while mindlessly mashing buttons, things would be incredibly dull and pointless - and, really, we already have LFR for exactly that purpose (dull and pointless, that is; they mostly ignore bad stuff on the ground in there).

As you appear to be mostly a PvPer, you obviously have a different view on things - and with good reason. I've never been much for PvP, but I was forced into it earlier this expansion as part of the legendary quest chain, and I rally don't see what all the fuss is about. Granted, it was in non-competitive random BGs, but I didn't have any real trouble monitoring Inq, throwing off-heals, and doing what else I could to ensure victory.

And just because one has a certain level of gear doesn't necessarily mean they have any idea what they're talking about - or, conversely, that they don't know what they're talking about. Goobadin, if you'd bothered to scroll past the iL tag, is logged as Holy, and I've pretty much always seen him around here as Holy. Doesn't mean he doesn't know Ret, granted, but that doesn't mean that he's an expert at anything, either. I don't really mean him any offense, but I'm sick and bloody tired of baddies and lazy folk getting the spec I love nerfed back to the faceroll days of Wrath - and there's damn well been plenty of that this expansion already.
He's about 40 ilvl higher than you, you think his critique is a matter of laziness or lack of skill?

You've fallen for his trap!!

The laziness is in the game design. Stop and think: How can a buff that always needs to be active, yet constantly refreshed, do anything but hamper gameplay? All it does is break up the rhythm of the class and make it slightly less fun to play 100% of the time.

Inquisition was included because people were just smashing their faces on their keyboards and still did respectable dps.

Unfortunately there are dozens of abilities and mechanics like this, all of them having to be managed just so, and it's one of the main problems with the game at this point.

Some classes are dreadful to play without it. I talented plague leach on my frost DK not because its a dps boost but because it adds a little complexity to a rotation that's even more trivial to ret.

This is an RPG, not a flight simulator.

So what?
11/13/2013 11:31 PMPosted by Maebyfunke

You've fallen for his trap!!

Well, to be fair, Goob's best gear still has my best gear by...14 iL?