Warlords of Garrisons

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12

Seriously though, watching them roll out 10 main characters and having them all be men is disappointing. Maybe that works for the testosterone filled 18-24 male age group, but please remember that many of your players are women and men who appreciate a diversified story with actual female characters.

Blizzard has always done a fair job of this, so the 10 main characters highlighted being all male felt very 2003 and out of touch for 2013.

And frankly it's just boring to have the whole expansion be a sausage-festival.

Valid concern and I can address that only a little right now, but it's worth noting that there are plans for some female characters as well. Historically the clan chiefs are all male, so I can see how with the announcement video that it looks very male heavy. But, there will be female characters that will have their time as well. I'm not going to say 50/50 or equal time since I'm not privy to the specifics right now and wouldn't want to spoil anything anyway, but I can say that the designers are working on it. I don't know how much was covered by [url="http://www.applecidermage.com/"]Applecidermage[/url] when she spoke with quest designer Helen Cheng but from speaking to her (and she's someone that's been critical of this herself), she seemed pretty happy about what she's heard.

Just in Blizzard's defense, I want to say that I'm happy with the female player-characters and the minor NPCs. There are a surprising amount of female commanders and warchiefs among the minor NPCs -- it's just the major female characters that are always playing second fiddle to the male High King / Warchief. Keep Moira around and give her story more screentime pls.
I hope they show more Rexxar lore in WoD, he is an intriguing character.
Yes please! He's my favorite character from WC3.
All the indicators point to Warlords of Draenor being their most ambitious expansion to date.

Agreed.

Valid concern and I can address that only a little right now, but it's worth noting that there are plans for some female characters as well. Historically the clan chiefs are all male, so I can see how with the announcement video that it looks very male heavy. But, there will be female characters that will have their time as well. I'm not going to say 50/50 or equal time since I'm not privy to the specifics right now and wouldn't want to spoil anything anyway, but I can say that the designers are working on it. I don't know how much was covered by [url="http://www.applecidermage.com/"]Applecidermage[/url] when she spoke with quest designer Helen Cheng but from speaking to her (and she's someone that's been critical of this herself), she seemed pretty happy about what she's heard.

Hi Neth,

Thank you for the response. I'm sure it's been crazy trying to work on all this in secret and getting ready for the "big reveal" at Blizzcon.

One reason I felt compelled to bring this up was that you essentially had a couple of guys on a stage, "revealing" the big names in the next Xpac who were a bunch of guys. From a PR standpoint alone, that wasn't a great thing and has made myself and others skeptical of this Xpac.

I wanted to make sure this was communicated to the team in a way that shined some outside light into the overall story process and where it needs some work.

I would like to add in that IMO, it's not just enough to add token female characters (usually as supporting roles) to make a great story. In fact, if you think of some of your most beloved characters, we're talking Kerrigan, Sylvanas, and Jaina (though my wife hates Jaina). Characters that are key figures that exist without needing a male lead to carry them (or being simply a plot device to advance the male character's story along ***cough**** Aggra ****cough****).

As I wrote in another thread, the question to answer isn't "where should we add some token females", the question is "Who are the female Heroes and Villians of Draenor that we haven't met yet, and how does their story influence the outcome of WoD?"

Thanks,

Boomer

All this "oh there aren't enough female leads" crap is so annoying. If the story doesn't have room for more females, then it doesn't have room. Adding females for the sake of "gender balance" is completely ridiculous and serves no purpose but to placate the hyper-feminists. The stories Blizzard, or anyone, tells should be about the story itself. If that story doesn't have room for female leads, than keep it that way.
I don't see why feminists have a problem with wow at all, I mean take one look at Sylvanas the Dark Lady
The story has been crap after Wrath, just relax and ignore it all.
Most honest possible answer:

An expansion which actually deals with the Burning Legion would likely be the end of WoW. Canonically, whatever happens with the end of the Burning Legion (they win, or we win) that wraps up most of the metaplot of the game(s).

Do you really expect Blizzard to do that before they have a really good replacement game?
It always makes me a bit sad when I see people who say things like this

Just remember Neth, they are the vocal minority.
So...

Where did Wrathion go?

Why did you scrap the Burning Legion despite all of the chatter about their return?

Why did BlizzCon offer so little about actual content and instead focus mainly on Garrisons?

I gotta say, I am not really all that thrilled about another filler expansion that is more or less just a huge patch with new features.

There's a ton of new content as well. Garrisons is a new piece of content, as is the new PvP zone, Trial of the Gladiator is completely new and there are a ton of quality of life improvements.

There are a ton of quality of life improvements... and yet, you want to take flying away from us. Normally, I don't comment on anything related to a new patch or expansion but you're making HUGE mistake by doing that and not letting us fly until patch 6.1. I don't want to do no "epic" quest to learn how to fly on every toon I have.

Bad, bad idea. Bad Blizzard.
So...

Where did Wrathion go?

Why did you scrap the Burning Legion despite all of the chatter about their return?

Why did BlizzCon offer so little about actual content and instead focus mainly on Garrisons?

I gotta say, I am not really all that thrilled about another filler expansion that is more or less just a huge patch with new features.

Paraphrased:
"I heard something small, then sat around thinking about it, making up a bunch of details about it. Now i'm here to complain about those details that I imagined that you made up and told me. Mainly because I'm tired of complaining about flying mounts."
Most honest possible answer:

An expansion which actually deals with the Burning Legion would likely be the end of WoW. Canonically, whatever happens with the end of the Burning Legion (they win, or we win) that wraps up most of the metaplot of the game(s).

Do you really expect Blizzard to do that before they have a really good replacement game?
Exactly, if we get get the burning legion/ashzara/sargeras now the megaplot would be over after that exapnsion. And seeing as blizz delayed Titan until 2016 it makes sense. So filler xpac yea partially, but do people really want WoW to be over so quickly with no other big blizz MMO in the near future?
So...

Where did Wrathion go?

Paraphrased:
"I heard something small, then sat around thinking about it, making up a bunch of details about it. Now i'm here to complain about those details that I imagined that you made up and told me. Mainly because I'm tired of complaining about flying mounts."
I really don't have aprob with no flying, the only thing is why do it now? People were asking for no flying during lvling in Cata, That's what baffles me. It's like winning the lotto then having the lottery people after a couple years say "hey wait, we don't think you actually won the lotto" lol overexaggerated yes but kinda like that. I also seen on MMO-Champion that they will be taking out guild perks, but why? I got alts in my guild forr guild perks I love them. And not only that but Mass Rez isa huge QoL while wiping on raids and heroics ect...
I mean really we get a 2 min trailer about 6.0 and the sky is falling. Its only 6.0 there is I assume a 6.1-6.4 at least. So far we learn the Hellscream wants an untainted horde. Do you really believe the Burning Legion will take this laying down. Then what happens in 6.1 or 6.2 or 6.3 or 6.4 did you see that in the 2 min trailer. I am in all honestly tired of the complaining. Blizzard has shown us what I think is an amazing future or is it Past.
This "expansion" couldn't seem less interesting. I am sorry, but like many others i think it's not worth the money and time, the Garrison didn't make up for boring ideas.
And you can spit slobber with your mouth yelling, how deep the story line is and how awesome your insight knowledge is, but it's just not.

On a good note, i can finally stop playing this game and feel free without being urged to come back to it.
lol the more I hear about WoD, the more I worry about my computer being able to play it. LOL stahp!! I can't afford another one yet!! gotta buy a car for a teenager first, and then upgrade the hubs computer (so he can play wow with me!)

but if there's too much stuff, my puter may splode!!!

then i'll splode!!!

and I don't wanna splode!

am looking forward to WoD though :) anxious to see the upgrades they make to original characters.

"Indebted to a demonic lord and pitted against the mentor he betrayed, Gul’dan is one of a handful of fel orcs on Draenor, his visage and shamanic power twisted balefully by demonic communion. The outcasts he leads, the Stormreaver clan, now fight to wrest their “rightful” place in the Iron Horde from Gul’dan’s former master Ner’zhul . . . and to tempt a great army of orcs into infernal corruption."

Gul'Dan's little story on http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/#character-upgrade Doesn't mean for sure we'll see the Legion but the potential is already written in.
I agree totally with the OP, this expansion looks scrapped and put together at the last second. Most of us have been through high school and know what half-a work looks like and what time and hard work looks like. Will I unsubscribe no? But it does irritate me that you guys bit off more than you could chew then try to please your BIGGEST money machine with garrisons. This is just dissapointing that you are letting a game like this go to waste. And your only response to op is well you get draeni lore right? and you get garrisons.. Just silly and redundant.
Do anyone remember Dornaa the Draenei Orphan from Children week? Will we see any store about her? Just wondering - due to when you take her to the caverns of time - Zaladormu yells: This girl has done nothing, and will not be held accountable for what she might do, or fail to do, in the future.

So will we know what will happen to her or who was her family is in the new expansion?
11/11/2013 10:39 AMPosted by Nethaera

Wait... we're getting attention?

Who are you and what have you done with Nethaera?

Hey now!

We'd love to tell everyone's stories (I'm a big Forsaken fan myself), but there's only so much room in each expansion to do that and make those stories all fit like a puzzle. We get to the ones we can as we can. In this case, we get to shed more light on the Draenei. ;)

As a forsaken fan myself, I was wondering will garrisons have the option of Different building by Race? I'd love to have a Forsaken garrison rather then being a Forsaken with orc buildings.
We'd love to tell everyone's stories (I'm a big Forsaken fan myself), but there's only so much room in each expansion to do that and make those stories all fit like a puzzle. We get to the ones we can as we can. In this case, we get to shed more light on the Draenei. ;)
And more bloody orc lore. As if we didn't have enough of that shoved down our throat. I really hope there's a Blood Elf-centric expansion one day because them, the Night Elves, and the Forsaken, are some of the more important races that have been pretty neglected (some races like Gnomes, Tauren and Worgen honestly, aren't that important to the WoW storyline and it would be pretty silly if they became one of the prominent races in an expansion). I'm glad the Blood Elves had a part in MoP, but let's be honest they could have easily been replaced by any other Horde Faction and it wouldn't have made a difference.