Garrisons idea: Incude alts!

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
Si simple yet so AWSOME! hope devs take note of this
So, nearly everyone has those alts who you have gotten to 90 just for professions or are former mains/leveling projects. What if these were included into your garrison as NPC's? All your same faction alts can wander around your garrison doing their own things.

Your death knight could be in the inn. A hunter tending to his pets. A warrior training new recruits, or sparring with a training dummy. Your mage studying over a glass of ale in a tower. A druid caring for the garden.

Even if they added no bonus, it would make for great aesthetics to see that your characters aren't sitting around and are enjoying themselves even while you aren't playing them.

I think they should allow you to access their professions. perhaps on like a daily cool down you can have them make a certain number of items per day, will help from having to log out and switch toons to just make a gem or enchant, or glyph that you realized you don't have.
11/11/2013 09:18 PMPosted by Valenntine
This is an absolutely excellent idea.

Not to mention we should also be able to have favorite npcs be in our garrison too! Like Amber the sniper from questing in Jade forest or the hozen on the horde side. I wish I had a better memory for his name >.<

think his name is Sully or something like that
I like your idea but I feel the garrison is a tease I been wanting player housing for years but
the garrison will not be permanent player housing once WOD is over it will be useless.
So, nearly everyone has those alts who you have gotten to 90 just for professions or are former mains/leveling projects. What if these were included into your garrison as NPC's? All your same faction alts can wander around your garrison doing their own things.

Your death knight could be in the inn. A hunter tending to his pets. A warrior training new recruits, or sparring with a training dummy. Your mage studying over a glass of ale in a tower. A druid caring for the garden.

Even if they added no bonus, it would make for great aesthetics to see that your characters aren't sitting around and are enjoying themselves even while you aren't playing them.

O PLEASE O PLEASE O PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!
The immersion would be overwhelming. Imagine the possibility to enter a cut-scene whereby your main is sitting at a round table of sorts inside your town hall. The camera pans down and to the back of your main facing the stonewall corridor, giving it a first person view. Then in slow-motion, your alts begin to enter from both sides of the corridor and take their seats around you, the hunter pet lying between you and his master, each guest awaiting that days detail.......at which point the cut-scene ends and a panel opens up with alt assignment possibilities and allowable follower help for each.

I think I would pass out from over-stimulation.
Exciting. I think they should be of a certain level, though, say around 90?

Also, same faction, of course. ;)
Are they going to give us farm plots x 11, mining nodes x 11, buildings x 11, mission slots x 11 etc in this "account wide" garrison? because if not, no thanks. If you just want to be able to see and interact with your alts, fine - but an account wide garrison effectively decreasing our resource potential by over 90% is not acceptable.
I like your idea but I feel the garrison is a tease I been wanting player housing for years but
the garrison will not be permanent player housing once WOD is over it will be useless.

UNLESS! The functionality becomes universal after WOD. What would stop them from building it into the next expansion, or to later integrate it into old world zones?

If I could make a Monastery in the mountains of Winterspring, that would be kickass.
Signing this as well. Would love to see my shammie mixing potions in a lab or my monk smacking around a training dummy.
The immersion would be overwhelming. Imagine the possibility to enter a cut-scene whereby your main is sitting at a round table of sorts inside your town hall. The camera pans down and to the back of your main facing the stonewall corridor, giving it a first person view. Then in slow-motion, your alts begin to enter from both sides of the corridor and take their seats around you, the hunter pet lying between you and his master, each guest awaiting that days detail.......at which point the cut-scene ends and a panel opens up with alt assignment possibilities and allowable follower help for each.

Marry me, please?

And while Ashli makes a valid point. I'm torn between this Garrison idea.

Personally, I would love to have my shaman(which is my herbalist) working the garden, with my Deathknight(Which is my BS/Miner) working a anvil or something, etc.. Alot of the folks here have great ideas. But like Ashii said, if they did it, it would potentially be a huge, huge cut in resource gathering. Unless they just made it where the amount of resources you get, is dependant on how many Alts(max if need be), you have.

Shrug. Long post, sorry. I do like the overall idea though, so..

/Signed

Marry me, please?

And while Ashli makes a valid point. I'm torn between this Garrison idea.

Personally, I would love to have my shaman(which is my herbalist) working the garden, with my Deathknight(Which is my BS/Miner) working a anvil or something, etc.. Alot of the folks here have great ideas. But like Ashii said, if they did it, it would potentially be a huge, huge cut in resource gathering. Unless they just made it where the amount of resources you get, is dependant on how many Alts(max if need be), you have.

Shrug. Long post, sorry. I do like the overall idea though, so..

/Signed

Yeah, but wouldn't several garrisons be the same trap dailies were?
We didn't have to do all the dailies in MoP, but some felt they would be left behind if they didn't.
Likewise, if the garrison is a great source of resourcers, people will feel like they need to get several characters to 100 and own several garrisons in order to be competitive.
Yes
Seriously a fantastic idea!

Add on this, Professions. Your alts who log out in the Garrison wander like NPC's doing their things. Your Blacksmith might hang out at the smithy, Your herbalist would be in the garden. Etc. You could use their professions by talking to them.

Additionally They could become a mount "friend" ... perhaps replacing the reforger, carry one Alt on your mount with you. This could be used to allow people to use the bop items they have access to, with someone else's professions however, there may need to be some kind of pre-designed menus to use craftables?
Yes please. Ive been trying to figure out what to do with my professional alts. This seamlessly incorporates them into the game flow. Thinking family or clan here. Makes the extra effort of leveling alts and professions worth it. Only Wow has the infrastructure in place to support this.
You could even have a garrison bank or vault to hold all your mats.