Gnome Pallies?

Paladin
Post Limit:
Why not? Before you go spewing the lore excuse, look at tauren pallies. Nuff' said. Anyway, I was just thinking about the new character models and whatnot, and I'm in love with the gnomes. Sadly, the character I want to boost to 90 is a paladin. So, what I want, personally, and there's gotta be more people out there who want this too, is a Gnome paladin. Seriously, it makes me want to re-roll right now. So much awesomeness, from the pally mount (golden mechanostrider? YES.) to the bubble, for more distance when punting. Sure, gnomes don't exactly fit the zealous, religious crusader profile, but there's an exception to every rule. White guys can't jump? Bull, I know a white dude that does parkour and he jumps like a damn NBA pro.

TL;DR, Gnome Pallies would rock many a person's socks.
11/10/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Rikunami
Before you go spewing the lore excuse, look at tauren pallies. Nuff' said.
Not really. You should say a little more.

However, I don't even think any new race/class combos were announced for the coming expac... So don't get your hopes up.
I want so bad! Hopefully we'll find out about new race/class combos soon.
My initial reaction is to blatantly tell you no, and that it's a dumb request.

But I will give you a chance to explain why you think they should be in game. A legitimate reason aside from "cause I want it!". Remember that this is not merely a game, but a mmoRPG, so lore and storyline actually matter for in game decisions.

Otherwise, this request should simply be shelved along with all of the asinine class/race combos that people flood the forums with; "We want Panda DKs!" and the like. If your only argument is because you would like it despite the lore, then you're asking for every class/race combo to be available, and that's just unreasonable.

There are a few current race/class combos that shouldn't exist already, I'll grant you. But that is not an argument FOR the particular combo you want, merely an argument AGAINST those combos.

And finally:

11/10/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Rikunami
Before you go spewing the lore excuse, look at tauren pallies. Nuff' said.

If you take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the lore, you'll see that Tauren Paladins are perfectly understandable (seeing as adding a whole new race specific Paladin-esque class would be a ludicrous idea). Tauren Paladins are Sunwalkers, and thus not exactly true Paladins, but Paladin is the closest in game class we have. Similar to how the Forsaken have the Priest class a la The Cult of the Forgotten Shadow, and how the in game Shaman class is an amalgamation of Witch Doctor, Shaman, and Farseer from Troll, Orc, and Tauren cultures.

tl;dr Give us a reason or move along.
Undead Paladins need to happen nuff said.
Panda Paladin > Gnome Paladin

Dat food racial
Any new paladin horde side would be amazing lol. I know people say "it needs to be in the lore" but im pretty sure if enough people request something...blizzard will find a way to do it. New lore can be written.
Undead Paladins need to happen nuff said.

No
How many Gnome Paladins does it take to change a lightbulb? None. Gnomes are too short to reach the Light.
Panda Paladin > Gnome Paladin

Dat food racial

And it would make more sense lorewise
And goblin paladins also....
As bad as I want undead paladins, I dont think it will happen due to so many people complaining about the lore. I think as a second, troll paladins would be legit. Regardless, we really do need more choices for paladins. Its pretty weak.
We pallys hold ourselves to a certain standard and part of this standard is a height minimum. Simply put gnomes are not tall enough to be paladins. Imagine a gnome leading you into battle and then just gets stomped on by pretty much anything that is taller than a chicken. A brood of chickens would easily own any number of pally gnomes.
I'm up for panda paladin
And it would make more sense lorewise

No, no it would not.
But I don't want to be around gnomes. They're very handsy.
You gotta be at least 4 ft tall to be a pally.

What's the average height of a Dwarf?

On a related note, I would definitely race change to Night Elf given the opportunity.