Heirlooms

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
At Blizzcon they announced that they would be making a tab for heirlooms that is going to be genuinely cross-realm. Thank you Blizz!

I might have missed it, but I was wondering if they mentioned what will happen with multiples of the same heirloom? Will we only see one in our tab or will it show how many we have? Also will we get refunds for the ones we have more than one of?. I have at least 3 sets of the cloth gear and 3 of each PvE trinket. Also how does this effect things like daggers and maces that you can use two of at a time?
We don't know yet... and even then, over the next half year of development, they'll probably tweak it so it's significantly different from where it's at at this point in time.
It's a new UI of (essentially) buttons that will "light up" when you obtain one (or have obtained one) of the heirlooms. Click the button and an item of that type will be generated and put into your bags.
It's a new UI of (essentially) buttons that will "light up" when you obtain one (or have obtained one) of the heirlooms. Click the button and an item of that type will be generated and put into your bags.

Please tell me this isn't going to be an implementation of "buy one, buy for all" situation...

will they keep their enchants or no?
I don't think we'll be refunded, I mean we weren't for mounts/dual spec when they lowered the price, among other things.

That is just so cool. Alt-aholic approved!
11/13/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Deadhorse
Please tell me this isn't going to be an implementation of "buy one, buy for all" situation...

Please, please tell me this is a buy one buy for all situation.
11/13/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Tastaa

This please!

That's kind of the point.

What's the current thinking on items we already have and are enchanted when the expansion goes live?

Are we going to have to enchant items on a per toon basis, or will the Heirloom "Journal" be able to store our chanted versions?
You won't be refunded anything.

And thats the way it should be. You already got use out of the gear, no need for a refund unless you want the characters who used it to level wound back to level 1.
Will the enchants stay on the heirlooms or what?

I've got several identical heirloom items. What will happen to the 'dupes'?

Please, please tell me this is a buy one buy for all situation.

I would not object to duplicate items giving us Justice Points / Honor depending on how much they cost- ideally 100% of the price, but even half would be something.

What about enchants placed on the gear?
Not sure enchants even need to be worried about with the recent changes.

Isn't that literally what Heirlooms are? The only thing now is you can use them cross-server.

Okay, this isn't going to be an implementation of "buy one, buy for all" situation. The problem though is that I'm lying. Okay, I really don't know but I'm thinking I'm lying.

11/13/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Tastaa

Probably not. I suspect they store them like they do for Void Storage using only an item id rather than storing an instance of each item.

On the plus side with the enchant scaling you can actually use the over 9,000 spirit dust you have to enchant new heirlooms.

Edit: Well, not on a brand new server but enchanting heirlooms is really just a nice thing rather than game breaking.

Will we be able to summon multiple copies on a single chars for dual-wielding? What about enchants?

Why what would it hurt? You can only play one character at a time anyway.

Simply saves me the time and copper of mailing the items back and forth. I already have all the heirlooms in cloth, leather, mail and plate.