RiP PvP 2004-2013 - Trial of Gladiator (WoD)

Arenas
Prev 1 4 5 6 24 Next
Typical PvPers whining like usual & they wonder why PvP isn't Balanced.

I'm pretty sure raiders would complain if blizzard decided that they could only raid competitively within a specific 8 hour time frame given each week (that changes each week too)

Well we do raid in a specific time frame already, If Blizzard said we could only raid Mythic between 7 pm - 11pm. I would be fine with that honestly. I'm pretty sure top raiding guilds could schedule themselves around those times aswell, but let's be honest Blizzard would never do that.
Arena did not come out in 2004 i think 2006

Arenas came out in TBC, can't remember what patch though, Arenas didn't start becoming really unbalanced until Cata & started causing balancing problems throughout the game around the same time too.
I don't know where this idea came from, but just to clear things up, we have no plans to remove the current Arena ladder.

I LIKE UR HAIR

:~)

I'm pretty sure raiders would complain if blizzard decided that they could only raid competitively within a specific 8 hour time frame given each week (that changes each week too)

Well we do raid in a specific time frame already, If Blizzard said we could only raid Mythic between 7 pm - 11pm. I would be fine with that honestly. I'm pretty sure top raiding guilds could schedule themselves around those times aswell, but let's be honest Blizzard would never do that.

Right but it doesn't change each week. The ToG times change every week (atleast from what we've heard), raid schedules don't.

Well we do raid in a specific time frame already, If Blizzard said we could only raid Mythic between 7 pm - 11pm. I would be fine with that honestly.

And then from 9 am - 1 pm? And then next week on some completely different randomly selected block of time on different days?

Right but it doesn't change each week. The ToG times change every week (atleast from what we've heard), raid schedules don't.

Well the way things are going in PvP maybe it has to be this way, people love to exploit the system, They only want there class to be the best & the rest nerfed to the ground they complain a class is OP when they get out skill by a better player. Maybe making everyone at the same level could bring out a better PvP experience.

Well we do raid in a specific time frame already, If Blizzard said we could only raid Mythic between 7 pm - 11pm. I would be fine with that honestly.

Please present this idea to other raiders and tell them its going to happen we'd love to see the responses.
11/14/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Arbsbear
Well we do raid in a specific time frame already,

You raid in a set, specific time decided by your raid team not by blizzard.

Im sure pve'rs would rage so hard filling up every single thread on the forums with complainants about having to raid in a set random time each week.

They only want there class to be the best & the rest nerfed to the ground they complain a class is OP when they get out skill by a better player.

do

you

even

have

a

brain

bro
11/14/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Beetroot
I am curious why arena even exists. Frankly, it's probably the most single player content in this game. Especially after going 20 man on mythic. Arean play should probably be put on par with honor gear, and rated BGs really the only efficient way for conquest.

Care to explain?

I don't see how three players queuing arena counts as single player content, is it because it relies on the skill on the individuals much more than other tasks in this game? Anyways, the team work and synergy in a 3v3 team is what makes them succeed.

It's 17 short of 20; that much I can say. Why should teamwork and synergy and 3v3 superceded teamwork and synergy in 10v10 pvp? Or yet, why not 20v20?

And then from 9 am - 1 pm? And then next week on some completely different randomly selected block of time on different days?

Please present this idea to other raiders and tell them its going to happen we'd love to see the responses.

Well if you wanna be the best than time shouldn't be an issue ;). Regardless if the time changes or not. You know if you want to be the best you will put aside whatever it is to be the best.
I don't know where this idea came from, but just to clear things up, we have no plans to remove the current Arena ladder.

That's awesome, but you're making thebest pvpers go 20 man. Let's see some coordination love on the pvp scene. Either put RBGs on the forefront, or let's ditch 2v2 and 3v3 for 7v7.

There's no reason PvPers can't coordinate on a larger scale as well.

Care to explain?

I don't see how three players queuing arena counts as single player content, is it because it relies on the skill on the individuals much more than other tasks in this game? Anyways, the team work and synergy in a 3v3 team is what makes them succeed.

It's 17 short of 20; that much I can say. Why should teamwork and synergy and 3v3 superceded teamwork and synergy in 10v10 pvp? Or yet, why not 20v20?

10v10 PvP is much different than 3v3 PvP. RBG's are more or less a cleave fest, breaking someones CC happens all the time. Overlapping CD's happens all the time. Overlapping CC happens all the time. There's much more room for error in 10v10 because there are more people making mistakes.
11/14/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Schwert

And that ladder means absolutely nothing.

Look at how the community treats 2's now - It'll mean less than that.

11/14/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Gravez

No. It just seems like you're removing the ability for players who have busy lives to compete for the things we deserve as much as anyone else (titles). Its fine for the small majority of people who are able to schedule their lives around short q time periods, but for the rest of us, it feels like we're being robbed of the right to play for the same rewards as everyone else.

It's like the game is going backward to when you had to q bgs in the peak times to get your titles in vanilla. Obviously it's not as time intensive, but the same principle applies. Unless you're available to play at a specified time, you become disadvantaged.

Blizz made the right moves in making things like gear, titles etc accessible to even the most casual players. It's what keeps them paying their sub. Now it seems like one part of that is being taken away, and it will be to your own demise if it goes live as it was explained.

I can't agree more with this guy.

You are catering only to such a miniscule population with this new system that you are alienating even a chunk of top tier players with this.
Prestige rewards are already impossible for most of the playerbase to get in PvP: You're killing any reason for anybody who isn't a 2200+ caliber player to even bother trying to improve themselves at all now.

Look back to BC and how many Gladiator spots were going out then.
Look at your current Challenge Mode set ups.

THAT is what should be happening. Not this crap.

Just putting us back on topic answer this.
That's awesome, but you're making thebest pvpers go 20 man. Let's see some coordination love on the pvp scene. Either put RBGs on the forefront, or let's ditch 2v2 and 3v3 for 7v7.

There's no reason PvPers can't coordinate on a larger scale as well.

please stop posting

i do not come onto your pve forum claiming horrible changes, so I would like you to extend the same curtsey to the arena forums

Well if you wanna be the best than time shouldn't be an issue ;).

but it's not about being the best, from what we understand all ranked PvP (doesn't matter if you're a challenger or a gladiator) can only be queued during select windows. Otherwise we're just playing for fun/practice.
11/14/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Gravez
No. It just seems like you're removing the ability for players who have busy lives to compete for the things we deserve as much as anyone else (titles).

Thank you sir. This change is terrible. People have lives and we shouldn't be forced to play at a certain time. I fell in WoW because of all this freedom we have. To some, this may seem like a minor change (PvErs/Casuals), but to people who constantly PvP? This is a drastic change for us. PvP is the only reason I play this game, I may not be some 2400 Twitch hero, but I enjoy it regardless as my main activity in this game.

My guild took a vote on our guild website and when discussed in skype/guild chat, not one person is happy with it.

Reinhart, our guild leader, also put together a survey based around TotG to see what everyone thinks of it (he's done a few other surveys in the past). And I have not talked to one person who enjoys this change. I pray this does not go through.

Edit: To those who want to take the survey to contribute it's at:

http://gamers-league.com/

Hard to miss, it's this GIANT gray box when you go to the site lol

Well if you wanna be the best than time shouldn't be an issue ;).

but it's not about being the best, from what we understand all ranked PvP (doesn't matter if you're a challenger or a gladiator) can only be queued during select windows. Otherwise we're just playing for fun/practice.

But whats so bad about playing for fun or practice?, Aren't you enjoying the game??
I must be confused about something. I just read compeletly through this ...
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11514707/Warlords_of_Draenor_A_Look_at_PvP-11_9_2013

You know that annual tournament realm that you have to pay extra to play in?

What I gather is that they are giving you free access to a version of that IN ADDITION to a new PvP zone which is IN ADDITION to your normal arenas that is rated separate from eachother.

You are complaining about having to schedule time to play a completely new and free arena ladder that does not affect the standard ladder?

Pleas tell me what I am missing?
@Arbsbear

We do, we've been asking for something like skirmishes to come back, but not this way. Understand that PvP is a big part, and sometimes the only part, of game play for a WoW player. We are enjoying the game, but not if we are forced and TOLD WHEN we can play.

But whats so bad about playing for fun or practice?, Aren't you enjoying the game??

Playing for fun/practice is fine, however when we want to use what we've practiced in rated arena we can only do it during limited time frames