oqueue download

UI and Macro
does anyone know where I can download this addon? curse is no longer supported right? the solideice.com link doesn't work.
http://solidice.com/oqueue/
http://216.119.148.170/

It used to be available on the Solidice, but it seems they're moving domains at the moment. They redirect you to the IP address on the former download page.
http://solidice.com/oqueue/
http://216.119.148.170/

It used to be available on the Solidice, but it seems they're moving domains at the moment. They redirect you to the IP address on the former download page.

this is correct

if you have any questions, you can always jump on vent and ask (or try the facebook group)

wow.publicvent.org : 4135
room 0
Well there are posts ALL over the internet about Oqueue but NONE saying "oh yeah, it's down". Yes, it is down. Down waste your money buying unzip programs etc. Oqueue is NOT available at this time. Although nobody seems willing to share that info for those of us who have spent hours upon hours trying to find it and download. Stupid.
Well there are posts ALL over the internet about Oqueue but NONE saying "oh yeah, it's down". Yes, it is down. Down waste your money buying unzip programs etc. Oqueue is NOT available at this time. Although nobody seems willing to share that info for those of us who have spent hours upon hours trying to find it and download. Stupid.
What? Did you see this post? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10574437404#2
Did you try download from there? And who pays to unzip programs?

how should i respond to such moronic dribble and obvious disinformation?

1. play nice with yet another tool?
2. call him out for being unable to operate google?
3. ??

how would you respond? in days gone by, the mods would actually ban people for trolling and obvious disinformation. no longer. they've allowed the tools to multiple to the point where every post is a competition to see who can out troll who.

countering the disinformation troll:
--
yes, the website is up.. the same website that has been oQueue's home for 18 months. the same domain i've had for 10+ years.

http://solidice.com

and yes, i took it off the file share site, curse. it does not benefit me in the least to help drive their ad revenue when less then 5% of it goes to the addon devs.

and yes, i took it off the file share site, curse. it does not benefit me in the least to help drive their ad revenue when less then 5% of it goes to the addon devs.

Actually, your addon would never have gotten any foothold without curse.

Yes it would have. The functionality of OQ is what made it popular. It fills a void caused by the declining server populations and there's no competing addon.

Yes it would have. The functionality of OQ is what made it popular. It fills a void caused by the declining server populations and there's no competing addon.

There's no doubt that the concept is valuable and that I don't disagree at all that it fills a void. But there's still no way it could have taken off without support and publicity.
I didn't hear about it from Curse. Unless an addon appears on the Top 100 Popular AddOns of the Week or the front page Monthly Download List, you don't actually get that much publicity from Curse. Much more than a foothold is needed to even appear on those lists. An addon being listed on Curse doesn't mean players will download it. Curse has a very large repository and they can't possibly publicize every addon. I wouldn't even say they actively publicize an addon. The website displays trends, making popular addons easier to find.

The desperate need and word of mouth from other players is how this addon got popular.
Apparently you don't use the search feature in curse? Nor do you understand how search engine optimisation and how valuable the links are via curse for boosting forum posts on a particular topic.

It's called the forums and word of mouth. There were tons of people using oqueue before Curse.
Apparently you don't use the search feature in curse? Nor do you understand how search engine optimisation and how valuable the links are via curse for boosting forum posts on a particular topic.

Using the search function only helps when you have an idea what you're looking for. OQ does a function never available before. Its not like other addons that you can stumble upon because you're searching for a function you know is possible, such as Death Knight Runes or Energy bar.

If Curse was the gatekeeper of addon popularity, then how is it OQ is still popular after not being listed? Word of mouth does a lot more to drive addon popularity than Curse does.

Using the search function only helps when you have an idea what you're looking for.

Ok, so you don't understand SEO.

People will do google searches for words like "battleground", "pvp", "arenas" or even "pvp addons".

There would be forum posts on oqueue which would never make the first page in a google search. Over time, people start linking on forums to very large sites like curse, those posts begin to get a higher ranking on a google search. Add to the fact that words like 'battleground" and "pvp" etc are also on the curse oqueue page, and all of a sudden oqueue gets an even higher ranking. To summarise, this means that forum posts on oqueue or pvp will get higher google rankings (ie. make the first page), by also having the addon on curse.

You cannot claim that oqueue would have become popular without it's presence on curse and it would have been much more difficult to do so, and taken a lot of effort.

Not to mention the fact that I, and many others I know, refuse to install ANY addon not available via curse.
12/03/2013 09:48 PMPosted by Darkgöddess
You cannot claim that oqueue would have become popular without it's presence on curse and it would have been much more difficult to do so, and taken a lot of effort.

It was popular before it went on Curse.

Not to mention the fact that I, and many others I know, refuse to install ANY addon not available via curse.

I would, and I did.
You obviously don't understand SEO. Searching for an addon on Curse or through the client has nothing to do with SEO anyway.

But if you do a Google search for:

Warcraft AddOn cross realm
Warcraft AddOn cross realm pvp
Warcraft AddOn cross realm group
Warcraft AddOn cross realm RBG

The first results are mentions of an AddOn called OQueue and if you search for OQueue, the first result is the download website. The internet is full mentions about OQueue because the functionality is awesome and players have taken it upon themselves to publicize it. Once again, word of mouth does more to drive popularity than Curse does. Even the popular addons available on Curse are mostly popular because players recommend them to other players. If players simply stuck to the most downloaded addons, then new addons wouldn't gain a foothold, but we all know new addons become popular all the time.

If you think an addon must be on Curse to be safe to use, then you really don't understand what an addon actually is. There is nothing an addon can do to exploit, break the rules or hack your computer. Addons can only execute commands allowed by the API. An actual addon is only put into the Interface/AddOns folder and contains no executable or driver files. If you see something other than media files, lua, xml, toc, blp, tga or txt, then there might be reason to question the addon. Otherwise there's nothing harmful the addon can do. Really there's no harm possible unless you manually execute a file or put files in a folder other than the Interface/AddOns folder.
i uploaded oQueue to the file share site, curse.com, on dec 7th, 2012. at that time, oQueue had been in use in the US for 5+ months and the EU for about 6 weeks. there were about 60k btags using it at the time. an average of 12k new btags per month.

11 months later, it had popped to 215k ... which is when it was put into 'moderation' by the file share site, curse.com. during that period, there was an increase of 155k new btags or 14k/mon

today, there are 298k+ btags using oQueue (just checked) between the US and EU, an increase of 83k in 2 months. this is a radical increase of 41k+/mon, all without the aid of the file share site, curse.com

just the facts...
Neither of you are getting what I am saying. The curse linking would give higher rating to the previously not well known and low ranked "solidice" website.

The ranking is now high in google, removing the addon from curse does not change the high rankings you have achieved, so of course you continue to have no problems with people finding your addon.

Come on, really, this is a basic concept.
12/05/2013 12:37 AMPosted by Jugaa