It's called flex for a reason...

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
Why do 550+ ilvl people que for flex anyways, are you that bored? Stop taking spots of people that need it. Disgusting example of the selfishness that is the WoW player base.

Certain items like trinkets are still of value despite being lower ilvl from flex. The flex AoC for instance is better for a combat rogue than any other trinket in the game aside from the higher ilvl versions.
I'm 552 equipped and I still need seven upgrades from Flex. My raiding priest who's 566 needs a trinket still.

EDIT:

I haven't done the math but assuming the tier bonus is good enough I still need three upgrades from LFR (two tier pieces and a trinket) much less Flex.
Why do 550+ ilvl people que for flex anyways, are you that bored? Stop taking spots of people that need it. Disgusting example of the selfishness that is the WoW player base.

Spots of people that need it?

What on earth is stopping you from forming your own group? It's not like somebody at 560 queues up and you're literally unable to do Flex that week. There's no Flex rationing.

You act like you have to line up for Flex spots in the Soviet Union. Sheesh.
What on earth is stopping you from forming your own group? It's not like somebody at 560 queues up and you're literally unable to do Flex that week. There's no Flex rationing.

He doesn't want to run with those other scrubby people that need gear. He is entitled to a carry by heroic raiders as he pays $15/month... obviously.

wow
After another fun Flex run last night with guildies, friends-of-guildies and a couple folks from the server — consisting mostly of our knock-knee alts — I had to post on the silliness of stopping at 14 players. We just kept adding people and enjoying ourselves.
We just kept adding people and enjoying ourselves.

How dare you!
I did a full flex (2) last night for the first time. It was a ton of fun and it was far easier than the 10-13 person groups I normally get in. I noticed no mechanic changes. The only thing that was done differently was that we had ranged stack in two separate groups for Galakras. I don't even think that was necessary.
I had to post on the silliness of stopping at 14 players. We just kept adding people and enjoying ourselves.

So they wanted to stop at 14 but you convinced them to keep adding people?
So they wanted to stop at 14 but you convinced them to keep adding people?

Oh, heh, no. My guild uses Flex exactly as it's intended — inclusively. It's just that I glanced at this thread yesterday and had to swing by tonight to shake my fist at people who don't.

Because it likely has upgrades, even if your average ilvl is > 550.

It's not that, it's called increasing progression in normal mode by having the best items from flex mode to push past bosses. I am still farming Flex mode for 3 more pieces of gear (T16 gloves from Nazgrim, Neck from Malkorok, and T16 helm from Thok) while downing bosses in normal each week (10/14 Normal mode currently). I plan on doing the same thing once I begin running heroic mode in the next 2-3 months. I'm sure this is why most 550+ ilvl people que for flex mode still.
I'm sure this is why most 550+ ilvl people que for flex mode still.

I do it to help guildies get a run going. One of my guildmates joined a flex that was ready to go except they couldn't find a second tank. Him having helped me earlier that day with me on an alt, I decided to take my main (who I'm posting on) and join the flex run he was in.

It was a lot of fun and I could still use a couple pieces of ret gear out of there (mostly trinkets!). It was also loads of fun laughing at bosses who could barely scratch me.

Also echoing the sentiment that Flex is easier at 25. Generally, for our alts, we do guild flex runs twice a week. Why more people don't do this blows my mind. Set a flex day, people will show up!

Some of us have really bad RNG when it comes to some drops out of normal/heroic. I just barely now got a flex Immersius trinket this week while I've been killing Heroic Immersius for well over a month now with no luck on it. And I'll still run flex until I get better rings.

I also run the wings I don't need gear from with friends to at least ensure that their group has some guaranteed decent DPS.
Adding a 15th player adds an extra target for some boss mechanics. That's it.
It would help if Blizzard just came out and said its easier with the more people you have so people would be more inclusive of who they add.
It would help if Blizzard just came out and said its easier with the more people you have so people would be more inclusive of who they add.

They pretty much already have.
The people who believe in the 14 or bust rule are also the same people in LFR that demand Dark Shaman to be three tanked, Iron Juggernaut pulled to the very back of the room/by the gates of Org, streaming bloody murder while attacking in d-stance (bonus points if you have a dps thats doing 200k+ and then kick him after the incoming wipe because he was "making the fight harder for us by dps in d-stance although its basically a glorified battle stance now), yells at the raid to kill all the 6 adds on Nazgrim sub 10% (which during the entire fight they dont turn on adds but at the moment when you probably shouldn't worry about them except one/two people going back there to interupt the mage) although he's in berserker stance and other LFR quirks that just make you /sigh because you can't fix ignorant perception.

Just my personal experience with it I didn't even notice that when you went to 15 people it activated 25 mechanics until it was pointed out to me, even then adding an extra soak (1 person) or an extra trap should deny you the right to invite your friends? To me they would be doing me a favor and telling me this group is not right for me and to look elsewhere.
The only problems I've ever had in flex is when there aren't enough good players to carry the bad ones.

The fastest clears I've been in have been 25 man runs with 4 healers.
4 healers good number start with any flex, done three flex, it's alright but when get bad rng from lfr,flex and ya can't do normal mode ya ilvl more pain get higher